SEAD missiles .

eric963

Anyone having any issues with KH-58's always missing Patriot and Hawk radars? Everyone I have fired seems to just overshoot them and impact into the ground just behind them. The 25's are working properly.

Was testing with several missions i created with just the Hawk and Patriot sites and my plane.

Thanks

Eric

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also having issues with Kh-58's, KH-25m's overshooting or being shot down or just exploding ( I guess because it didnt reach the target before running out of fuel )

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

make sure your above 1500m. I found I hit almost everytime.

also the further away the higher you should be. Especialy with the 58's,

make sure your getting LA you do not need laser shots with the 58's or the 25 mpu's..

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Some overshoot or just miss, some don't, some just miss but manage to set fire to the vehicle in doing so. Pretty random. Depends mainly on the direction you launch from since the missile always goes up first, so altitude has little impact in my experience. My guess is that the AI doesn't properly know the shape of the radar vehicle so it just assumes a generic block shape, some of which overlaps the actual vehicle, some of which doesn't.

Edited by marcos

also it depends what side of a hill the radar dish is on I find if they are revers slope they miss a lot.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

also it depends what side of a hill the radar dish is on I find if they are revers slope they miss a lot.

I guess the obvious question is: If they're on the reverse slope, should you even be receiving a radar signal to lock and launch on?

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Which is why it's vitally important for all reports highlighting probable issues to be accompanied by a track/tracks. Would eliminate all conjecture and save a lot of time/effort.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

it was a rolling hill I changed out kislodsk mp mission with some SU25t's.

so I get up about the south west of the airfield at 1500eters and they start detection sa11. sorry

so short iPhone acting up in Cancun ATM.

My altitude was pretty low when I was attacking the sites with the 58's. The 58's do not seem top arc up as much as the 25's. As soon as I increased my altitude the 58's started hitting the targets. No problems at all with the 25's.

Viper, if the 58's should be hitting the sites when launched below 500m let me know and I'll upload the tracks.

Thanks everyone!!

Eric

Which is why it's vitally important for all reports highlighting probable issues to be accompanied by a track/tracks. Would eliminate all conjecture and save a lot of time/effort.

Spent a few minutes on this this morning. Here are 3--all Kh-58 misses from low altitude (approx 300 m ASL) In each track, one hits and one misses. The TRs are on the flat coastline in order to factor out the elevation changes of the area.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ta Rich - about to sit down and verify.

As an aside, in reality the 58 has no hard-deck for launch that you are aware of, no? Had a wee look and could not find any limitation insofar as altitude is concerned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ta Rich - about to sit down and verify.

As an aside, in reality the 58 has no hard-deck for launch that you are aware of, no? Had a wee look and could not find any limitation insofar as altitude is concerned.

None that I can remember. You just have to have enough altitude to clear the surface and any obstacles it might encounter as it launches and begins its climb. If there was a minimum for the launch, it shouldn't be as hit or miss as this and the missile should either not launch (which is what I would think) or auto destruct, once clear of the aircraft.

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Replicated and Reported iro Patriot radars. I funnily enough had zero issues with Hawk radars.

Ta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Targeting Cameras overshooting your target?

Slant range is computed by way of know terrain elivation, it tagets the ground along its line of site and ignores objects in its path as they are not included in its tarrain data base.

Take a look for a better understanding.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Targeting Cameras overshooting your target?

This is the Kh-58 we're talking about.....:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
Some overshoot or just miss, some don't, some just miss but manage to set fire to the vehicle in doing so. Pretty random. Depends mainly on the direction you launch from since the missile always goes up first, so altitude has little impact in my experience. My guess is that the AI doesn't properly know the shape of the radar vehicle so it just assumes a generic block shape, some of which overlaps the actual vehicle, some of which doesn't.

Is this related to tacview somehow?:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

• 1 month later...

SEAD missiles .

Just did an attack against Sochi Ab ..... fired 6 missiles , 2x58U and 4x58MPU ..... all missed . Plus 1 of the 58U blew up in front of my canopy a split second after launch ..... this happened last night too .

Is there an issue with sead missiles now ..... they were fine in the 1.2.3 !?!?!?

No. They are fine now and They were fine before, but AI SAM's were too dumb for one period of time.

This is better, and more like it. Now they are not sitting pawns, but they shoot down missiles as they were supposed to. As they did in Flaming Cliffs all that time. As they are capable in real life.

Well...that is my opinion from my short experience (from 2011).

And the fact that the 58U blew up in front of you means it was hit/proximity blasted by another missile coming your way. The long-shot possibility is that the target was lost for some reason (someone else destroyed it/it stopped emmiting) and the missile auto-destructed. But it is probably the first thing. Happened a lot to me in A2A and rarely in A2G engagements - but it happens.

IF the case is that SEAD missile auto-destructs when it looses target's emission - then ED should put "minimum distance from firing pod needed to auto-destruct".

That is the only possibility of a bug here from my point of view. I have noticed that SAM's are more capable of turning off/on their search and tracking radars and that can cause missile auto-destruct. Thus - it is VITAL that it has a constrain that forbids the missile to destroy itself near the aircraft that fired it.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah - one more thing:

The aspect of fired missile regarding to target is very important. If you are flying very low and fire a SEAD missile, it has a big chance of hitting the ground near the actual target.

And (UNCONFIRMED) the same aspect is also important for increasing/decreasing the chance of your missile being shot down.

If you fire missile in a very low flight - it will spend the most of the flight in horizontal line or likely with a some ascent before it dives. If you fire it from let's say 5000 meters - it will fly straight somewhat, and in some point it will dive down on a radiation source. Depending on the missile that tries to shoot it down - firing aspect counts for probability of your missile being shot down.

I understand that people don't have much time to fly, but ED shouldn't fall to presumption they have to make "an easy game". This is a simulator. The fact that SAM's couldn't shoot twat in 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 is actual error. Also, the fact that IR SAM's were "The eye of Saruman" in 1.2.3. is also an error.

It is abnormal that you make a sortie with 6 missiles, fire them from more than half their range and have a high kill ratio. As sooner you fire them, SAM's have more time to shoot them down.

THIS is good - how the SAM's act now. 1.2.3. could be called a smaller misstep in the aspect of SAM's, but it is fixed now.

1.2.3. and me taking off from Krasnodar, attacking Novorosiysk and Gelendzik (BUK, TOR, 2c6, multiple IR) and having a success rate with SEAD missiles like: 3 Sorties, 18 missiles, fired, 12-14 kills (and just because I shot 2 at the same target sometimes) is abnormal situation.

This is fine, please, don't deteriorate the SAM's again... :/

Edited by Kameni

Can you confirm that kh25mp are not missing the target always? Hitting the ground behind the target always. I can't make mp his any radar Sam , always miss by excess.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Can you confirm that kh25mp are not missing the target always? Hitting the ground behind the target always. I can't make mp his any radar Sam , always miss by excess.

Not just that I can confirm, but I have made a video to explain what is happening, and it might be a feature, for real. All we need is an expert to confirm it.

Just bare with me, it's Easter here tomorow, I will upload the live in game video during the day with explanation why missiles miss. I must say in bold: This will not be a game-track video because tracks may have errors - i recorded it in-game while playing.