Problem F 15C is not Visible

Bulle

Hi there,

i'm new to DCS and just installed DCS World a few weeks ago via Steam and now i've bought FC3 together with the huey in the Steam Spring-Sale.

So generally everything works fine, but in FC3 someting seems to be incorrect. When I want to take the F-15C for flight, everything loads normally. But as soon as I'm sitting in the cockpit and I'm looking around, I see nothing from the plane. Even in external View the F 15 isn't visible. I just hear the Sounds and I can see the Cockpit.

Then I've noticed another strange thing. While switching via F2-Key through the other Aircrafts around me, I see the F 16C. The Plane it self looks good, but close to the nose of the plane where to pods visible that are normally under the wing of the plane.

After the Installation of DCS World I have downloaded FC3 first and then the huey. But after that i've tried the huey first. There I was asked for the Activation-Key. That works fine without any problem. After that I want to try FC3. I'm not 100% sure but i can't remember that I was asked for the activationkey of FC3.

I'm not sure if there are a few more problems. Does anyone of you had a similar problem or does anyone know how to solve it?

Regards

Bulle

Hi there,

But in FC3 someting seems to be incorrect. When I want to take the F-15C for flight, everything loads normally. But as soon as I'm sitting in the cockpit and I'm looking around, I see nothing from the plane. Even in external View the F 15 isn't visible. I just hear the Sounds and I can see the Cockpit.

I see the F 16C. The Plane it self looks good, but close to the nose of the plane where to pods visible that are normally under the wing of the plane.

After the Installation of DCS World I have downloaded FC3 first and then the huey. But after that i've tried the huey first. There I was asked for the Activation-Key. That works fine without any problem. After that I want to try FC3. I'm not 100% sure but i can't remember that I was asked for the activationkey of FC3.

Regards

Bulle

The F-16 is an on going bug, it shows the Lantirn pod in the incorrect mounting point, that hasn't been fixed as yet.

The F-15c problem, not sure about that one, but If it is a steam install, I would run the cache verification on the install (may have a slighly corrupt file in DCS), or if available DCS's own repair tool.

I believe some DCS modules now do a silient activation upon installation and running of that module, with no user interaction needed.

I assume you have no extra MODS installed ???, just base game.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks for reply Ian.

Good to know that it is an on going bug with the F-16.

No, I don't have any Mods installed. Its just a clean Install of DCS via Steam. If tryed a reinstall of FC3 yesterday, but it doesn't help. I will try it with the cache-verification. I haven't found the DCS-Repairtool yet, as it is not in the Start-Menu. But maybe I can find something in the directories.

Big Thanx Ian,

cache-verification in Steam did it for me. Didn't know that function before, but it found 23 missing Files in the installation. They were automatically downloaded after the verification and after that I could see the Model of the F15.

Big Thanx Ian,

cache-verification in Steam did it for me. Didn't know that function before, but it found 23 missing Files in the installation. They were automatically downloaded after the verification and after that I could see the Model of the F15.

Great news, I'm glad I could help, Steam downloads seem to get corrupted quite easily, I have a lot of my steam games go corrupt and that cache check has always fixed them.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.