How to Kill the Dora Tutorial Video

USARStarkey

I have a problem with this.... if I use max throttle for more than about 20 seconds the engine dies. I couldn't see exactly in your video but what power settings and prop pitch should I use?

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Under normal conditions your engine shouldn't die so fast. Make sure you've not engaged WEP (war emergency power) or Fuel Mixture: Emergency.

Make sure your radiators, coolant and oil are not closed. They should be set to auto or open (try opening them all the time because atm your engine properly wouldn't die because of it be cooled to much^^)

Watch your cooland and oil temps, they should be just a little bit above the green area if your doing a hard fight with full power. Make sure in climbs where you actually stall and in dives where you are very fast you don't have the MP to fully forward, if so you can hear the engine crying and see the temps rising.

But as said normally if prop and MP are fully forward and you have an eye on not overdoing it there shouldn't be a proplem (surely not after 20seconds).

Be aware that your engine goes out of fuel if flying inverted for longer than 10 seconds.

If you can provide a track we'll surely find the problem :)

I think he kept his rpm pecked at 3000 and manifold pressure at 60psi? I think the reason his engine didn't cough blood was he let it idle when diving. I'm no expert, of course.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I am at max power and RPM the entire time. Every so often(I think in the video I do it once) I shift the throttle to zero when I start going less thant 70mph at the apex of the climb since the engine wont get any airflow. I only do this however when the heat is really high over the red line. Just make sure you watch your heat. The RPM's I leave at 3000 and dont change for the duration of combat, although I to bring them down to about 2700 between fights if I dont need the power to climb. Also, you can watch my video in 1080p and full screen where you can see all my settings etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

Thanks for the vid USARStarkey, been flying the P-51 for about 6 months on and off now so getting better. :smartass: The manin thing that drives me nuts is the 190's damage model.

Sceptre the key thing is to make sure you have both Radiators full open to manage engine temps at higher RPM, it's also nworth noting that the faster you are the better the cooling the engine receives.

As USARStarkey demonstrates in his video it's more about manifold control in the dive than just leaving it in 1 position during a fight.

Nice vid however will this work on a human player and when it's more than a 1v1, probably not ;)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I have to agree with Krupi here.

Yes this works on a human player..........physics didn't change. This is the primary tactic I use in the multi-player server after the merge. Works like a charm every time just about. Only time if fails is when I screw up my zoom. Obviously you dont do when he is right on your tail, as he will cut off your turn and get you while your stalling. You do this after a merge so that is enough separation that he cant do that.

Of course, you could always take me on and find out :P

Edited by USARStarkey

Hmm, clearly not a very good human player... one that doesn't know when he is at a disadvantage.

This tactic works in boom and zoomers against any aircraft that has less E than yourself as long the enemy pilot engages and keeps on trying he will be downed.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Nope. Works with Co-E as well. 51 v 51 you have to manage your climb better, but vs the Dora you have a better zoom so you get above him and that's match. I do this from Co-E more often than not. Don't believe me, then fight me and find out.

Edited by USARStarkey

Exactly this is just basic boom and zoom tactics... Whomever has the height and speed and keeps it wins.

The Dora in real life was faster in a dive than the P-51.

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit

Exactly this is just basic boom and zoom tactics... Whomever has the height and speed and keeps it wins.

The Dora in real life was faster in a dive than the P-51.

- NOPE lol. Dora does not have better dive, its close, but not better.

So by "exactly" your admitting this works? Also you haven't accepted my challenge, perhaps it is because you don't actually own P-51 and are making comments regarding something you haven't played based on other "sims"

From the pilot accounts I have read they were able to pull away from p-51s in a dive.

Righhht... Okay dude we will just have to wait and see I try and fly in the dogs of war server when I can.

To sum up, does boom and zoom work... Yes of course it does but only under certain circumstances and if you are lucky enough to get a good hit on the first pass.

Project IX Cockpit

Challenge Accepted. Also this isn't boom and zoom. I started this from Co-E and Co-alt.

Nothing out dives a 51 starting at co-alt and co-e. A Dora is close, so if it had more speed at the start it might get away. The 51 and Doras dive are close enough that you wont see a huge difference except after an extended dive.