[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

Still waiting for a HASSEL free method of exporting MFD's and gauges in DCS World to a second and third monitor that you do NOT have to go the HELIOS method... I'm talking along the lines of the ease and functionality as the MFD extractor for Falcon BMS 4.32.. Select, Drop ,Drag,click-resize save DONE!!!!! Having the hassel free and reliability and ease of functionality! Having your "Thrustmaster MFDs' mounted to a monitor below the main flying screen with other choice gauges in the "SAME location all the time" GREATLY improves the Sims overall effective for flight immersion factor and overall situational awareness!!!! Your eyes always know where to look for the information you need when you need it!...Don't miss quote me..HELIOS is fine! But what I'm trying to say is that it is very combersome....and somewhat difficult to set up and always needs to be upgraded to work with the next Latest and Greatest "Awsome DCS current" version...Lets get that one on the WISH LIST!

Edited by Mojeaux

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But what I'm trying to say is that it is very combersome....and somewhat difficult to set up and always needs to be upgraded to work with the next Latest and Greatest "Awsome DCS current" version

You do realize that the current/latest version of Helios has not changed in nearly two years! :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You do realize that the current/latest version of Helios has not changed in nearly two years! :)

Thanks..HOWEVER; the tweaks to DCS have been MANY just to keep up Ya Know What I mean!

Edited by Mojeaux

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Has anyone come up with a free fix for exporting MFDs with current version. UltraMFCD cause to much frame rate. I like using Easy monitor config. Is there a set by set way to use EMC??? I have looked over thread for hours. The 302 post I do not understand. Thanks for help.

Machinegun

• 2 months later...
Anyone had success exporting viewports in 1.5 yet?

Yep...

Just add

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("[i]your_viewport_name[/i]")

at the end of the corresponding lua-file (i.e: AN_ALR69V_init.lua).

LSS: IMO nothing has changed.

I'm not entirely sure where all these files are that need that type of editing,, I currently can not get everything exported to Helios myself,,, like MFCD's etc. I know Helios is a bit outdated, but I rely on it, I lust love my touchscreen,, I want it back,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I'm not entirely sure where all these files are that need that type of editing,, I currently can not get everything exported to Helios myself,,, like MFCD's etc. I know Helios is a bit outdated, but I rely on it, I lust love my touchscreen,, I want it back,,,,

Almost same for me. :)

HawgTouch might be an alternative, but I fear the tedious work to set up all that stuff again.

Actually I'm using Loz Profile for the A-10 and Zeens's profile for BS2.

Concerning the A-10 I have now all neccessary viewports available. If it'll help you and other I'll upload my files ready to use with JSGME. (monitor-setup: 2x 1920x1080)

I got my Helios profile to work without having to edit any individual files. I used files from my 1.2 version and copied them to the Beta version. (I know , we are not supposed to be doing this, but how else do we get this stuff to work?)

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup : Custom monitor.lua file and copied over to Beta version

C:\Users\YOUR NAME HERE\Saved Games\DCS\Config : Used files Input,View & Scripts and copied over to Beta version

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_backup.000 : Used Files Mods,Scripts & Config and copied over to Beta version

I also used Peter P's files as I did with the 1.2 version as I believe it is relative, but its been so many years, I forget, any way, Helios is now working fine.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 2 months later...

Now that Im installing a clean version of all to troubleshoot some keybinding issues, its hard to find a single thread that lays out the procedure needed to use Helios with versions 1.5 or 2.0 as far as what files need editing. Things kinda got scrambled along the way with new versions of DCS. Does anyone know where this all might be spelled out in simple form? Thanks,

At work right now. When I have time today or tomorrow, I will zip up all my export files for the Ka-50 and A-10. I also have a batch file for DCS 1.2, 1.5, and 2.0 to copy and past all the files in after an update. I will include my monitor file so you can see the export names.

In closing: Once I get the files uploaded, if you have difficulty send me a PM and we can jump on TS and sort it out.

• Like 1

Good job! I am sure many here will benefit from your effort! :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You da MAN!,,, looking forward to it,,,,,,,

Almost same for me. :)

HawgTouch might be an alternative, but I fear the tedious work to set up all that stuff again.

Actually I'm using Loz Profile for the A-10 and Zeens's profile for BS2.

Concerning the A-10 I have now all neccessary viewports available. If it'll help you and other I'll upload my files ready to use with JSGME. (monitor-setup: 2x 1920x1080)

RightStuff, I would also like to take a look at those JSGME files if you could provide,, thanks

Okay, here is the zip file with all my export and my batch files. If you want to see the exact file structure look at the batch files through the edit function of the drop down menu. I am including it here in the post. The export file is Capt Zeen's multi-use export. His web page was down earlier. :( It works for me though with no issues. I am also including my monitor config. Look at the file structure, I can't stress that enough. And in closing, backup first. This works in 1.2, 1.5, and 2.0. If you run into problems let me know. Happy flying!!!!!!

@echo off

rem copy c:\games\stuff.txt c:\"Program Files"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\ABRIS_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ABRIS"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Ekran_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\EKRAN\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\PVI_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\PVI"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\SHKVAL_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\SHKVAL"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\UV_26_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\UV_26"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\AN_ALR69V_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\CDU_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\CDU\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\CMSC_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\CMSC\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\CMSP_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\CMSP\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\DIGIT_CLK_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\DigitalClock\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\freq_status_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\UHF_Radio\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\preset_channel_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\UHF_Radio\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\repeater_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\UHF_Radio\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\focus.png c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Effects\PostEffects"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Export Backups\Export.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Export Backups\Export.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Export Backups\Export.lua c:\"Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Ka-50.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\helicopters"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\ViewportHandling.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit"\ /Y

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('ScooternutzTest');

Description = 'ScooterHelios'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

aspect = 1.7;

}

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3428;

y = 51;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1928;

y = 42;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL =

{

x = 3336;

y = 451;

width = 40;

height = 40;

}

UHF_FREQUENCY_STATUS =

{

x = 5000;

y = 723;

width = 99;

height = 19;

}

UHF_REPEATER =

{

x = 2604;

y = 722;

width = 85;

height = 23;

}

DIGIT_CLK =

{

x = 2445;

y = 835;

width = 101;

height = 104;

}

CMSP_SCREEN =

{

x = 2621;

y = 795;

width = 327;

height = 63;

}

CMSC_SCREEN =

{

x = 2767;

y = 149;

width = 238;

height = 53;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 2439;

y = 118;

width = 257;

height = 251;

}

CDU =

{

x = 2724;

y = 289;

width = 326;

height = 224;

}

Shkval =

{

x = 1928;

y = 42;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 3428;

y = 51;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

PVI_SCREEN =

{

x = 1930;

y = 672;

width = 239;

height = 119;

}

UV26 =

{

x = 3674;

y = 663;

width = 141;

height = 43;

}

Gui =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

KNEEBOARD =

{

x = 1920;

y = 46;

width = 423;

height = 414;

}

UH_1H_cargocam =

{

x = 1928;

y = 42;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

UIMainView = Gui

export_display.zip

ok,,, I'm going in,,, thanks,,,, when I come up for air, I may have some questions :]

ok, I feel like a dummy already. I got a handle on the monitor config file, I'm familiar with that. What I don't understand for starters is the info in the top spoiler, what am I supposed to do with that? Is that simply a list of all the .lua files I need to open manually and replace with the .lua files in the zip file? (Backing up originals of course 1st)... If that is the case, then all that leaves me with is what to do with the .bat files, I see you have one for each version, but where do they get installed? Thanks,,, this is a bit different then what I remember doing years ago.

Edited by Fakum

All the first spoiler does is show you where the files should go. It was easier than typing it all out. You can also use it to make your own batch to automatically copy and insert the files after an update otherwise you have to copy and paste after every update.

Thanks, that makes sense,, now, what about the batch files,, what do I do with them? (and I have no idea how to make then either, I'm not sure If I need to at this point)

RightStuff, I would also like to take a look at those JSGME files if you could provide,, thanks

Hi buddy,

sure...

Enclosed: my JSGME mod.

I assume you're familar with this tool.

This JSGME-mod contains:

• Multi Monitor-File for A-10C and Ka-50 (other modules included, but untested) to be used with two 1920x1080 monitors
  • export.lua by Cpt. Zeen (D/L from his website)
  • Instrument files with activated exports
  • Modified ViewportHandling.lua: The exported instruments are switched OFF on the main
    screen. Why should they bother us, if we have them external? Furthermore this gives some more FPS.

If you have any questions or issues: pls let me know.

Nevertheless - as always - use this mod at your own risk.

Helios_Exports.zip

Edited by RightStuff
  • Like 1

Thank you, yes, I do use JSGME,,, I find some files a bit difficult at time,,, anyway, I will see what you have in the package and see if it seems like a straight forward install,,, thanks

Hi buddy,

sure...

This JSGME-mod contains:

• Multi Monitor-File for A-10C and Ka-50 (other modules included, but untested) to be used with two 1920x1080 monitors
  • Modified ViewportHandling.lua: The exported instruments are switched OFF on the main
    screen. Why should they bother us, if we have them external? Furthermore this gives some more FPS.

Thanks for this,, I am making progress but have a few notes:

Your monitor config.lua, Under the A-10 exports, I do NOT see A10C_CDU? I do however see:

FUEL_SCREEN = {

x = 1920+100;

y = 500;

width = 100;

height = 100;

I do not know what that is for and it is NOT in my current monitor.lua for Cap Loz Profile?

In the KA-50 Exports, I do not see the KA50_CautionLights? maybe you don't use that, but I think I can figure out how to implement it. I have only got as far as to edit your provided monitor config.lua to match my X & Y axis and sizes that I need. I have not run it yet.

Your monitor config.lua, Under the A-10 exports, I do NOT see A10C_CDU? I do however see:

FUEL_SCREEN = {

x = 1920+100;

y = 500;

width = 100;

height = 100;

Got me... :music_whistling:

That was a testing entry. Disregard: Can be deleted.

I do not know what that is for and it is NOT in my current monitor.lua for Cap Loz Profile?

Loz' isn't using a 'standalone' CDU. He's making the output on the right MFD and puts the CDU-keyboard etc. as an overlay beneath this MFD.

To activate the CDU you'll have to use the hidden button for it: Press the grey triangle below the right MFD. :thumbup:

Do you know the other hidden buttons for radio, etc.?

There are a lot of them! Pls consult the included readme of Loz' profile.

In the KA-50 Exports, I do not see the KA50_CautionLights? maybe you don't use that, but I think I can figure out how to implement it. I have only got as far as to edit your provided monitor config.lua to match my X & Y axis and sizes that I need. I have not run it yet.

Hm... The caution lights are right in the center and displayed by Helios and not as a viewport. Or do you mean other ones?

hmmm,, my monitorconfig lua has the A-10c CDU in it along with the KA-50 caution light. But I do understand what you are saying, so I probably dont need them in there,, its been so many years, I dont know why I have it in there? Anyway, yes, I know about all the hiden buttons in Cap Loz A-10C profile, I have been using it for many years. thanks for the feedback,,,

Hi buddy,

sure...

This JSGME-mod contains:

Thank you for uploading these! :thumbup:

I have been wrestling with why the reconfigure_for_unit(unit_type) function no longer seemed to work. After Fakum pointed me to this thread I finally saw that it worked, but it was just that all my old _init.lua files no longer reported the aircraft names correctly.

What is MFCDx? It is in the 'A-10C - Instrument Export mod'. Just a leftover test? Should be deleted?

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download