DCS F-35A

Wags

A little OT but The SuperHornet will soon get a nice upgrade with Touch screen cockpit

NICE! I like touch screens. I use one on a machine at my work and if I use it for long enough I start touching my desktop PC when I get back to my desk as if it's going to help.

I've often thought about how great it would be to fly a jet that had a touch screen with an intuitive data flow/operating system. That would be sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed DID's F22 Total Air War and the Enemy Engaged heli series a good few years ago. They may not have had every button press modelled but those 1990s sims had soul, immersion and atmosphere that current sims lack imo.

There's plenty of ground between Hawx and DCS A10.

Now I know why F35 DCS ditail level comes to life

http://news.yahoo.com/theft-f-35-design-data-helping-u-adversaries-184154837.html

Yahoo news

thats why kick starter is for ??

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Ditto, but damn I really want to play with this cockpit:

21-WYSSandWILNER-image4b-F-35Cockpit(to-zoom-in-to-focus-on-front-display-to-top-of-panel).jpg

No backup avionics?:unsure:

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

No backup avionics?:unsure:

As I understand it, it has triple redundant systems and all systems can be accessed using the same data screens..

But if you mean are there any steam type gauges, nope...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

As I understand it, it has triple redundant systems and all systems can be accessed using the same data screens...

Wonder what an EMP will do, or does that reside squarely within the realms of fiction?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Wonder what an EMP will do, or does that reside squarely within the realms of fiction?

EMP is definitely NOT fiction and as a matter of fact it is one of the standard first shots in more than one World War scenario... Set off a nuclear explosion in the atmosphere causing massive EMP, frying all electronics on a continent size area... Not just a Hollywood fantasy..

And to answer your question, if it DID fry the electronics on the F35 obviously it would be toast.. I have a friend that works on electronic hardening of rockets and such so I know that there are methods to shield equipment from EMPs, but I have no idea how effective these techniques are in regards to a fighter plane such as the F35..

RAMBO

And to answer your question, if it DID fry the electronics on the F35 obviously it would be toast.. I have a friend that works on electronic hardening of rockets and such so I know that there are methods to shield equipment from EMPs, but I have no idea how effective these techniques are in regards to a fighter plane such as the F35..

The thing is definately shielded to some degree, whether it would survive a tactical nuke scale EMP i cannot say, but it certainly won't be easy to fry it.

Basically nowadays any safety critical circuitry has to be compliance tested for electromagnetic interference. The automotive control units we program at work need excessive shielding in some areas to even be able to function in a normal environment. Some of the sensors are extremely susceptible to interference.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

There's no amount of crow that will fill the void...

The idea behind the paid membership was "inside" access to the development of FO and to the team, which is what was available.

At no time did they say donate money to develop the sim, oh and here are a couple of screenshots - wait let's close our doors as you are eluding to in your post. That would be fleecing.

To quote a post I made on the FO forum not long before abandoning all hope (there are others, but this is the crux):

It's been HALF A YEAR since a dev diary has been produced. Has nothing worthy of note happened in that time?

What's the point of this post? It's a shame that I was burnt by FO, because I would be far more inclined to pro-actively contribute to the success of F35 if not for this. Once bitten twice shy.

Also, we were supposed to get a release discount as members of "Area 51". If I ever DO get to cash that in I will be happy in a great many ways, and FO will have truly redeemed itself... albeit approaching (exceeding?) a decade later...

As it stands, I can happily sit back and bank on this project at least making it to fruition, if only through the proxy reputation of ED.

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

What's the point of this post? It's a shame that I was burnt by FO, because I would be far more inclined to pro-actively contribute to the success of F35 if not for this. Once bitten twice shy.
How were you burnt? Did you subscribe to Area51 and were you never able to access it?

Also, we were supposed to get a release discount as members of "Area 51". If I ever DO get to cash that in I will be happy in a great many ways, and FO will have truly redeemed itself... albeit approaching (exceeding?) a decade later....
That still stands as of the latest info received from the FO Devs.

What was the point of your post?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Beta in april, but allready the kickstarter is postponed a week.. ah well.

Since I am from a country that will buy 50+ f-35s you can just turn to LM for kickstarter money from me since I gladly pay my taxes.

I dont buy pokemons, but I will throw money in your direction.

Good luck!

How were you burnt? Did you subscribe to Area51 and were you never able to access it?

That still stands as of the latest info received from the FO Devs.

What was the point of your post?

So when is it coming out?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

So when is it coming out?

So what exactly does this have to do with the F35 module? Has this gentleman a reputation for scamming? No, so the fact that you may have had (in your mind) a less than excellent experience with crowd sourcing in no way has any relevance to Kinneyinteractive or any modules that they may produce..

How about everyone get back on track and let's talk about the F35 module in this thread... :thumbup:

• Like 1

RAMBO

So what exactly does this have to do with the F35 module? Has this gentleman a reputation for scamming? No, so the fact that you may have had (in your mind) a less than excellent experience with crowd sourcing in no way has any relevance to Kinneyinteractive or any modules that they may produce..

How about everyone get back on track and let's talk about the F35 module in this thread... :thumbup:

I'm stoked about it. I know it's a bloated program in real life but that's no reason for me not to enjoy it. Ever since I first saw the pictures of the F-35 I've loved it. I'm an old F-16 fan and even though the F-22 is a sexy beast, something about the F-35 really appeals to me.

So anyway, I can't wait to see more on this and this is the first proposed module that I've been ready to fork over money for TODAY. I was talked into A-10C by a friend and I love it, but I wasn't going to buy it without some provocation. THIS I'll buy.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]