Loading A-10C Skins

Weegie

I've searched on this but I'm still having trouble, got some answers but still cannot successfully install A-10 skins :helpsmilie:

Trying to install A-10C skins it looks like you need to put the lua in the Bazar/Liveries/A-10C folder and the .dds files in Bazar\World\Textures\A10.zip file if I'm not mistaken.

Given that all the other aircraft I've got I can make JSGME configs for multiple skins and each skin installs within its own folder including the description.lua. I was wondering if there is a folder or method where I can do something similar for the A-10C

Or is it just simply a case that I would need to install the .dds files as I've described above because that sure looks really messy

Why use JSGME for skins?

ED have supplied a much more convenient place for custom skins (you might need to make the folders):

C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\A-10C\

Put them in the above dir and they won't get touched by the DCS Updater/Repair tool either :)

But yes, everything (the lua and dds) go into the relative subfolder, eg liveries\a-10c\skin1

Edited by Buzzles

Thanks for the replies guys. When I tired putting the files, both .dds & .lua into the Bazar/Liveries/A10C folder nothing happened. Even when I edited the .lua to false.

I noticed the supplied skins only have the .lua files in the folders in there and all the skins are in Bazar\World\Textures\A10.zip

I'll try again and also try the local Saved Games folder, that does look a lot better than JGSME thanks for the tip.

I'll be back

Thanks for the replies guys. When I tired putting the files, both .dds & .lua into the Bazar/Liveries/A10C folder nothing happened. Even when I edited the .lua to false.

They *must* be put into sub folders for them to work. So it'll be:

• ...\liveries\A-10C\Skin1
    • description.lua
    • skin1.dds
    • etc...

[*] liveries\A-10C\Skin2

• description.lua
    • skin2.dds
    • etc...

[*] liveries\A-10C\Skin3

Buzzles thanks for the explanation I was doing this (honest) but I have no clue how I screwed up.

When I repeated the exercise both ways pointed up work great. Possibly something was screwed that a re-boot fixed.

Anyway all good now.

To answer why I use JSGME?

I have the skins bundled by country for the aircraft that I have a lot of skins for.

I have a large D drive but an SSD for C so I try to keep it C as light as possible. As far as I'm aware you cannot move "Saved Games" elsewhere.

However for aircraft I only have a few skins for I drop them into the "Saved Games/DCS/Liveries/Aircraft type/ folders and it all works a treat

Many Thanks for all the replies

• 7 months later...

Thanks, stuck on registration (says my username is already in, but then it doesn't recognise my mail address for "Forgotten password"). Webmaster contacted, will see...

Edited by Razor18
typo

Thanks Guys,

I think I should rephrase my question: I don't want to modify any existing skin, I just want to fly stock flight training missions rather with oliv army skin, not the red-white one that is used now in default training missions. So I would like to know if and how can I swap or exchange red-white skin to olive drab.

Thanks, sorry for any misleading.