Issue with ipadpit keystrokes being recognized

mfishco

Hello...new to the forums, and DCS in general. I have my iPadpit set up, an X-52 with a reasonably good starter button mapping and track IR working. Whew! I'm almost there... I just can't seem to get A-10 to recognize keystrokes generated by the iPadpit. I've purchased autohotkey. I've loaded the DCSKeyProfile21.lua. I can see the keystrokes being generated in the TouchIR local command echo window. I can even press iPadPit buttons while in the control options mapping section of the simulator and have A-10 tell me that the identical command already exists. The only thing that isn't happening is that any of the buttons in ipadpit having any actual effect in the game.

Since I'm not seeing anyone else with this problem when I search, I figure I just must have missed a step somewhere, although I can't find it. The only strange thing I see is that sometime when I press a button in iPadpit all of the keystrokes don't seem to all come through in the controls options section when I am testing. a couple of presses usually does it though. I have a feeling that has something to do with it but other than that I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Running Win8.1x64 and the steam version of A-10, although I would like to move to DCS world, but that's a post for another thread.

Thanks in advance for anyone who might want to help out.

Mitch

• 3 months later...

Mitch

Hi Mitch! It's me again. Second thread about the ipadpit, featuring you, asking about the .lua file. Well, I take it you figured out that the old mapping file is not longer supported for ...load profile. So... we just have to remap! One way that was a little success for me was to open the lua file that came with ipadpit 2.02 and then just look for the commands. Enter them into the control options by hand, and since the touchcontrol is already mapped. You only have to change that one thing.

| A-10C | Ka-50 | F-86 | Mig-15 | P-51D |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]