A-10C 1.1.0.6 Patch Available

Wags

Great Job ED!

I installed the patch and forgot to restart before trying it out. I flew the ramp free flight mission and the only thing I noticed was right at the beginning. I kept getting master caution on/off. Was that a bug before this patch? If it is, will it go away after a reboot or did I mess it up good? FYI: the alarm stopped after some oil pressure came up during the engine start.

What is the reason for needing a restart and why didn't the patcher request it?

Otherwise, looks and run really great!

Edited by Echonomix
more info

asus p7p55d deluxe | intel i5-750 @ stock | g.skill ripjaw 4gb | asus geforce gtx 470 @ stock | trackir 4 | thrustmaster hotas warthog | win7 home premium 64bit

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, something is definitely off here. Upon further inspection, or rather zooming in, I can confirm this problem.

untitled27676u.png

untitled26j7g4.png

At last someone with the same problem, pre patch everything was allright. Now it looks awful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]AMD x4 B55 @3.6 Ghz/ 4GB ddr2 1066/ ATi 6870 /Saitek X45/Dell 2209wa

The text blur only occurs on the left and right panels. However you will see when zoomed in some dials are clear. To me this doesn't look like video driver issue since front panel and HUD are fine when zoomed in.

Edited by dits17

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]AMD x4 B55 @3.6 Ghz/ 4GB ddr2 1066/ ATi 6870 /Saitek X45/Dell 2209wa

The text blur only occurs on the left and right panels. However you will see when zoomed in some dials are clear. To me this doesn't look like video driver issue since front panel and HUD are fine when zoomed in.

Hm,

no or minimal blur at all anymore.

Pic1.thumb.jpg.32009c126619cfea1327801dace54e23.jpg

Pic5.thumb.jpg.5ae56d57f71a266b83a8d0e07b2a92e4.jpg

Pic4.thumb.jpg.0872aa1d8f5efae2043beaee2fcfe3bb.jpg

No issues here. :thumbup:

It actually looks smoother to me. All highest options except HDR. All high-end gear including HD5970.

Yeah, all good here using GTX460 and Nvidia Inspector. Looks like an Anisotropic Filtering problem. I prefer to set my own GFX setting rather than letting the application decide.

• ED Team
What was the default distance in meters for trees during the release version, and what type of performance decreases are people seeing when they max them out to 15k?

You can try to apply low, medium and high graphics presets and look a trees distance values linked with these presets.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

What was the default distance in meters for trees during the release version, and what type of performance decreases are people seeing when they max them out to 15k?

I do not see any performance impacts with maxing out any of the settings with the exception of HDR. With HDR I go from approximate average of 50-60 fps to 20 - 35....

• ED Team

The default HIGH distance in the release build was 9,000. In testing, there was a 15% FPS reduction when going to 12,000. Going to 15,000 WILL have a significant FPS impact and should only be used for very high end systems.

I did some testing; release vs this patch regarding performance is the same for me (30-100FPS, depending on the mission),

I also do not have any blurred textures in cockpit.

Great job ED!

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

Yeah, all good here using GTX460 and Nvidia Inspector. Looks like an Anisotropic Filtering problem. I prefer to set my own GFX setting rather than letting the application decide.

There definitely are serious problems with NVidia cards. On my ENGT240 1GB eveything was fine until the patch: I had to disable Anisotropic filtering, but still game crashes a lot. It's become a back to beta experience.

I wonder what exactly changed in the graphics rendering from 1.1.0.5 to 1.1.0.6?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am I the only one noticing a huge HIT on FPS with the new fire and smokes ?

just try the "sitting ducks" mission, and look at FPS before, and after destruction of the 7 vehicles !!!

It goes from 75 to 40 FPS for me, when I watch the smokes !

I am all for the return of the great climbing smokes, just like in beta 4, but it seems to me that these in the new patch are eating far too many FPS..

please check.

here are my settings :

Textures : High

Scenes : High

Civil traffic : OFF

Water: High

Visib Range : MED

Heat Blur : ON

Shadows : High

Résolution : 1920x1080 en 16/9

Res. of Cockpit Displays : 512 every frame

MSAA : 8x

Clutter/Bushes 0m

Trees Visibility : 6000 m

Vsync : décoché

Full Screen : coché

HDR : coché

TSAA : coché

Asus Rampage III) - Intel I7 950 - 6gb DDR3 Kingston - Gainward GFX570- Cougar FSSB + CH Fighterstick - Track IR3 Pro VE

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

40 fps is totally flyable, esp if that is when you are looking directly at the source of the slow down.

what a constructive comment ;)

1st : 40 might be "totally flyable", but there is no reason we should loose 40% of our FPS just because 6 vehicles are smocking.. I'd rather have the smoke and fire effect that we had in beta 4 or even release version then, but with full FPS.

2nd : 40 FPS isnt fluid as 60 or 75 FPS are.. you can notice the difference, and you even notice it more when you step from 70 to 40... it's make a very noticeable and annoying stutter.

3rd : i noticed that the stutter dimished as I zoomed totally IN and OUT looking at the smokes.. which make me things this maybe has something to do with the textures relative to the smokes or fire.

4th: I am not "complaining".. I am just reporting a possible "issue", so that maybe we can have the better of both word.. the smokes of beta 4, and the fps of release version.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

What you are noticing isn't the framerates itself, you are noticing the change in famerates. Change maxFPS in config.lua to 30 or 40 and you won't notice it. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The smokes proved to be my problem too: in 1.1.0.5 everything went smooth, in 1.1.0.6 I had stutter in external views and constant CTD's; I had to disable both Anisotropic filtering and Anti-aliasing alltogether!

Disabling both means I can now run back all my missions without crashing. With AA on, I had CTD's all along.

I'm runnign latest DX drivers; Maybe I have to update my NVidia drivers also? I did so just a month ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you are noticing isn't the framerates itself, you are noticing the change in famerates. Change maxFPS in config.lua to 30 or 40 and you won't notice it. ;)

Ahh so the person getting 40 fps which is perfectly flyable should set his maxfps to 15? Hey he wont notice the difference...

@ED - Thank you people! You really walk an extra mile to try and please everyone ...

@whiners - How about you finally sit down and enjoy an amazing online flight and live in the meantime with the little imperfections (while ED is taking care of them)

P.S. You can have a look at the attached image hope you'll reconsider.

a%3E

Screen_110306_174118.thumb.jpg.378f307b517e43faef41576e447da629.jpg

Edited by skypirate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

@whiners - How about you finally sit down and enjoy an amazing online flight and live in the meantime with the little imperfections (while ED is taking care of them)

P.S. You can have a look at the attached image hope you'll reconsider.

a%3E

NO.... I paid for a certain amount of FPS and if ED patches the sim i PAID for and then takes my FPS back that I paid for the first time around that is like taking money out of my pocket.. IT IS MY FPS AND YOU WILL NOT TAKE IT FROM ME!!!!

now resuming to sucking my thumb....move on nothing to see here.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Ahh so the person getting 40 fps which is perfectly flyable should set his maxfps to 15? Hey he wont notice the difference...

No, that's not what I said. I indicated the common misperception that a specific FPS is required for something to look fluid, wherefore people who suffer issues can be made aware of that trick since it might solve their issue. The point is this: the human brain will notice shifts between 40 and 60 FPS, and you'll experience it as not being smooth. But if you limit the renderer to 40 FPS only the FPS will remain steady and your experience will be that it is smooth. Essentially, quite often it's not the FPS itself that is the problem - it's that it changes that is the problem.

My apologies for trying to help. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester