DCS F-35A

Wags

Playing devils advocate here but...

It does occur to me that if the minimum contribution is $1.00, and all contributors will be 'founders', then he could actually do quite well with this.

How many people would chip in a buck just for the updates?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who participates in the kickstarter project. That would be my understanding. How do you come to assume, that this would need some sort of extra invest?

By other members in this thread. They assume they won't be able to afford it, yet I haven't heard any official price. Hence, my confusion.

Hello eagle13 and welcome to the ED Forums.

I´ve just been on your website and I´ve got to say that I am pretty much impressed. I really wish you and your team all the best of luck you need to realize your vision and goals and thank you very much for making yourself available here for questions.

Keep on the good work

:thumbup:

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Just so I am clear... that's the argument, right?

Not quite that simple I would have thought. More to the point, it's the absence of information that is currently fuelling the fires of discontent. Contrary to popular opinion, there's absolutely nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, especially when basing conclusions on information provided by the developer to date that is a contradiction in terms, citing the following statement on the F-35 website:

.....And as you can see below the design team has a lot of information available.....

which incidentally only refers to a variety of YouTube videos and which statement is further contradicted in a Youtube video which stipulates that -

"DISPLAYED FORMATS ARE A SIMULATION AND NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF F-35 SYMBOLOGY"

You see where people can be a wee bit circumspect, refusing to blindly accept the current 'writing-on-the-wall'?

Please don't misunderstand me - at this stage I'm neither here nor there personally and eagerly awaiting clarification by the Devs which incidentally has been requested in this very thread on more than one occasion but for which the answers have yet to be forthcoming, one example being the following:

KI, what are the main obstacles your team has to overcome in terms of aircraft avionics and systems with respect to your new simulation platform?

Until these questions/uncertanties are addressed, people WILL be skeptical - it's human nature.

Understanding that, in the absence of the 'full picture', that skepticism is just as normal as unconditional support, would lead to far more tolerance between posters in this thread. Let's all make a concerted effort to understand each other's POV at this stage, at the very least until the kickstarter campaign which I hope will shed ALL the light on the matter and not leave us guessing.

Oh yeah, the Area51-esque idea.......Must admit, a really bad idea.

Edited by 159th_Viper
Typo
  • Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Don't know how others have done things, but just as with any Kickstarter program, Founders contributions start at $10.00 and goes up a bit from there depending on rewards or preorder options- Just want us all to be on the same team. There was a time when I had the privilege of leading 102 Motivated Marines. Nothing better than a great group of guys all pulling for the same goal - one passion - one vision. I'm out till the press release on the day we go live - we have a lot of work to do. All will be made clear in the Kickstarter package my friends. In the mean time, all my very best to ALL. Eagle

Oh, the start is shifted to the 06/28/2013..... any reason?

See post #547.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

which incidentally only refers to a variety of YouTube videos and which statement is further contradicted in a Youtube video which stipulates that -

Can you point me to that video? I tried to check all clips on their site and found nothing yet.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

Don't know how others have done things, but just as with any Kickstarter program, Founders contributions start at $10.00 and goes up a bit from there depending on rewards or preorder options- Just want us all to be on the same team. There was a time when I had the privilege of leading 102 Motivated Marines. Nothing better than a great group of guys all pulling for the same goal - one passion - one vision. I'm out till the press release on the day we go live - we have a lot of work to do. All will be made clear in the Kickstarter package my friends. In the mean time, all my very best to ALL. Eagle

Thanks for the clarification. I'll patiently wait. :smilewink:

Can you point me to that video? I tried to check all clips on their site and found nothing yet.

XlUKOLd.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

XlUKOLd.png

Thanks, now I found it.

The video is from VSI who actually produce HMD for F-35, so I guess that as good as it get for the time being. It is acceptable for me, but different people have different tolerant for realism. My favourite flight sim is F-22 TAW, so I am really eager with KI's project.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

I'm a little bit concerned about the development of the DCS Series. Black Shark and Warthog were (correct me if I am wrong) very accurate simulations with many systems modeled like the real systems.

Then FC3 and CA came, bringing more or less a more game style to the sim. The systems are not very accurately modeled.

Now the third party developers can add whatever they want. The F-35 is a next generation jet, with (again correct me if I am wrong) nearly all systems classified. How can that become a DCS simulation on the same level like the A-10 or the Shark? Now it's up to the customer to decide: "Can this be the level of realism I want to have?"

• Like 1

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Once the kickstarter is done information on the project will only be available to our founders. We want to work with and for those guys that got a dog in the fight - we will build this together...... Once this round of funding is over - we are going into our cave, with our founders, and build the finest fighter in the DCS world.

.....we have a lot of work to do. All will be made clear in the Kickstarter package my friends. In the mean time, all my very best to ALL. Eagle

I don't know why, but the more i read this guy, the more i think to FO project.:music_whistling:

F-35, seriously

• Like 2

I don't know why, but the more i read this guy, the more i think to FO project.:music_whistling:

F-35, seriously

You couldn't wait NINE DAYS to start bashing him? At least reserve your judgement until the Kick Starter launches. Nobody is being forced to pay anything right now, and so far, there is no proof that KI has done anything to slander our community.

Now, I'm more or less a trusting guy, but when an ex Marine Corps officer comes out and says that he is going to do something; I am more or less inclined to believe him. If only for that one thing, officers of The United States Marines tend to have a lot of integrity. If this person really did something to offend you, by all means, speak your mind. If, however, this is just another round of baseless accusation, kindly take it elsewhere. We don't need that here.

• Like 1

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I'm a little bit concerned about the development of the DCS Series. Black Shark and Warthog were (correct me if I am wrong) very accurate simulations with many systems modeled like the real systems.

Then FC3 and CA came

One word: money.

Unfortunately this is the modernity of the players today... none is interested to the "simulations", there's zillions of ppl playing Cod, fifa, battlefield.. how you could blame the software house, they go where they smells more money.

You have one option tho: do NOT pay for this products.. in example, do not buy semi-arcade things like FC3 and such.

You couldn't wait NINE DAYS to start bashing him?

I don't bash him

At least reserve your judgement

And it's not a jugdement, it's just an IMPRESSION

You see the diffrence.....

and i don't care care if he an ex Marine Corps officer.

Then FC3 and CA came, bringing more or less a more game style to the sim. The systems are not very accurately modeled.

Now the third party developers can add whatever they want. The F-35 is a next generation jet, with (again correct me if I am wrong) nearly all systems classified. How can that become a DCS simulation on the same level like the A-10 or the Shark? Now it's up to the customer to decide: "Can this be the level of realism I want to have?"

Allow me to correct you then :smartass:

The Flaming Cliffs series has been around for a long time, with Lock On before that, first released in 2003. This was the standard for many, many years.

This perceived devolution you're alluding to is just not happening.

Combined arms is the first product of it's type, and naturally the starting point, as with Lock On, is a more basic one.

There are plenty of modules of hi-fidelity coming out, and that have already come out, such as the P-51 and the UH-1. Further on the horizon are the F/A-18 from ED, plus many third party Modules in development. If the F-35A lives up to the promises made, it will be far above the standards of any FC3 aircraft, and much closer to something like the A-10C or BS, even with the given external limitations.

So this picture you're painting of things getting dumb and dumber is just plain wrong.

If anything, things are getting more complex, with somewhat easier modules being maintained to leave something for entry level simmers.

Edited by Boris
  • Like 2

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Question for k.I, Are you planning to only do the F-35 module or will you also do missions, campaigns, training missions etc?

You couldn't wait NINE DAYS to start bashing him? At least reserve your judgement until the Kick Starter launches. Nobody is being forced to pay anything right now, and so far, there is no proof that KI has done anything to slander our community.

Now, I'm more or less a trusting guy, but when an ex Marine Corps officer comes out and says that he is going to do something; I am more or less inclined to believe him. If only for that one thing, officers of The United States Marines tend to have a lot of integrity. If this person really did something to offend you, by all means, speak your mind. If, however, this is just another round of baseless accusation, kindly take it elsewhere. We don't need that here.

Have you seen the Kickstarter for Fighter Ops? With relevance to your argument that officers of the US military should a priori be trustworthy...

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Allow me to correct you then :smartass:

The Flaming Cliffs series has been around for a long time, with Lock On before that, first released in 2003. This was the standard for many, many years.

This perceived devolution you're alluding to is just not happening.

Combined arms is the first product of it's type, and naturally the starting point, as with Lock On, is a more basic one.

There are plenty of modules of hi-fidelity coming out, and that have already come out, such as the P-51 and the UH-1. Further on the horizon are the F/A-18 from ED, plus many third party Modules in development. If the F-35A lives up to the promises made, it will be far above the standards of any FC3 aircraft, and much closer to something like the A-10C or BS, even with the given external limitations.

So this picture you're painting of things getting dumb and dumber is just plain wrong.

If anything, things are getting more complex, with somewhat easier modules being maintained to leave something for entry level simmers.

I agree. And with respect to "what you need" from DCS World...it is not based on the average realism of the whole thing. You will not be affected by FC if you do not play it.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Have you seen the Kickstarter for Fighter Ops? With relevance to your argument that officers of the US military should a priori be trustworthy...

Yes, I do believe that officers of the armed forces should be trustworthy. By putting on the uniform, they are representing their country, its traditions, and its honor. As with any other career path though, you have the bad eggs; the ones who just don't seem to care, or worse yet, choose to abuse their status. I'm going to put this out there, but the majority of officers are not like this. It takes a certain kind of man to lead marines. A worldly, deeply rooted man, who can deal with the intermeshing of tradition and operational reality. Anything less and he is ostracized by his men. Anything more and he would be a General.

Even if that weren't the case, if FO hadn't ever existed, would you even have ground to suspect at all?

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

This thread actually makes me smile.

So many people want 100% full realism planes and then they cant plan a mission, calculate t/o or landing speed/weight, or respect the simplest VFR if their lives depended on that.

I'm deadly serious.

My work expertise shows me what a pilot train him/herself for. The best part of users are just gamers, in the end...

Most of these kids screaming for realism are not able to read an AIP, much less follow it, or even know just the correct importance instruments have...

I wonder how many of the owners of the A10C module can actually fly it like it deserves.

Which doesn't mean being able to fire 6 mavericks in a row.

Real pilots don't even fly with such a payload.

What people don't realize is the need to study- in study sims.

So, yes, everyone can have doubt about how realistic any module can be, I have doubt most of the user deserves what they have.

• Like 4

I don't bash him

And it's not a jugdement, it's just an IMPRESSION

You see the diffrence.....

and i don't care care if he an ex Marine Corps officer.

You better read what the mod said as that type of talk wont be tolerated on this forum

Personal attacks.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1789584&postcount=404

Edited by TimeKilla
Link to moderators post.
  • Like 1

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

This thread actually makes me smile.

So many people want 100% full realism planes and then they cant plan a mission, calculate t/o or landing speed/weight, or respect the simplest VFR if their lives depended on that.

I'm deadly serious.

My work expertise shows me what a pilot train him/herself for. The best part of users are just gamers, in the end...

Most of these kids screaming for realism are not able to read an AIP, much less follow it, or even know just the correct importance instruments have...

I wonder how many of the owners of the A10C module can actually fly it like it deserves.

Which doesn't mean being able to fire 6 mavericks in a row.

Real pilots don't even fly with such a payload.

What people don't realize is the need to study- in study sims.

So, yes, everyone can have doubt about how realistic any module can be, I have doubt most of the user deserves what they have.

+1 on this quote

When i first got a10 I thought wow and trying to learn every button and what not

Sat on the runway for 10-15 mins trying to work out stuff

Now I want fun I wanna load the game up and start flying blow stuff up land close by none of this flying for 30mins back to base