Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if any of the 3rd party devs aside from Belsimtek would actually release something....before biting off more..VEAO has 2 in the works nothing delivered and now another 4 planned..Razbam has 5 in the works and nothing working..RRG has 6 in the works and maybe an alpha sometime this year..Coretex has one and not even close to an alpha..I'm waiting for someone to step in and say "they are waiting for EDGE" then why is Leatherneck planning on releasing with 1.2.8 and EDGE isn't releasing until 1.3.0... Anybody? I want to hear what the 3rd party devs have to say.. Not some Joe Blow from I don't care where

• Like 1
It would be nice if any of the 3rd party devs aside from Belsimtek would actually release something....before biting off more..VEAO has 2 in the works nothing delivered and now another 4 planned..Razbam has 5 in the works and nothing working..RRG has 6 in the works and maybe an alpha sometime this year..Coretex has one and not even close to an alpha..I'm waiting for someone to step in and say "they are waiting for EDGE" then why is Leatherneck planning on releasing with 1.2.8 and EDGE isn't releasing until 1.3.0... Anybody? I want to hear what the 3rd party devs have to say.. Not some Joe Blow from I don't care where

Where was it ever said LN was waiting for Edge?....

Because NDA, that's why.

This^

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Happy to answer this one Sith, everyone has their opinion and I respect that, but with some limits as we can't talk about some things due to the NDA.

As for biting off more than we can chew, if you had read back through the posts you would see that we have multiple teams, 7 people in each, working on the different aircraft; Hawk, Typhoon and Warbirds. So I guess the only one that's really "biting off more than I can chew" is me coordinating all of the teams and trust me, I can handle it ;)

So as a business does it make sense to work on one aircraft, wait until we release it before working on the next one? Of course not. Or you'd get a module every two years and we'd be out of business.

No one is waiting for Edge, both Leatherneck and us have said we will release in 1.2.8. So not sure where you get your info from?.

Is 1.2.8. publically released to the masses yet? No, it's still in Beta.

When it's released we'll be ready.

For us at least we still have the issue with BAE licensing which my lawyers are all over (I'm dredding the bill!!).

Once those two hoops are out of the way then we can release the Hawk module, as been said many times in our dev diary thread.

As for competition, well I don't see it like that. RRG are working on similar planes, yes, but their theatre of operations is different to ours.

Do we have a map area in mind, yes. We will develop that map area, yes. Are we ready to say where it is, no not yet.

Do we need Edge SDK to build that map, yes. Do you need 1.3.0 to fly in it, yes.

Will we have it ready for 1.3.0, I doubt it very much.

Hope that clarifies some things for you.

Thanks,

C.

Edited by Ells228

I actualy quite like the Buchon, too much exposure to the BoB movie from a young age methinks!

;)

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

I actualy quite like the Buchon, too much exposure to the BoB movie from a young age methinks!

;)

Thanks, me too!

Not every aircraft will be to everyones taste but I am sure that when people see the detail and dedication that goes into it they will love it as much as all the other warbirds :)

Pman

You wont catch me bitching about anything from around that time, no the Buchon isnt the top of my list, but it being created with the quality of the Hawk, well sign this fan boy up ;)

Thanks for the support.

Funny, I was just exchanging messages with Ells about other options going forwards and I've already had to tell him I've a list of 10 aircraft...

Im still waiting for him to recover from his faint...

haha

Pman

I hope you guys add the F4u to your list.

With that one planned that's every single Western Allied and German aircraft of the war planned for DCS across all developers.

With that I would love someone to get to work on a Russian fighter of some type. Ideally the YaK-3.

Probably it's hard to get the references you need for one of those although Lavochkin do continue to make reproductions from original blueprints as far as I know.

I hope you guys add the F4u to your list.

With that one planned that's every single Western Allied and German aircraft of the war planned for DCS across all developers.

With that I would love someone to get to work on a Russian fighter of some type. Ideally the YaK-3.

Probably it's hard to get the references you need for one of those although Lavochkin do continue to make reproductions from original blueprints as far as I know.

The biggest issue we have is access to Russian aircraft, there are very few examples flying in the UK and none that we have direct access to at the moment.

So although I'm not going to rule them out entirely it's not likely we will do Russian stuff anytime soon.

Pman

Faint...I just picked myself up off of the floor...whoooaaahhh there horsey ;)

Hmm seems we're dropping the "European" bit from our name then Pete?

Next project for you to manage Peter....

STSCPanel.jpg

Np,

I'll leave you to get me access and a ride along with this one...

:p

Pete

Np,

I'll leave you to get me access and a ride along with this one...

:p

Pete

There is that dual seat problem again. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: