DCS World environmental shaders mod

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phenomenal! mustang, maybe you are able to put together some stuff and create an (one) all inclusive sky/cloud/hdr/high_visibility/better_looking_horizon etc. mod for dcs:world?

just some idea. . . thank you for your great additions!

I've gone partially that way with the v3.00 as mentioned in the first post, sky, horizon and hdr edits are all included.

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1

I need a bit of feedback from you guys using this, how are you liking the render time periods for the cirrus? are they too much? it might be nicer to have clear blue skies sometimes, what do you think? I can revert them to default values easily.

Edited by Mustang

Just started mucking around with dynamic weather- albeit very cautiously.

I can't wait to give this a run!

I'm going to assume that like everything else it's client side- so if the server has it loaded it's not going to do anything for anyone else.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

With this mod version (3.0) i can´t see high altitude cirrus any longer.

No matter the time, weather or season.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

With this mod version (3.0) i can´t see high altitude cirrus any longer.

No matter the time, weather or season.

When you fly a mission it somestimes starts with no cirrus clouds, just give it a few more minutes and they'll come.

I might upload another version soon, one that has less aggressive render times for the cirrus - this may solve the problem you're seeing.

P.S and I might also add another feature to the mod, a larger sized moon :)

GWj67n8.jpg

Edited by Mustang

It´s not a problem for me at all ¡¡

I love this mod it´s great, so if i need to wait a little to see cirrus, it worth that wait.

Thanks for your great work Mustang

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks for your mods. Is there a more subtle version for the clouds? This pic is from v3.01.

I'm not sure it's only here on my pc. I can edit with notepad++ (so no need to update first post)

Sure, you can edit the cloud luminance values in cldDraw.fx line 420:

float3 finclr=((t1*pix_const6+r0))*(0.10+0.8*grad)*cldclr;

the part in bold are the values you want to adjust, raise and lower these values to adjust lighting.

edit: if you discover a good set of parameters don't forget to post them up on here for us to try :)

Edited by Mustang

Thanks mustang. It does help a bit for me so far. I'll keep fooling around as well. Also I encountered, an error, a long diagonal line(tube) in one of the clouds, wondering where that comes from. Maybe a nice feature too, is that you can fly through tunnels in the clouds.

Thanks mustang. It does help a bit for me so far. I'll keep fooling around as well. Also I encountered, an error, a long diagonal line(tube) in one of the clouds, wondering where that comes from. Maybe a nice feature too, is that you can fly through tunnels in the clouds.

You can play around with the density/structure of the clouds by adjusting values on line 433:

Out.cOut.w=min(t2.w*t3.w*1.5,1);

again, raising or lowering the highlighted value can produce different results.

Thanks for this Mustang, it looks great.

I note however that it conflicts with PeterP's "HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for DCS WORLD" which fixes the annoying flashing white squares with my ATI HD6950, so I have to use that.

It seems it's just the hdr.fx file that both mods alter (as does your Sky and Terrain mod) so perhaps you could co-ordinate with PeterP and see if it's possible to make it so that we can use both mods together?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen