Maverick Location EO Power ON

Kimi_uy

I'm posting this thread cause I finally got the F****** automatic EO power on of the maverick in the "LOC" or location mode working.

It has happened to me dozens of times, where I reach a target area and forgot to power ON the mavericks. Then I realized i could have the automatic power up and tried TIME, which works awesome, so I just calculate the time so it finishes aligning just before reaching the CP (easy to do, TTG to the waypoint, bla bla, you know, math n stuff).

But then! I tried the LOC mode so i selected the CP or a waypoint of choice and input the bearing and range. All those times the waypoint I selected was my destination and it never worked!!! And now, after some trial and error, I finally got it working. This image will explain it perfectly:

p3kfzRj.png

So, remember to select a waypoint as the anchor that is behind you when you reach the desired Power ON location.

This is an informative post, so save the "you should check to power up your mavs manually when doing the FENCE IN" type of comment :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing! I've read about the possibility before - but just registered it and never used it.

Frankly: I switch it on as soon I'm need to wait for something - the CDU alignment or latest during cruising to the target - I rarely run into the situation that the mavs are not ready when needed.

So - is there a reason why I should not switch it on even before Taxiing?

Spec: i7 3.4GHz; 16GB; NVidia GTX 970, 4GB; win10; 24' 1080; TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR5

All those years I just hit EO during cold starts never fully realising this feature or time. Thanks man I will try it out.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 month later...

i didnt understand your explanation :( sorry

both the red and green line point to the same side.

can you clarify pls since im struggling to get this working.

thanks

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Basically once u select your reference waypoint, distance and bearing, for the EO power to turn ON you have to cross the blue line flying in the direction of the green arrow.

In other words, the reference waypoint has to be set behind your aircraft for it to work.

XCVWEBY.png

aaaaaaaaah ahora si, no había entendido eso! gracias chabón, me volví loco haciendo pruebas con esto. Maldito manual :S

Abrazo!

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5