DCS WWII: Europe 1944

In other words: don't just believe what random people say. Do the maths.

(And since I said that, someone will probably find some embarrasing mistake somewhere in my own maths... :D )

traveling far ? ;)

i guess you got plenty of time do the maths :D

Many accounts from P-47 pilots that the weight of fire from x8 .50cal hammering a tank would push it off the road and flip it onto its side.

anyway, i dont think too those bullets will flip that tank

maybe an explosion in the tank - but i think it will throw away and flip the turret only

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really should not say at this point.

I understand. We'll have to wait till Sept. then until we can see the grand scheme of things. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thanks for the answer. I understood it wrong I guess, something was lost in translation.

Just awkward wording on my part. When I said "separate branch" I meant that doing WWII and modern air combat is two separate logical entities under one umbrella. Not in how they're sold, but in how everyone sees them. P-51 and A-10 under that awkward wording are two separate branches already.

Ah it's late and I can't express myself clearly anymore.

Hmmm, September 1st 1939 Germany invades Poland?

I'm a 777 fan, ROF is a great product and I'm looking forward to BOS with some anticipation. I see this as good news though, who'd have thought just a few years ago that we'd have this much active flight sim development.

Dying genre my arse :)

• ED Team

Little rusty on the late night forum posting? Well this place can help you out with that :)

Just awkward wording on my part. When I said "separate branch" I meant that doing WWII and modern air combat is two separate logical entities under one umbrella. Not in how they're sold, but in how everyone sees them. P-51 and A-10 under that awkward wording are two separate branches already.

Ah it's late and I can't express myself clearly anymore.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

We're very concerned by the amount of colons in our title, believe me. Tried lots of colon cleansing. Just can't seem to hit the bullseye.

Be forewarned. Unless somebody has an epiphany by Sept 1st, we're going to have a rather awkward name for an awesome game.

:D

Believe me, if it keeps the fidelity set forth by ED and expands at a more rapid pace... you can call it "PAY ME MY MONEY SUCKA" and I will be the first to add the logo to my signature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I'm saying is, five years from now, when the series has grown to include every aircraft known to man, and a random guy goes to the online store and buys Plane X and Plane Y, he won't have to worry about anything, product names, compatibility, nothing. He'll just go online and play with anyone he wishes.

That's extremely positive, I think.

thanks Ilya, ^ that is our main wish too - just go online and play with anyone we wish :thumbup:

sounds like a perfect start :thumbsup:

sign-pic4.jpg

:D

Believe me, if it keeps the fidelity set forth by ED and expands at a more rapid pace... you can call it "PAY ME MY MONEY SUCKA" and I will be the first to add the logo to my signature.

DCS: bunch o' props

September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

We (I)'ll be :thumbup:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Hmmm, September 1st 1939 Germany invades Poland?

I'm a 777 fan, ROF is a great product and I'm looking forward to BOS with some anticipation. I see this as good news though, who'd have thought just a few years ago that we'd have this much active flight sim development.

Dying genre my arse :)

:thumbup:

These are promising times in the kingdom..

I am a flight sim fan.. particularly a prop head.. I am very excited about BoS .. and the only thing that kept me from flying in DCS was the lack of opponents.. but a WWII sim under DCS specs sounds like a winner as well .. :yes: and a huge :pilotfly:for the flight sim community and the genre in general.. If I didn't know better I'd think we were almost back to 1999 what with all the sims coming available.

Edited by Bearcat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Fx-8350 | ASUS M5A99X EVO | EVGA 1050G PS | Corsair Force 3 240GSSD

Samsung 840 EVO 500G SSD | 32G Corsair Vengance DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 7200RPMHD

WD 2TB 7200 RPMHD XFX DD FX-HD 7870 2GB DDR5 | SB Xi-Fi APU | W7 U | TIR3

MSFFB2 | Saitek X-52|SaitekPro Pedals | Logitech Z-640 5.1 | ASUS VE248 24" LCD

Thanks Luthier for your work and I wish you the best for this upcoming sim you and your team will have all my support.It is also nice to see you here interacting with us, we certainly appreciate it. September 1st 1939, Ill be there, I cannot miss it... Sorry 2013 :P

Edited by Royraiden

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Be forewarned. Unless somebody has an epiphany by Sept 1st, we're going to have a rather awkward name for an awesome game.

Why not run a community competition for the naming?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Why not run a community competition for the naming?

+1 :thumbup:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Sorry,Late to The Party:)

W-O-W!!! Very Exciting News,I was a BIG IL2 fan back in the day,It's Incredible news that Luither and RRG Studios will be joining The DCS Family.

Flight Sims are Back,and better than ever:thumbup:Exciting Times!!

Patrick

mini.gif

I'm Tellin you it's Gloria Estefan's Birthday :p

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hello folks,

Wow, what a big thread.

Sorry - this whole thing wasn't supposed to be public yet. A single misclick on my part set in motion a chain of events of such epic proportions, who could have ever guessed. And well, here we are.

I've been posting on a Russian forum a bunch last night since that's where the leak came out. Figured I owe it to you guys to actually post everything in English.

Here's what I talked about in Russian yesterday:

1. There’s a new project in development between RRG Studios (my company) and Eagle Dynamics.

2. We’re making a new WWII flight sim.

3. The general approach in the new sim is the same as in DCS: P-51.

4. Cockpit workload, cabin systems, levers-buttons-gears, reliance on actual historical manuals, and the flight model, will be the same as in DCS: P-51.

5. Modeling of various secondary internal systems, such as modeling the pressure inside each bend in the hydraulics, will be somewhat simplified.

6. The landscape in the new project will be based on EDGE.

7. The theater, planeset, screenshots, videos, etc – will come in due time.

And here's some new information:

1. Myself and a bunch of ED guys are flying in nice tight formation to the Flying Legends airshow tomorrow. We’ll go TSA on the vintage warbirds there. There’ll be lots of videos and photos.

2. The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

I'll hang around here for a few more hours, and then I'm off to Flying Legends until Tuesday.

Welcome! Good news and waiting patiently for September

DCS: PTO ? :smilewink: :)

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I thought the P51 was done as something for one of the investors or something? I don't really care to see a whole lot more of it. I have bought everything to date just to show my support, but it makes no sense if I don't fly any of it.

I thought the P51 was done as something for one of the investors or something? I don't really care to see a whole lot more of it. I have bought everything to date just to show my support, but it makes no sense if I don't fly any of it.

Just stick to modern jets, no problem at all ;)