What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ED has made the best sims ever so far, why don't you people just trust them to make some more?

The train station sells tickets to many destinations... you buy the ticket you want for the destination you want: but don't tell the station to stop selling tickets for Boston 'cause you don't like Boston.

And i can't wait to fly any new DSC sim, except for a Wright brother's plane sim... Unless you mount a GAU 8 on it.

GAU-8 i love you so much. You're so hot you need to spin to stay cool.

Have a nice day.

I think a better analogy would be: Selling tickets for steam powered trains along side high-speed rail both going to Boston. I think alot of people don't understand why you would want to travel on the steam power in the modern world.

I think it just caught alot of people off guard because of the modern setting DCS resides. When you are tasked with destroying a column of tanks, you're probably gonna want to use the Hog over the Mustang. Just as if you needed to be in Boston as soon as possible, you're going to choose the high-speed rail trains even if you fancy the steam powered nostalgia.

There's nothing wrong with having a new plane to fly in DCS. For those that are interested in the aircraft, DCS offers more than enough flexibility to create an enjoyable flying environment for it.

I just want to note. I'm not a big fan of WW2 era aircraft. I'll purchase the P-51 to support ED but I don't imagine spending much time in it. However, I'll keep an open mind and rest assured (because we have been specifically told from the horses mouth) that ED has not slowed in development of the next modern aircraft. And who knows, ED's rendition of the P-51 may change my interest in WW2 aircraft. The only experience I have with them is IL2 :) .

Not slowed release for DCS:Jet Fighter? I think that is the problem. If the next fighter was already released there wouldn't be such the outcry here about a P-51. Whether P-51 slows down DCS:Jetfighter or not, the fact remains we are looking at Combined Arms, P-51D, FC3 all being released before DCS:Jetfighter, and that is a bitter pill to swallow for some of us. No A2A with a DCS:Jet and FC3 with the same core as Lock On 2003.

I hate to repeat this view, but it appears it needs repeating. All of us fans that have bought every ED product up till now since Su-27 Flanker, some of us are disappointed.

What Do I Think?

Not too much. If I wanted to fly the P-51 I would use IL-2. If I wanted a better P-51 I would buy it through A2A. I was hoping for the AH 64D. I thought it was in the works. After the total failure of Black Shark I would have thought for sure you guy would come up with something no one else has had a good sim of since Jane's Longbow. What's aft the P-51? Another WWII plane? What happened to the F-22? Come On Man!

• Like 3

I do not like old things, I need the most advanced technology.

I hope that the ED alive forever, and if this type of simulation (WW2) bring some money in their pockets ... So ok, I agree.

But if this were taking away from working on the development of modern simulation ... So do not agree.

I hope you understnd my english

by

www.69squadrone.it

GigaByte X58A-UD7 rev 2.0 -- Intel i7 950 3.06 Ghz (OC 3.20) -- Geforce GTX 750Ti -- DDR3 Corsair 2000 mhz 12 GB -- HD SSD Crucial 1Tb --

HD WD raptor SATA2 150 GB x 10000 rpm -- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W -- Windows 7 Professional 64bit --

Hotas Cougar n° 01909 -- Hotas Warthog n° 08070 -- Console MFD self made with X-key -- Monitor DELL 24 Inch

please... please... please... let next DCS module be a F18 :worthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do not like old things, I need the most advanced technology.

I hope that the ED alive forever, and if this type of simulation (WW2) bring some money in their pockets ... So ok, I agree.

But if this were taking away from working on the development of modern simulation ... So do not agree.

I hope you understnd my english

by

read this and dont worry:

Q: What about future DCS jets?

A: We will continue to develop modern aircraft as well.

to find here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84678|

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.

This is my vote, but I think it's a bit too negative, sounds a bit spoilt brat-ish even. I would word it like this: I am only interested in purchasing modern sim products. I'm happy for ED to make other aircraft of different ages, anything that can get them more revenue is good. I also understand that this isn't really a new direction just an nice opportunity that has fallen into ED's lap. I hope they have good success with it.

I think it may be a bit depressing for ED to see this poll and what has the most votes, probably even frustrating. That's why I wanted to explain why I voted for that choice.

I may end up buying P51 as I continue to watch the development and see how it shapes up. But for the moment, I think I'd rather save my money (and mainly free time :)) for flying ED's modern aircraft simulations.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

What is the point to all these threads nagging and complaining about the P-51?

I don't get it. When it comes out, buy it or don't.

In the mean time, a new jet is being worked on, and a P-51 is being worked on by a "part" of the team.

The other part is building the jet that you will or will not complain about.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

I'm sure, that once it's done it will be an awesome plane to fly and yet, my heart lies with modern war planes.

P.S. This is one messy poll, same options different names...

Edited by Peyoteros

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lacking Viet Nam? I think not. Flight Project 1 ring a bell?. F-4's, A-4's, MiG-17's, MiG-21 etc.etc... I'm looking forward to this Mustang folks. The best one out so far is in the IL2 series. Since it's not a Russian, or a U.S. Lend Lease Act airframe, or German.. It's seriously lacking in flight performance and the effective punch the 50 cals had.

DISAPPOINTED!!!??? This is my second post in these forums and MY GOD! Read the announcement again... this was a side project that went beyond their expectations and is making as a product - That's all. Nothing has been compromised in how these folks are moving forward with DCS.

Get a grip people and enjoy what these guys can pop out, even if it is a suprise.

Nuff said.

S!

\/

If the next fighter was already released there wouldn't be such the outcry here about a P-51. Whether P-51 slows down DCS:Jetfighter or not,

I think you've mis-read your audience.

A percentage of the people will be disappointed whatever the next announcement is, and disagree with whatever path E.D. decides to take (because it's not what they want, in the order they want it). Fortunately, though they are the most vocal, I don't think they are the most numerous of E.D.'s cutomers & supporters.

Cheers.

Not slowed release for DCS:Jet Fighter? I think that is the problem. If the next fighter was already released there wouldn't be such the outcry here about a P-51. Whether P-51 slows down DCS:Jetfighter or not, the fact remains we are looking at Combined Arms, P-51D, FC3 all being released before DCS:Jetfighter, and that is a bitter pill to swallow for some of us. No A2A with a DCS:Jet and FC3 with the same core as Lock On 2003.

I hate to repeat this view, but it appears it needs repeating. All of us fans that have bought every ED product up till now since Su-27 Flanker, some of us are disappointed.

You have to consider there may be a contractual thing with the air force that prohibits the release of the modern day fighter module to be within x days of the finished military version. Im' going on a limb here, there's a reason ED is quiet about the release of the fighter module, it must might be a contractual thing, who knows. The 51 module and FC3 are most likely free to proceed however ED sees fit...I mean that's the only way I can really put some "logic" behind it.

(Not that I'm trying to put logic behind it)...maybe it's just a different way to consider it. So instead of no products being released (potential contractual obligations with USAF) the community gets an upgraded FC3 (very popular) and a 51 module (because TFC has one on hand and should simplify development/modeling etc).

I really don't have a clue ... but consider there are bigger things going on behind the scenes that's keeping some of the "critical" information on the DL for now.

:pilotfly:

I think you've mis-read your audience.

A percentage of the people will be disappointed whatever the next announcement is, and disagree with whatever path E.D. decides to take (because it's not what they want, in the order they want it). Fortunately, though they are the most vocal, I don't think they are the most numerous of E.D.'s cutomers & supporters.

If its a jet, whatever model, you audience will probably be mostly pleased. P-51, not so much.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

You have to consider there may be a contractual thing with the air force that prohibits the release of the modern day fighter module to be within x days of the finished military version. Im' going on a limb here, there's a reason ED is quiet about the release of the fighter module, it must might be a contractual thing, who knows. The 51 module and FC3 are most likely free to proceed however ED sees fit...I mean that's the only way I can really put some "logic" behind it.

(Not that I'm trying to put logic behind it)...maybe it's just a different way to consider it. So instead of no products being released (potential contractual obligations with USAF) the community gets an upgraded FC3 (very popular) and a 51 module (because TFC has one on hand and should simplify development/modeling etc).

I really don't have a clue ... but consider there are bigger things going on behind the scenes that's keeping some of the "critical" information on the DL for now.

Can confirm them?

I guess the company Kleenex stocks must be going up...

With all the crying going on here since DCS/TFC announced the P-51D coming out soon before another Jet..

Even though the two are separate Developments going on ...

Even though one does not effect the other..

I am calling my stock broker to buy Kleenex stock..:thumbup: