Gift activation

Tower95

Hello,

i would like to ask if it is possible to get a Steam gift module, (not a steam key i recieved, but a gift bought by another user ) in this case the Ka50, for the non steam DCS , because i also use the mig 21 and f86 sabre and thus i want to use the non-steam version , but also the ka50 recieved by steam.- is it possible at all to activate it and see the key in steam for a gift?

greetings:

David

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here.

Unfortunately, keys purchased outside of Steam will no longer be redeemable on Steam. This was discontinued because Valve no longer had the ability to support this.

Black Shark 1 purchased through Steam is not redeemable outside of Steam, since it uses Steamworks DRM.

Purchases made on our site is however transferable. You can see more information here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2038701&postcount=13

Note however that if the key in question was purchased before June 7th, or was a Black Shark 1 key (as opposed to Black Shark 2, the module applicable to DCS World), it will unfortunately not be visible or redeemable in Steam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Ok, maybe my writing was a bit confusing, a friend wants to send me a BS2 he bought as a gift on steam, so he has never seen the licence key , my question is if i will be able to see the key from his gift when he sents it to me and if i will be able to activate it on the ED pages licence manager =),

hope it got more understandable this time ^^

greetings:

David

Ok, maybe my writing was a bit confusing, a friend wants to send me a BS2 he bought as a gift on steam, so he has never seen the licence key , my question is if i will be able to see the key from his gift when he sents it to me and if i will be able to activate it on the ED pages licence manager =),

hope it got more understandable this time ^^

greetings:

David

You will be able to see it, but you might have to start the DCS World install first. Then abort the install. Now when you look in your library you can see DCS World. Right click it and select Properties. The last tab on the right is DLC and in there you should be able to see the key for any DLC. Steam treats all DCS modules as DLC for DCS World.

Hope that helps.

For reference: Steam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Steam Specific Issues

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Cichlidfan is correct. You receive the gift as a gift, and thus won't be able to see the serial number. However, "using" the gift will cause you to be able to see the serial number, and this serial number will indeed be useable on the distribution from our site.

EDIT: Sniped, doh. :P Enjoy the module! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester