No Radio

SpeedStick

Heya. Didn't know if I should put this here or in the bugs forum.

Anyway I stopped hearing responses from atc and tankers some weeks ago but didn't think much about it since it happens all the time in multiplayer. However this time it doesn't appear to dissapear. I don't get any response from ATC, Tankers, Wings ect. ect.

I do get the Arrival message up in the left corner when contacting ATC, and wingman appears to follow orders, but tankers don't responds or connect. But no response from anyone.

I have deactivated all mods and tried to check files but nothing works.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Sorry forgot to mention that. Realistic of course. I've tried to switch to see if there is any difference but there isen't.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Verify the Freq?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SysSpecs:

Display= 4K 55" UHD JU6700 Series Curved Samsung

Processor= Intel64 i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

RAM= 16 GB Ripjaws 4 series DDR4 2400 MHz

GPU= NVIDIA GeForce MSI GTX 980 OCV1 1152MHz Core 4GB GDDR5 Memory

Storage= 128GB Apotop S3C SSD

Storage= 2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 HDD

OS= Win 10

Peripheral= TrackIR5 w/ TrackClip PRO

Controller= Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™ USAF Replica :joystick:

Verify the Freq?

Well yeah, of course. Since my wingman mostly follows the commands and I can see the ATC line in the top left. It's just that I don't get any responses in form of audio from any where. Awacs doesn't respond, wingsman doesnt respond (altough seem to follow orders), atc doesnt respond (altough I get the text when I call inbound).

In my experience there are 2 things to do first if any issues come up.

1. Disable mods and do a DCS repair. If that doesn't fix things then,

2. Go to your saved games folder and rename DCS to DCS1. Start a mission and see if that fixes things. If you are only having this issue in MP then try a MP mission for testing. If that solves the problem then you can copy and paste your view,options and keyboard files from the DCS1 folder into the new DCS folder if needed.

Edited by Blooze
  • Like 2

In my experience there are 2 things to do first if any issues come up.

1. Disable mods and do a DCS repair. If that doesn't fix things then,

2. Go to your saved games folder and rename DCS to DCS1. Start a mission and see if that fixes things. If you are only having this issue in MP then try a MP mission for testing. If that solves the problem then you can copy and paste your view,options and keyboard files from the DCS1 folder into the new DCS folder if needed.

Thank you everyone for replying, but escpecially thank you Blooze. Renaming the DCS folder in my documents worked, and seemed to fix a lot of other small things. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick addendum: I just had the same problem. Turns out as long as Aries is connected to DCS (without Teamspeak running, at least), AI comms are pretty much suppressed.

So, note to self: Add "Disconnect Aries from DCS" to SP-preflight-checklist. :)

On a side note, Blooze's suggestions were spot on and helped me solve this thing in a couple of minutes, thx a lot! :thumbup:

Quick addendum: I just had the same problem. Turns out as long as Aries is connected to DCS (without Teamspeak running, at least), AI comms are pretty much suppressed.

So, note to self: Add "Disconnect Aries from DCS" to SP-preflight-checklist. :)

On a side note, Blooze's suggestions were spot on and helped me solve this thing in a couple of minutes, thx a lot! :thumbup:

That's not true, did you check the aries plugin window, if the sliders are all the way to the left the sim volume is all the way down you just have to turn it up to hear it.

That's not true, did you check the aries plugin window, if the sliders are all the way to the left the sim volume is all the way down you just have to turn it up to hear it.

Huh, good point.

I'd moved the Aries overlay to the second screen, which is usually off when I fly SP, so I didn't see the overlay - and that all the volume sliders were all the way down. Adjusting them solved the problem, even when TS is not running.

So, new note to self: when AI is mute, check Aries overlay. :)

Thx! :thumbup:

Huh, good point.

I'd moved the Aries overlay to the second screen, which is usually off when I fly SP, so I didn't see the overlay - and that all the volume sliders were all the way down. Adjusting them solved the problem, even when TS is not running.

So, new note to self: when AI is mute, check Aries overlay. :)

Thx! :thumbup:

Glad that fixed it for you!