TV guided with A10C

Mar044

hi all

I know todays a10 AGM use autopilot to guide the missile to target after release, but coming from lock on and the classic 90's area a10a had agms that where tv command guided from rack to target that allowed you to make course corrections etc as the missile flew.

the AGM is in the encyclopedia but i cant seem to find it in the missile selection load out screen. does dcs allow tv guided agms anymore or is that only a product of the older a10c. the reason i ask is entertainment factor :P i loved guiding my missiles from rack to target :P

I just wanted to know if real world they gone away with it, and so they have done away with it in game. as for real world as far as i can tell the isrealies are the only ones still useing active tv guided agms.

anyway anyone that can tell me that would be great, its driving me nuts, personally i liked the older AGM better as you could adjust missles needed instead of fire and forget.

I know this isn't a missile for the A-10 but the only one I can think of from ED's stable is the Kh-59 launched from the Su-33 in the old Flanker (2.0 ?) series. Or, at least, I have a vague memory of that.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Or radio like on WWII anti-ship missiles that had a magnesium flare on the tail so you could see them.:D

The AGM-65E is laser guided I think, so maybe the OP is referring to that, if the A-10A had it???

It's a marine and navy weapon, not fielded by the AF.

The A-10C can indeed carry and employ the AGM-65E, it was removed from DCS during early Alpha as ED did not gain permission to transfer it from the DTS.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The A-10C can indeed carry and employ the AGM-65E, it was removed from DCS during early Alpha as ED did not gain permission to transfer it from the DTS.

Really?? AGM-65E is used in other sims, even VRS Tacpack will include this store, and it looks like a plain laser-guided missile with nothing really special as to remove it from DCS inventary. In fact, JDAM or GBU-97/105 seem more sensitive stores - and we know some classified functionality of these stores is not presented in DCS, that would have been a good tradeoff for AGM-65E as well. I wonder what other items were presented in early alphas and removed afterwards due to contract restrictions

Regards!

Really?? AGM-65E is used in other sims, even VRS Tacpack will include this store, and it looks like a plain laser-guided missile with nothing really special as to remove it from DCS inventary. In fact, JDAM or GBU-97/105 seem more sensitive stores - and we know some classified functionality of these stores is not presented in DCS, that would have been a good tradeoff for AGM-65E as well. I wonder what other items were presented in early alphas and removed afterwards due to contract restrictions

Regards!

The DCS encylopedia states something about the AGM-65H and AGM-65K as having some type of TV guidance. Is this something differant than what is being asked about in this thread?

Are you certain? I do not recall ever seeing the E in DCS.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Are you certain? I do not recall ever seeing the E in DCS.

Very much so. As I said, it was only in early alpha versions long before even the public beta releases.

It is one of the many things I'd like to see ED include in a DCS:A-10C 2 if such a product were ever made. Along with some of the features from newer A-10C suites.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 2 years later...
The only sim that I remember having TV Guided bombs was in one of the old Jane's titles

Aren't both the KAB-500Kr & Kh-29T available in game for the Su-25T ?

Name: Kh-29T (AS-14 'Kedge')

Type: Medium-range, TV-guided, air-to-surface

missile

Developed: Spetztekhnika Vympel NPO, Russia

TNT equivalent, kg: 317

Guidance: TV-command

Weight, kg: 670

G limit: 24

Length, m: 3.87

Body diameter, m: 0.380

Range, km: 12

Maximum Mach number: 2.5

Name: KAB-500Kr

Type: TV-guided bomb

Developed: GNPP (State Research Production

Association), Russia

Length, m: 3.05

Body diameter, m: 0.35

TNT equivalent, kg: 195

Guidance: TV-command

Weight, kg: 560

Cheers.

Aren't both the KAB-500Kr & Kh-29T available in game for the Su-25T ?

But are they modeled accurately? IIRC, you use the Shkval to launch both, but you never see the video from the weapons, is that how they are used? Or are they like the Maverick? GBU-15 and AGM-130 are guided all the way to impact AFAIK.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..