#05 - 15/7 STATUS UPDATE

Cobra847

Cobra, great update as always. This is one aircraft to have in the stable even if you don't fly it (but we will). I think the A4 from VEAO will compliment your Mig21 quite nicely.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Best of luck but I don't agree with similar update thread. I say create an update thread every now and then better (to be honest I wouldn't know who posted THAT instant unless its a new highlighted thread)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Cobra I appreciate the update. I will apologies if I have been to harsh in previous posts. I'm just excited to fly this. I will make sure I don't step out of line like I have done.

I know you guys are working hard on this

Hello dear Cobra,

Once again I would like to thank you for this new upgrade, now everything seems so clean and for me I can wait the release because I know that your work allow one future great module.

Great job and communication, thanks again. Skull

Thanks for the update LS! Appreciate it.

A few weeks ago we noted that we will be sending out promo copies of the aircraft; but this has been delayed due to the ongoing 1.3.0 migration. Keeping up with two working copies of our product is a very time-consuming/wasting endeavor. Thus, when we're satisfied with the module and it's functionality in 1.3.0, we will then take a look at providing previewers with a legacy version that is representative of the newest build.

However, if you are going to give previewers a copy of the product, I presume you can give the Indiegogo backers also a preview or beta copy of the product or is that not possible. If so, can you give us plausible reasons as to why?

P.S. I'm sorry if I missed the post regarding info on release to backers. I searched the forum but could not find any.

Requesting previews just becasue "this was prommised" do nothing more than to prolongue the final release. As Cobra states, to have such previews they have to work for both engines, old one and EDGE.

What about letting LN to go faster forward to final release only. There is nothing to win on our side, backers or non-backers, if some people will have Mig21 few days/weeks earlier. Don't overload LN with more futile work.

Let's adapt people! Don't look straight forward only... there are a lot of variables in our life stories. Put them in equations and recompile your expectations.... continously.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Polished Metal MIG-21 in EDGE = Call out of work for a week.

tricko-challenge-accepted-full.png

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Thx for infos!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

One thing is clear. No MiG-21 until EDGE (a.k.a. 1.3.0) release. Even LN be ready before that.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

Great update. thanks

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Does the mig 21 have flare/chaff dispensers onboard or does it need the the sps 141 for chaff/flares ?

This was answered in a few threads actually.

MiG-21 doesn't have onboard countermeasure dispensers. There are, though, two ways for it to carry them : in an ECM + chaff / flare dispenser pod, or have chaff / flare dispensers bolted on to fuselage (as in dispensers over shoulders of late MiG-23 and MiG-27 variants, Su-17 / 22 variants etc).

According to Cobra, both options are modeled & available in DCS : MiG-21Bis.

The catch with bolt on version is, when you equip them, you can't equip JATO devices if & when they are needed. Not too big of a problem if ask me :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

SPS-141 Flare Dispenser panel. :)

The Nuclear armament panel and UPK Gunpod panels are situated in the same manner, however.

Guys, what happened with the color of interior? Why its blue? Isn't it mist be green? Famous soviet interior green.

Or it is color distortion on screenshots?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1729969&postcount=2333

As you can see, it can vary quite a bit.

I saw a few hundreds of Bis an UM of Soviet Airforce. And all of them was emerald-green. Allways. No exeptions.

All colors, different from standart color – regiment engineer's handmade.

Some export series of Mig's could have grey-blue cockpit, but it was rare.

This was answered in a few threads actually.

MiG-21 doesn't have onboard countermeasure dispensers. There are, though, two ways for it to carry them : in an ECM + chaff / flare dispenser pod, or have chaff / flare dispensers bolted on to fuselage (as in dispensers over shoulders of late MiG-23 and MiG-27 variants, Su-17 / 22 variants etc).

According to Cobra, both options are modeled & available in DCS : MiG-21Bis.

The catch with bolt on version is, when you equip them, you can't equip JATO devices if & when they are needed. Not too big of a problem if ask me :music_whistling:

Great to hear we will have both options in game.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

We chose the blueish tint because we had more photo reference of aircraft painted in this tone, especially the Serbian AF ones.

Out of hundreds of photos I'd say that there's a good mix between the two tones -- but considering most photos are contemporary, more of them are in the blueish tint.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/