Why won't JTAC respond?

bunraku

Hi

Did quick mission 1 and the JTAC is supposed to be on 131.00 AM.

Also just did a training mission someone made with the JTAC on 30.00 FM.

Both times I got no response and I assume it's something to do with the radios. The Radios are on TR and I switched between AM and FM for the respective missions and nada.

So what am I doing wrong?

Much appreciated for all your help.

Hi.

Sorry, but it has to be more than having to wait. 2 different missions. One is the quick mission that comes with the sim and the other is a JTAC training mission. Seems unlikely. I'm pretty sure it's radio related although I'm on correct frequency, modulation and Mic switch.

not sure if the quick mission sets the right frequecy, had it a lot that there was an other freq than i expected. Please try to take a look in Mission Editor (ME) to check the right freq is set, or try standard freq (had this some times) hopefully that works

lg Markus

Maybe he is not in range or radio is not correctly configured?

...Also you must press correct Mic button before transmission. On TM Warthog there is 4 way mic switch on throttle. Different switch direction, different frequency range. (AM, FM, UHF)

... and try to put radio on MAN, not AM or FM.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Hi

Did quick mission 1 and the JTAC is supposed to be on 131.00 AM.

Also just did a training mission someone made with the JTAC on 30.00 FM.

Both times I got no response and I assume it's something to do with the radios. The Radios are on TR and I switched between AM and FM for the respective missions and nada.

So what am I doing wrong?

Much appreciated for all your help.

Look here, might help

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136720&highlight=maddog-ic+jtac

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=133219&highlight=maddog-ic+jtac

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=91765&highlight=maddog-ic+jtac

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Remember which radio is which.

Closest to throttles:

VHF AM

Middle radio:

UHF

Furthest from throttles:

VHF FM

Hope this helps.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

You must make sure all previous targets are destroyed at all previous waypoints before JTAC becomes active. It definitely works in this mission as I have flown it many times and had no problem. Try the mission with easy radio assist set to see if it is a radio problem or a mission trigger problem. Do you get the voice message saying that you should contact JTAC to hit the target at waypoint 6. If not then you may have missed a previous target at a prior waypoint.

I just flew the Quick Mission "Easy - East Georgia - Spring" and had no problem contacting the JTAC at waypoint 6 IIRC on 131 AM.

Can you upload a track? If you have the same problem in a JTAC training mission, it would be cool if you could use that mission to quickly demonstrate the problem and then quit so the track remains short and we don't have to watch you destroying all kinds of targets before you're allowed to contact the JTAC. :)

(If you want to/need to record a track from the quick mission, you would have to select "Mission" from the main menu, not "Instant Action". Then within "Mission", select "A-10C Missions", up one folder and then select the quick mission from the subfolder with the same name; after the flight, you can then choose "Save Track").