Upcoming ModMan 7.1 - Adding new skin automatically - skin artist please read

Skypat

Sharkster, which version of MODMAN are you using? And which Black Shark? (Eng or Rus) When you say invisible, can you see anything (ie rotors, exhausts) or nothing at all?

I am using 7.1.0.9 version of modman. I am also using english version of Black Shark. It was only invisible when I tried installing manually without using modman. I tried this after I could not get the skins to show up in game after I used Modman. The rotors and cockpit were visible butnot the skin. However I would like to install them with modman and I cannot seem to get them to install period. On Modman it all shows green as installed. All four aircraft appear in the top left box and their picture appears in the right. I checked all four boxes and exited the installer. Then I started game from modman. No skins were available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried installing other skins and they seem to work fine. However your canadian skins which I really want dont seem to work. I noticed that with the other skins, they seem to have more files showing in the lower right box and they are all green with one of the files having cfg in the green box. However on the Canadian skins there is only one file available in the lower right box and it is not green. It also says N/A. I wonder if something got screwed up on the download and I didnt get all the files. Will try downloading again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Sharkster, when you downloaded the skin pack, did you extract it? Do to the way lockonfiles works, and the way MODMAN 7.1 works, I had to combine the 4 skins into one zip.

You need to extract it, which should give you 4 rar files. (one for each skin. When you are in MODMAN, there should only be one file in the list for each skin (the .cdds file) everything else is done with the skin.lma7 file. When you install it, it should just show green. (no CFG in the box, just solid green)

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what the issue is. Those skins have been out for ahile, and downloaded many times without incident...(until now)

Just rereading above, are you installing skins manually as well? Because if you are, you will screw MODMAN. It's one of those things where you either go all manual or all MODMAN, as soon as you mix, bad things WILL happen.

Just rerereading....When you checked the four skins, you did hit install after right? The checkmark doesn't actually install anything, it just lets you select more than one thing at a time..in the upper right box, it should list all of the available mods, followed by a box. The box will be RED if it isn't installed, and green if it is.

Edited by RCN_Moose

I extracted the file to the modman addons_dcs folder so that it showed 4 rar files in the addon_dcs folder. I then installed it with the modman installer. It showed all four skins in the top left box all green. I then checked all of them and hit install. As for trying manually, I did that after installing them with the modman when that didnt work. I tried installing other skins after as well and they installed no problem. The boxes only showed red before I installed them. After I installed them they were green.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm. Okay I just rebuilt my computer, did a fresh install of Black Shark, did a fresh install of MODMAN, and redownloading my skinpacks from lockonfiles.

They installed fine and show up in the game fine. The only thing I can think of is that when you were messing around with the files manually they got out of sync with MODMAN. Do you have backups of the 4 key files? I'd recommend uninstalling all MODS, uninstall MODMAN, restore the 4 files, then reinstall MODMAN and the MODS.

Skypat,

MODMAN issue #2.

In order for the KA-50 to take damage properly, the information in the KA-50.skins file needs to be replicated in the KA-50-Blade, KA-50-NOSE, KA-50-TAIL, etc etc files as well. (ala the New Years skin) I don't think there will be any requirement to change existing skin mods, its just a matter of you taking the same information and adding it to the other skin files as well.

If the information isn't there, when that section is damaged, it will just disappear.

• Like 1

Ah, is this why, when my a/c gets blown up and the wreckage is falling to the ground, the wreckage looks like a different skin to what I was 'wearing' before I got hit?

e.g I might be using an a/c with the Standard skin...get hit by a manpad and as the wreckage of my a/c falls to the ground I find the 'bits' are wearing one of my custom skins.

I haven't got a screenie to hand of this happening but I can if it'll help my explanation of this oddity.

Skypat,

MODMAN issue #2.

In order for the KA-50 to take damage properly, the information in the KA-50.skins file needs to be replicated in the KA-50-Blade, KA-50-NOSE, KA-50-TAIL, etc etc files as well. (ala the New Years skin) I don't think there will be any requirement to change existing skin mods, its just a matter of you taking the same information and adding it to the other skin files as well.

If the information isn't there, when that section is damaged, it will just disappear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

Dragon, regarding the damage issue. No fix is required for MODMAN. All you need to do is edit the skin.lma7 file for each of your skins.

Right now they look something like this:

[skin]

file = Bazar\World\Shapes\KA-50.skins

argument = 70

you need to add the additional skin files like this:

[skin]

file = Bazar\World\Shapes\KA-50-BLADE.skins

file = Bazar\World\Shapes\KA-50-NOSE.skins

file = Bazar\World\Shapes\KA-50-TAIL.skins

file = Bazar\World\Shapes\KA-50-WING-L.skins

file = Bazar\World\Shapes\KA-50-WING-R.skins

argument = 70

hello

no, it's not supported at all, i checked the code, it can't work at all

btw, was in holiday, i received your mails

best regards

Skypat

Dragon, regarding the damage issue. No fix is required for MODMAN. All you need to do is edit the skin.lma7 file for each of your skins.

Right now they look something like this:

[skin]

argument = 70

you need to add the additional skin files like this:

[skin]

file = Bazar\World\Shapes\KA-50-WING-R.skins

argument = 70

Skypat,

No worries, it's not like you get paid for your work.

Ref the not supported, are you talking about being able to add a cnt_unit to the db_countries file? (ie adding the KA-50 to other countries) or the quote from above? Because I tested just adding the additional skin files in the lma7 and it was working fine.

Skypat,

No worries, it's not like you get paid for your work.

Ref the not supported, are you talking about being able to add a cnt_unit to the db_countries file? (ie adding the KA-50 to other countries) or the quote from above? Because I tested just adding the additional skin files in the lma7 and it was working fine.

"file = Bazar\World\Shapes\KA-50.skins

file = Bazar\World\Shapes\KA-50-WING-R.skins"

is not working... i checked the code twice, even with a bug, it can't work because there is no loop at all inside

please re-test it, it's very strange

Hmm, well I stand corrected....I'm not sure how I got it to work before, and I've since done a full system reinstall for a new hard drive.

Unfortunately Skypat, you are correct. It just ignores the additional skin file references.......

So, next question. Is there an easy way to add this into MODMAN? Maybe multiple skin.lma7 files?

Hmm, well I stand corrected....I'm not sure how I got it to work before, and I've since done a full system reinstall for a new hard drive.

Unfortunately Skypat, you are correct. It just ignores the additional skin file references.......

So, next question. Is there an easy way to add this into MODMAN? Maybe multiple skin.lma7 files?

Upcoming ModMan 7.1.1.0 will add automatically entries to others ka-50 'skin damage' files (you don't need to modify existing skin modman package).

when ModMan 7.1.1.0 will be out, user will just need to uninstall the skin then re-install the skin.

release date is unknown at this time but it will be soon

best regards

Skypat

hello

ModMan 7.1.1.0 is out

you can download ModMan 7.1.1.0 here

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5767

-------

- When adding a Ka-50 skin, entries from skin.lma7 will be also added automatically to the KA-50 *.skins damage file

for other aircraft you need to specify the filelist in skin.lma7 file (see DCS_new_skin_slot.doc documentation)

- DCS_new_skin_slot.doc documentation updated

For end-users

You just need ton uninstall your ModMan 7 skin then re-install it with 7.1.1.0 (or newer) to take advantage of the Skin damage file auto-registration

best regards

Skypat

ps: first post updated for skin.lma7 file example

Edited by Skypat
  • Like 1

Okay Skypat, another question for ya.

What I'd like to do is use MODMAN to install a custom db_countries file. (adding the KA-50 to all countries) I've tried creating a MODMAN file that just adds the custom db_countries, but whenever I go to add a skin after, it doesn't use the custom db_countries installed, but uses the original (from the back up I presume)

Is there any way around this? I'd like to be able put it up as a MOD, obviously it would need to be installed first (before any skins) but after it's installed it wouldn't make any difference. I'd then be able to have my skins come from their respective countries.

The only way it works now is to uninstall all MODS, manually replace the db_countries with my modified one and carry on. This isn't a problem for me or many others, but there's many people that might mistakenly make a mistake or mix up a file, hence the wish to go through MODMAN for everything.

no, ModMan never restore db_countries file by itself

be assured that ModMan don't restore db_countries file if you didn't asked it clearly ;)

if you have the problem, it means that you install a mod/skin which override db_countries file. (i mean that db_countries is inside the mod ZIP file)

i'am 100% sure on this ;)

not a modman issue.

best regards

Skypat