DCS World environmental shaders mod

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here a sample video.
Tone difference between shadow and the bottom of cloud seems weird to me, though...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thank you Gozr and Morpheus!

that is the what i want from clouds, now shadows have more realistic look if you compare with default!

while flying under clouds, cockpit and aircraft looks darker as is has to be.

without your mod, clouds are too sunlight permeable and that is not happening on real life.

thank you for adding this new dimension.

and that cloud effects is one of my wishes on future

• 1 month later...

Which is the best mod for sky / clouds, for DCS 1.5 and DCS 2.0 ?

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Full mod isn't compatible in 1.5.2, what we share is just one file modified and it works whith DCS 1.5 and 2.0 . I just found original shadows too light.

so you confirm that the only part of this mod that i can use is the shadow for clouds ?? (the link cloud shadow.rar you posted earlier)

thanks compatriote.

I5-8600k @4.2 (for now), GTX2080 Aorus watercooled , 32 GB DDR4, MSI Z370 Pro Carbon, SSD 500GB + 960GB + 480GB +nvme, Oculus Rift S + Hp reverb pro, warthog + TRFP

Full home made wall PC Case Dark Side Of The Wall

:pilotfly:

Yes it's a single mod I use it every day I fly You can find it on User Files https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1710714/ It is JSGME Ready. Just extract it and copy/paste "Cloud Shadow" in your "_Mod" directory (for JSGME). If you install it manually copy/paste "cldshad.fx" of the mod in .....Bazar\shaders\clouds, save your original file (the one in the mod is maybe outdated) :thumbup:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG