Printed A10C manual

Luftwoller

Fed up with forever referencing the online manual for the A10 I went ahead and found a company thast is selling this beauty for a reasonable price.

I say reasonable as if you decide to do it yourself you will need a lot of ink and paper etc to do it, (671 pages)

The site I found was called www.lulu.com and the price is £15.15 exc vat.

Well jibber jabba over, it arrived and what a splendid looking thing it is,

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

It looks like they do other ED manuals as well. Also hardbacked volumes of the same for a lot more money.

...Guy

P.s I am in no way affiliated to this site but just thought it might help others, like me.

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

Wow that does look very nice. Once I get more comfortable and competent with the KA-50 the Warthog is next on my hit list to learn, I would love to have a printed manual for it.

I got one for the KA-50 way back when... nothing like having a hard copy to reference for sure.

Makes for some very good bathroom reading as well.

:thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. Got this one as well. Its awesome, and it contains hundreds upon hundreds of pages I still basically understand 5% of.

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

It is a very good buy. I have owned one for quite some time now.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I placed my order on the 29th, really looking forward to receiving it. I still have my hands full learning the KA-50 so will have plenty of time to read it off and on before taking on the A-10C.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah its a great manual at a very good price. I also bought the KA-50 one too and its equally as impressive.

I did attempt to upload other DCS manuals to https://www.lulu.com/ to have them printed off for myself and have them available for others to purchase them if they wanted.

But I ran across some error involving embedding fonts and have no idea how to fix said fonts so that the manuals would be accepted.

If anyone knows how to fix the DCS PDFs with regards to the fonts problem would much appreciate a heads up.

Cheers

If anyone wants a manual PM me....I bought 2 by mistake....I will sell it for $20.00 plus shipping.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

For that price I would expect coloured pictures.

It is sometimes useful for explaining MFDs.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

For that price I would expect coloured pictures.

It is sometimes useful for explaining MFDs.

For $29.99! Have you priced getting something that size printed in color?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I received my copy this afternoon, I am impressed - well worth the 30 bucks imho.

I like printed manuals and will be so nice to have this to reference when I do start learning the A-10C.

Don B

• ED Team
Yeah its a great manual at a very good price. I also bought the KA-50 one too and its equally as impressive.

I did attempt to upload other DCS manuals to https://www.lulu.com/ to have them printed off for myself and have them available for others to purchase them if they wanted.

But I ran across some error involving embedding fonts and have no idea how to fix said fonts so that the manuals would be accepted.

If anyone knows how to fix the DCS PDFs with regards to the fonts problem would much appreciate a heads up.

Cheers

Which manuals are you having trouble with?

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yeah. Got this one as well. Its awesome, and it contains hundreds upon hundreds of pages I still basically understand 5% of.

You are a pro I can understand maybe 0.5% of it myself :P

The one thing I miss from the old days of flight sims are the huge manuals you got with them. That Falcon 4.0 manual was fantastic stuff.

Cheers

There was one in the user files of the download section of the Forum.

A user edited the PDF to fit onto an eReader.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Would love to have a current BS2 manual printed from them, I think the one they offer now is the original BS manual... I have the original I got back when DCS first offered them when BS came out.

Don B

• 2 weeks later...
You are a pro I can understand maybe 0.5% of it myself :P

The one thing I miss from the old days of flight sims are the huge manuals you got with them. That Falcon 4.0 manual was fantastic stuff.

Yeah! Let me say just one word in regards to manuals: Microprose! ;)

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

Still have my F3 Gold edition on the shelf. Those were some hefty manuals.

On a side note, I printed a b/w version of the Jane's longbow Manual at a previous work place. Took a while as I printed maybe 20-30 pages at a time.Still have that here on the shelf as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Black Shark 2 and Huey

I just tried to upload the Black Shark 2 manual (from the module folder) to the Lulu website, and I also get the lettertype (Times, Arial, Arial Bold) missing error.

Could Eagle Dynamics update the pdf file to include the lettertypes, and perhaps even add it to the Lulu website?

I did find out that the paper size of the current DCS books on the site is Crown Quarto (British paper format)18.91 x 24.59 cm

By the way, the Huey manual is still incomplete (e.g. history is missing) so not worth printing at the moment.

Very well put.

I miss the days we had hardprinted manuals in the big boxes we carried home giving us something to read in the bus.

From all the sims i remember the most ofc Falcon 4.0, Flight of the intruder witch also had a copy of the book and the Manual from the A320 on the Amiga. It had the basic, relatively small manual and a yellow pages sized book with all airport charts from Europe from Jeppesen and an assortment of high altitude IFR charts.

As for the A10C manual, i suggest you print it out by yourself using spiral holes to bind it witch makes it allot easier to read. Instead of the spirals though i use cable ties. They never break loose and look cool as a bible out of a Mad Max film.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS

Greek/German origin.

Flying sims since 1984.

Using computers since 1977.

Favored FS's:F/A18 Interceptor, F19 Stealth Fighter, Gunnship, F16 Combat Pilot, Flight of the Intruder, A320, Falcon 4.0, MSFS 2004-X, DCS

I just tried to upload the Black Shark 2 manual (from the module folder) to the Lulu website, and I also get the lettertype (Times, Arial, Arial Bold) missing error.

Could Eagle Dynamics update the pdf file to include the lettertypes, and perhaps even add it to the Lulu website?

+1.

That would be nice, I really like the A-10C manual I got from Lulu, would love to have the updated BS2 manual as well.

Don B