Saitek X52Pro Mfd and Fip how to home

algerad3

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a new version out somewhat recently, both the driver and the SST programming software: 7.0.27.13

Among the new features I've found out that rotary encoders below the MFD started to show up in the game without the Control Panel being open.

On the downside, the throttle started to flicker the MFD and glitch out, causing phantom keypresses. I downgraded back to 6.2.2.4 and it has been mostly perfect since. So YMMV.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I'll tell you guys what I'm up to and see if you can help.

All I'm really trying to do is display a series static images on pages. I'm able to display images, redraw them, etc - but I want to be able to use the buttons and dials to switch between pages - but I can't get any of the callback code to work.

Using the LUA interface, I've so far been able to get the FIPS unit to add page(s), display images. What I am hoping for are FIPS specific examples of how to register callbacks for page changes, softbutton presses, dial turn.

Doesn't have to be anything crazy, something that shows the callback registered and a function that simply prints to the console when the callback is triggered. I've tried implementing code from a variety of scripts here in the forum.

I've got this code working as a *very* simple example.

require("saitek");

--variable for page id
pageOne = 1
--variable for image
image1 = "image1.png"

--init the unit
saitek.Initialize();
--add a page
saitek.AddPage("SFIP", 1, pageOne, true);

--set an image to the page
saitek.SetImageFromFile("SFIP",pageOne,1,1,image1,true);
while true do

-- Just keep it running for now.

end

Can anyone show me how to get callback stuff working?

Got it working!!

I have the callbacks working now for buttons, dials, page changes. Anyone wants the code, please PM me.

I'll tell you guys what I'm up to and see if you can help.

All I'm really trying to do is display a series static images on pages. I'm able to display images, redraw them, etc - but I want to be able to use the buttons and dials to switch between pages - but I can't get any of the callback code to work.

Using the LUA interface, I've so far been able to get the FIPS unit to add page(s), display images. What I am hoping for are FIPS specific examples of how to register callbacks for page changes, softbutton presses, dial turn.

Doesn't have to be anything crazy, something that shows the callback registered and a function that simply prints to the console when the callback is triggered. I've tried implementing code from a variety of scripts here in the forum.

I've got this code working as a *very* simple example.

require("saitek");

--variable for page id
pageOne = 1
--variable for image
image1 = "image1.png"

--init the unit
saitek.Initialize();
--add a page
saitek.AddPage("SFIP", 1, pageOne, true);

--set an image to the page
saitek.SetImageFromFile("SFIP",pageOne,1,1,image1,true);
while true do

-- Just keep it running for now.

end

Can anyone show me how to get callback stuff working?

IRIS-core,

So I take it you are good for Now?

IF you use the example i put together for the x52 pro and change the model from X52p to fip it should work.

would love to see what you have going on .

Oh, and welcome to the club.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

Chrilith...

Took a look at the Wiki site and I am liking it so far( the layout.) Sign me up and I will try and start putting down info...Hopefully Moburma will proof read and simplify my wording.

How are you on lua socket stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

O.k guy's still here .

Some progress , not enough to brag about.

I will try and spend some more time with the original export method and see if I can flesh out enough "valid" information and techniques for the wiki site.

Hopefully will also be able to shed some light on the Socket version as well.

Then it will be off to learn how to draw gauges.

It does seem a bit sparse in this thread these days....

Just a quick update: I was so hellbent on doing things in such a manner that I could not see the reality of how things worked. Finally got frustrated and tried a different approach. It seems to be working.....

Give me a few days and I will post a script using lua sockets and a new Export script. After I show those off I will dig into Dcs world and get things working there, then I should have enough information to work on the Wiki pages.

Now the goal is to send commands to Dcs.

It's getting exciting over here....LOL

Now the goal is to send commands to Dcs.

It's getting exciting over here....LOL

Great news, keep us posted!

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Time for the super sleuths to test this.

Finally, got the Socket system to do some things.

A quick post to show that things are moving along..

This works in Blackshark two, should work in Dcs world like the other scripts before this( Non socket scripts) I can not test until I figure out why my export files are not working in Dcs World.( I am sure it is something simple)

Anyways I present the export and client scripts.

You Can receive and send ...but for some reasons it tends to fall short on the input when changing radio knobs. I am sure it is something simple I am missing but if any of you super sleuths can take a look and find my errors , that would be cool.

I will be adding fip receive and send functions next , so within the next 2 days (maybe sooner) Fip owners can join in. ( there will not be pics/screens until later, but you will be able to use buttons and knobs for experimenting.)

I forgot to mention that the values you get on the Mfd is screwing as I have not formatted the information/strings. Will fix soon. ( after I get knobs and buttons working on fip.)

saitektcp.lua

Export.lua

Edited by algerad3
forgot to mention something.

O.k Another update to this project. The code is still kludge but the fip's are now functioning like the X52 (no gauges , just buttons.) The first page of the The second page of the fip is the Abris buttons 1-5 s1 = button1, s2=button 2 etc. Still have the issue of

"attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)" still working on this. :wallbash:

Gonna work on things some more, hoping for some feed back , maybe I can wire up some gauges.(pre-made demos).

Anyone up for drawing gauges? juggle.gif

saitekwith fiptcp.lua

Export.lua

Great job! Thank you, algerad3!

If it is not too much to ask, could you throw together a quick howto on how to get things to work in DCS? Like, file paths and generic setup.

I'd really love to try it out but there is almost no concise information on the subject and it's time consuming to read through all the forum (wish I had more time).

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Understood, give me a minute and I should be able to get the wiki pages going. I will also to an instructional .lua file with examples... I just want to get the Set Image part working so that it will be complete..

I get the impression that the scripts are not crashing on you ? Or are you more patient than I?

Lt.... How far in the process are you? Have you installed the dll and lua for windows? If so.. then if you are working with blackshark 2 stand alone modules .. Put the export file in the config/export file.

If you are in dcs world then go to user/saved games/dcs and create a folder called "Scripts". then place the export file in the new folder.

Make sure you have Scite which comes with lua for windows and open the lua file( Saitekwithtpc)with Scite. You have to make sure that "Saitekwithtpc" is running before you start a mission otherwise dcs will crash looking for the socket.

I made some changes to the files and now you can scroll the wheel safely( as long as you don't get carried away speedwise.) The fips control the abris in this demo ( only the buttons right now, had problems with the knobs). Again the buttons are in sequence to the sim 1=1 2=2 etc. Now on to the gauges, Will clean up code later.

Lt. This is one of the original tutorials and should be of help in getting you up to speed. The "tute" was created before the new Export system in world

as explained above.

:thumbup:

saitekwith fiptcp.lua

Export.lua

Edited by algerad3

won't let me attach the "tute" well , I guess we will do it like this.....http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1557313&postcount=19

As before , this should get you in the right direction.. if my incstructions confuse you then look at it from Moburma's point of view here...http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1713080&postcount=83

(I like how he did that,makes it a bit more simpler.Thanks Moburma..)

Just ran Clear Tchavili trail or what not , the really crazy one with everything hiding in town and you have to clear...Ran it twice ( not successfully of course..) but, gotta say, it was really nice being able to change the radio channel and get rid of the radio messages and then change back to hear them using the x52.

The fip I am getting the hang of using it for the abris , Can't wait till I get the knobs figured out.

The most important part is no crashes...stayed steady though I have to work on closing at end of mission.

Getting closer ....

Nighty night.

I cannot get ScITE to run the saitekwithfiptcp script as I get

lua: saitekwith fiptcp.lua:3: module 'saitek' not found:
no field package.preload['saitek']
no file '.\saitek.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\lua\saitek.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\lua\saitek\init.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\saitek.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\saitek\init.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1\lua\saitek.luac'
no file '.\saitek.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\lua\saitek.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\lua\saitek\init.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\saitek.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\saitek\init.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\lua\saitek.luac'
no file '.\saitek.dll'
no file '.\saitek51.dll'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\saitek.dll'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\saitek51.dll'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\clibs\saitek.dll'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\clibs\saitek51.dll'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\loadall.dll'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua32\5.1\clibs\loadall.dll'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'require'
saitekwith fiptcp.lua:3: in main chunk
[C]: ?
>Exit code: 1

I couldn't find any such files anywhere! Help?

Edited by The LT

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

oopsiess.

UH oh , looks like you missed a step...

go to c:/Program Files(x86) and find the lua32 folder ( you have to create a lua folder and a lua 32 folder per tutorial.).

Place the attached file into the lua32 clibs folder files.

Then find the lua folder you created for the 64 bit and Put the saitek64 file in there... Rename it saitek(erase the 64 as that is there to distinguish it from the other dll) and place it in the lua 64/clibs folder.

You should be good to go from there. If any other issues arise , you can put the saitek64 dll in the Dcs bin folder as well as in the others ( If using black shark 1, you have to use the 32 bit dll instead everything else will use the 64 bit.

PLease download the tutorial and have a good look... the needed saitek64 files are there.

I am working on a better set of instructions until then I hope this helps.

saitek.zip

Edited by algerad3
Again things did not attach; Files are included in the tutorial.

Gonna skip the next portion of the programming test and start working on the wiki pages.

How do I get access to the Dcs Wiki , I would like to add info there as well in regards to programming Saitek gear.?

Edited by algerad3
Bad link

Guess what I did !!!!!!!!

Not bad for an amateur in two days time I am now at this point in life.

I am afraid you need to have the fip for this lua...Sorry X52pro lovers..Gotta give the fip guys some love.....

Plug in the fip and run this script guy's make sure you have the above export installed for some nice giggles and laughs!!!!!

Now we are getting there.

Remember this is still wip... exploratory!!!! :P

Install the attached pics into C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput...... kinda gives away the surprise a little :music_whistling:

saitekwith fiptcp.lua

gauge set1.zip

Edited by algerad3
I am such a moroon.... Forget the required pics.

Time to slow my roll and get organized.

It is time I disappear for a quick minute.

I created a quick vvi gauge and it works ....so now that is done.

Buttons are working ( for the most part , some rotary functions needs to tweaking).

Current goals: Finish wiki pages, create scripts for all modules that will include x52 and/or fips, Draw gauges for all modules, create self start routine and self select routine.

Between work, above goals, testing and trying to finally getting some stick time; I will be limited in time.

I think I put up enough test lua files for now and should focus on final scripts.

I hope to be back soon!!!!!!! :smartass:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally getting somewhere !!!!!!!

Well got all eight of my fips running , have a lag of 3-5 quick seconds in Dcs black shark 2 and 3-4 in dcs world.

with 7 fips I get a lag of 2-5 quick sec.

Down to 4 fips it's about 1.5 -2.5 secs.

Dcs world responds faster but none the less...

Any one out there willing to help optimize what I have ( a glance at the script, advice pointers).

Also gonna need more of them math guru types to help dial in he dials...

And if you want to test and give feedback ...you are more than welcome.

I have a script for the X52pro on tcp socket and i works without crashing, can change radio freq's as fast as I want. Will upload later.

Also working on combo pack.. Had fips and X52 playing together, just need to speed up the fips.

Anyways.. Export goes in place of residence... Ka 50 gauges goes in C:program File\saitek\Directoutput\.

Use scite and run the script " SaitekFips" then start mission.

Very important to start script before starting mission in DCS world... Will crash at start up if you don't.

Black shark 2 is more forgiving and understanding.

Don't laugh at my lack of artistic abilities...they are improving.

Also find the w.i.p gauges attached. A-10 soon, followed by P-51 and what ever is left ( after optimizing the gauges.).

OOOPSies... only three attachments at a time .... Scripts down below.:smartass:

Huey gauges.zip

KA 50 Gauges.zip

SaitekFips.lua

Edited by algerad3
zip files not loaded

of the required export lua

Ok.... maybe we could have done with out the currently non functioning Huey gauges.... Here is the export script. Put in the Export home of the Black shark of your choice ( except black shark one...don't work there ):huh:

OH ,yeah be very deliberate with the knobs , too fast and the saitek side will crash, does not affect the Dcs side of things, just finish mission and restart.

Export.lua

• Like 1

Algerad I admire your work. Can't wait for A10 C update for FIP. Will we be able to rotate Gauges with buttons ? Any ETA ?

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO