DCS F-35A

Wags

Bought UH-1 but this LOL.

This is a Joke to simulator enthusiasts.

not clearly, but anyway how do you know your Huey flight model is good enough (or as great as possible on a PC platform) ? you should think it is great but if you never flown in a Huey you will have only feelings about it no more

this is the same - and more - with all hardly classified machines

we can only hope they (will) have "all" the info what they (we) need for making (get) a great module, but we will never ever know how will this close/far to the behaviours of the real bird

moreover, remember what Wags wrote: they did not allowed to put "smallshit" sattelite radio stuff in the A-10C, so lets try to imagine what not allowed to put in more :(

Edited by NRG-Vampire
  • Like 1

sign-pic4.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

to many are quick to judge.

welcome any and all new aircraft into DCS, if anything it raises the profile of our simulator which is good for DCS.

Share your opinions of the DCS F-35 once you have flown it, until then its like pissing into a strong wind :)

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

not clearly, but anyway how do you know your Huey flight model is good enough (or as great as possible on a PC platform) ? you should think it is great but if you never flown in a Huey you will have only feelings about it no more

we can only hope they (will) have "all" the info what they (we) need for making (get) a great module, but we will never ever know how will this close/far to the behaviours of the real bird

moreover, remember what Wags wrote: they did not allowed to put "smallshit" sattelite radio stuff in the A-10C, so lets try to imagine what not allowed to put in more :(

LOL I know UH-1 pilots!!!!

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

welcome any and all new aircraft into DCS, if anything it raises the profile of our simulator which is good for DCS.

That is a "little" big problem, DCS:W losing a part of simulator branch, one year and no insight nothing of a vehicle or ship module on the horizon. :cry: I think it should be changed to "flight simulator" but, as I believe we will not see the land or naval simulator in years sight. And for my CA does not reach the "expectations" of a land module.

Btw I was reading some time ago about desktop trainers made by some military contractors for the JSF project. I don't know if Kinny Interactive has anything common with such a project.

But it could happen that contractors could negotiate similar grounds as ED did with their A-10C, and develop a "game" version of such trainer...

Just a thought, nothing more.

• Like 1

LOL, UH-1/ A-10/Su-27/F-15/Mig-29/F-16/Su-25 have models that have expired where you can ask pilots about aerodynamics and how the older versions of the systems were working. On Typhoon, F35 and Su-35 you just can get anything from the pilot because he would not even tell you the limits of the aircraft lol. How many F-35 pilots do you know compere to UH-1 and A-10A?

It seems you are pissing in the wind and expecting getting something good witch you cant even confirm if it is.

I have been in toch whit Mi-24, Su-25 and U-H1 pilots, Its reasonable to understand that there is more info on expired machine then those that are not even in service.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

• ED Team

Dont forget the mission designer decide what happens in a mission. So I am not to worried about one aircraft being king.

Only time will tell, and in the mean time look how much interest the aircraft is getting already ! raising the profile of DCS to a wider audience will not take long :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

But it could happen that contractors could negotiate similar grounds as ED did with their A-10C, and develop a "game" version of such trainer...

You have to consider that the F-35 is significantly more cutting edge than the A-10, so a much lower percentage of what such a contractor would model for the desktop trainer would actually be allowed into a civilian spin off.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

All entries already carved from initial announce thread:

Hi guys I'm Kinney from Kinney Interactive and I wanted to make myself available for questions... Thanks

Hi Kinney,

* Just a general question, how realistically do you believe that you can model the F-35A? *I mean, in terms of flight dynamics to begin with at least :)

Great question - I feel best about the aero model. Based on surface area, weight, size and dynamics of the control surfaces, interviews with test pilots and pilots that have flown against the Lightning. Now we won’t be perfect – but we will be very close – AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO MODIFY AND CHANGE WITH NEW INFORMATION. Starting this project I knew there would be classified ranges and operating limits of avionic equipment, but even this I believe can be overcome with crew interface logic that will rival the traveling simulator. But aerodynamics – we get it!!

And yes, we will need all the luck and support we can get...

but as they say - the harder we work, the luckier we get

On my site you'll see that I'm a Bio-medical Engineer, and a former USMC Officer. I specialized in treating the human body like a machine and looking at things like redesigning flight helmets with a reduced moment arm giving the pilot or crew more G tolerance. I did have an opportunity to lead the implementation and integration of the F-22 and B-2 avionics. But really it’s about the team, we have a passion bringing you the best simulation possible. We know this is the only F-35 you’re going to get your hands on – we are driven to get it right!

As for the B & C – when you see KickStarter you will see the reach goals, but yes we are doing all three. The C will require full carrier operations so we will be building CVN-78. The B will get the America.

We are confident, as a team, that you will be flying the Beta in April.

I put this video on my web site, Kinney Interactive, along with other videos as an example of just some of the information the team has available.

Thanks guys for the support

Here is the Kinney Interactive web site - I've tried to detail information on the DCS F-35 project, but questions are always welcomed

http://www.kinneyinteractive.com/#!d...tning-ii/c1bom

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

It's a little early to bring on the flaming, guys. Stick to constructive criticism.

It's a little early for criticism even...

it's news and frankly I don't see how it can be spun into bad news.

Generally speaking, I don't understand the mind set where news like this can come off to really agitate people. I've seen it with P51 and UH-1 (both of which are AMAZING simulators on their own never mind integrated into DCS world. Those who bash those modules are simply missing out on a great gameplay experience.

The flood gates for developers has been opened and comparing that to three years ago where we'd get a module every 3 years is pretty exciting.

I put this video on my web site, Kinney Interactive, along with other videos as an example of just some of the information the team has available.

No DCS aircraft modelled so far has anything like a dynamic touch screen such as this. Is it even possible?

• Like 1

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

It's a little early for criticism even...

it's news and frankly I don't see how it can be spun into bad news.

Generally speaking, I don't understand the mind set where news like this can come off to really agitate people. I've seen it with P51 and UH-1 (both of which are AMAZING simulators on their own never mind integrated into DCS world. Those who bash those modules are simply missing out on a great gameplay experience.

The flood gates for developers has been opened and comparing that to three years ago where we'd get a module every 3 years is pretty exciting.

It is great simulators, I love them both, But I would say the same thing if someone would like to model Pak-FA in to DCS world. Its not a problem since server host can decide witch aircraft's can bee used, Im worried about the qualite of this model, witch could bring DCS reputation to SFXs if there is more models of SFX or FC3 standrad then DCS.

DCS is born thx to FC1, It would be smarter from ED to make DCS level Su-27 and F-15 before wasting money and time on moduals that dont bring in more profit then FC1 did.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

How many F-35 pilots do you know compere to UH-1 and A-10A?

It seems you are pissing in the wind and expecting getting something good witch you cant even confirm if it is.

I have been in toch whit Mi-24 pilot and U-h1 pilot so it is mutch easier to get real info on that then F-35 LOL.

yes, those are what i am talking about: most of us will never flown on hardly classified aircrafts even talking with pilots/ test pilots/engineers

so we need to hope DCS developers will do and use the info what they can reach, but dont be blind: i have some fighter and chopper pilot friends/familiar too who can talking about how the machines fly but they will not tlaking about much systems and will never talking about how to use these connected to armament (simply how to detect/aim/shoot) nor with a huey or hind certainly not with a stealthy aircraft

otherwise for me the most important part is

1st: external model - this is what we can check/satisfy quickly (most of photos/videos/blueprints)

2nd: cockpit - we will get less infos about it but lets hope that will get real loooking

3rd: flight model - we need to believe they will get and are programming good infos into module

4rd: avionics and systems (weapons, counter measures, etc.) hardest part - we will never ever get real simulations about these - only remained hopes and feeling and we even dont know what the us defence ministry and lockheed martin will allow to use in a pc sim

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

It is great simulators, I love them both, But I would say the same thing if someone would like to model Pak-FA in to DCS world. Its not a problem since server host can decide witch aircraft's can bee used, Im worried about the qualite of this model, witch could bring DCS reputation to SFX if there will be more aircrafts that are SFX standard or FC3 standard.

DCS is born thx to FC1, It would be smarter from ED to make DCS level Su-27 and F-15 before wasting money and time on moduals that dont bring in more mone then FC1 did.

Understandable, just leave the integrity to ED, I'm sure they don't want to compromise their reputation in the community (they have an audience to loose so thats of greater risk). You know ED specific models won't be compromised so if you doubt third parties just don't buy them or fly in servers that have them enabled. After UH1 my confidence in third parties at this point is high.

I still think the higher fidelity aircraft will pillage the lesser fidelity ones by a good plot who knows how to maximize his aircraft systems.

cant wait to add this to my Hanger

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Understandable, just leave the integrity to ED, I'm sure they don't want to compromise their reputation in the community (they have an audience to loose so thats of greater risk). You know ED specific models won't be compromised so if you doubt third parties just don't buy them or fly in servers that have them enabled. After UH1 my confidence in third parties at this point is high.

I still think the higher fidelity aircraft will pillage the lesser fidelity ones by a good plot who knows how to maximize his aircraft systems.

Uh-1/P-51 is great example since you can take real UH-1 pilots and ask them if this even close to how UH-1 feel, if you dont trust the pilot you can take it for a spin to feel it you self, Same for MIg-25/29/27 all of this aircrafts can be flown by privet persons.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

Just had a look through the Avionics videos on the website. That has got iPad integration written all over it. Really looking forward to this. I love the way DCS is going about this. I feel spoilt already with all the modules that are available. I will have no problem departing with my hard earned cash for this. As for getting close to real life flight fidelity etc. We are pc pilots not real world pilots i don't care if its not the same (so what?) If you want it exactly the same just imagine it in your own head :)

Great stuff!!

I am sure that US government (and the rest of... investors) will have a shock on how cheap the avionics of that plane can really be after they will see the sim cockpits made by users of such module. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

When I see it, I may believe that it'd be something more than just LOMAC aircraft in the skin of DCS.

I see people have an imagination.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ