Mapleflag missions BFT02 EFATO

Shane45

Hi Guys,

I have now flown the 2nd mission which is the EFATO about 8 times , other than being above glidepath I have down everything as asked , landed safely at Batumi and shutdown correctly, and what do I get,

Well done Cadet, and some bollocks about a few more missions and you could Ace it, wtf. it's really beginning to piss me off now, anyone else having the same ?

What's your point? Apart from whinging about a well put together training campaign after the second mission

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I'm not whinging as you put it about a well put together training mission, I very much enjoy the missions, my point is that I'm not getting a Qualification and or being told why I'm not and or what I missed or fkd up during the mission,

I didn't make that clear in the post.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - we wouldn't live in a "free" world if they couldn't and I welcome the feedback.

There are a number of reasons for getting a Q-minus and it's possible that you missed the dialogue indicating so as they occur through the mission.

Typically any missed checklist item will count against you. Going too fast or too slow from instructions, deviating from course or altitude, missing the desired landing spot, missing your departure time, not turning off the nose wheel steering, pitch too low, pitch too high, and missed raising gear and flaps.

Basically anytime the FE says anything negative it's a strike against your rating.

Not sure if you were aware but there is a practice mission package associated with the campaign that provides single player practice missions.

These are very helpful in perfecting your technique before taking the Qualification "test". In some of the missions there is extra dialogue offering hints and tips.

I checked the mission code and couldn't find an instance where the Q-minus flag was set that didn't have a dialogue associated with it. Possibly in a future update we could change the final rating to provide more of a score card based dialogue.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Rgr All Sabre,

I fully understand the rules and I think the missions are great, but in my instance as far as I was concerned I missed nothing out and performed the mission almost perfectly other than being above glidepath for a second or 2, there was no announcement from the FE that I'd strayed off course or altitude etc, I got a well done for landing between the vehicles on the runway and a shut down looks good, was a little surprised to hear him say , well done cadet, a few more missions and you will ace it, but never mind I will carry on and crack it, I am aware of the practice missions but to be honest I didn't think I would need them, however it might be the way to go. all practice is good practice.

thankyou for the reply

appreciated