DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that plane (the one modelled, not a version used in some Middle East country) have any A-G guided capability? If yes, guided ammo?

The only guided A-G weapons we might see are mentioned in the following post:

Right now this is what we have planned.

very limited AG usage mainly MK-82 if anything.

Not sure if we will add right away:

AM-39

AS-37

BLG-66

No pods on C variant. Some exports use different equipment.

AM-39 Exocet is an anti-ship missile.

AS-37 ARMAT is an anti-radiation missile.

All other A-G weapons we get will be unguided. As far as I am concerned though, if we can do SEAD, anti-ship, and bomb tanks, the 2000C might as well be called multirole. Right now the Su-25T is the only DCS/FC3 airplane that can do SEAD at all, so this will be a valuable addition.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All other A-G weapons we get will be unguided. As far as I am concerned though, if we can do SEAD, anti-ship, and bomb tanks, the 2000C might as well be called multirole. Right now the Su-25T is the only DCS/FC3 airplane that can do SEAD at all, so this will be a valuable addition.

I agree with you, I will but this module If they add those guided weapons, If not, can't see the reason to buy another A-A platform. Thanks for the info!!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

...can't see the reason to buy another A-A platform...

It can be because you like the plane or because you want to learn other systems. I will buy all planes that are coming to DCS because even if there will be multiple A-A aircraft, they don't act the same at all.

No need for SEAD weapons to make it valuable in DCS.

Isn't this module supposed to be the same level of complexity as say, A10C KA50 or Huey?

If it's FC level, I can see why you won't be interested, but if it's a regular DCS module, it's quite different. There are no AA module right now. Just my two cents, though.

Stratos, this overview lists the MICA AAM, so I doubt this is for the Mirage 2000C (more likely the Mirage 2000-5).

This aircraft looks very promising and I am looking forward to this very much. I am also happy about this being the vanilla C-version. This is still very much a dogfighter and capability wise will match nicely to the MiG-29. Looking forward to play some nice 80s scenarios with this one.

I do hope we will see a nice selection of air-ground munitions if applicable for this type. Indigenous french bombs such as the Belouga CBU, Durandal and BAP-100 would be very welcome.

I said "I can't", is my opinion. Being french (you) I can see why you like it, and I will get If it includes guided A-G weapons.

Yep, sorry. Had a really bad day yesterday. Didn't get that you were talking about your opinion.

I think they will take the easy route, full A/A. Cheapest to produce, hope someone on RAZBAM can tell I'm wrong.
I just quoted the project leader on page 8 effectively saying it would not be "full A/A". There will at least be bombs, and maybe SEAD and anti-ship.

Honestly though, being stuck with the Super 530D is going to put us at a disadvantage in BVR with everything this side of the Vietnam war. I see myself using this as an attacker more than a fighter, even with the limited weapon choices.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Honestly though, being stuck with the Super 530D is going to put us at a disadvantage in BVR with everything this side of the Vietnam war. I see myself using this as an attacker more than a fighter, even with the limited weapon choices.

I think the Super 530D/Magic II combination compares well to the R-27R/R-73 mix of the MIG-29. In characteristics the Mirage 2000C and MiG-29 ary quite similar as well. Primary dogfighters with a bit of limited BVR thrown in. In a 80s scenario this will be a nice pair to fly against each other.

Reading some of the comments here I'm a bit confused: didn't they say it would be a Mirage 2000C ? (I've even heard it would be the S5 version). If they are doing a M2K C then nearly no A/G weapons and no Mica (introduced with the -5 version I think) will be available because the real plane can't take them.

Source: M2M website and RAZBAM fb page https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/posts/589826517770657?stream_ref=10

If they are doing a M2K C then nearly no A/G weapons
I have had trouble finding information specific to the Mirage 2000C S4/S5, but I know the earlier models had CCIP for guns, rockets and bombs and CCRP for bombs. If you noticed, our discussion has been mostly limited to unguided weapons. The two main exceptions being the ARMAT (which is self guided) and the Exocet (for the Greek variant).

The loadout chart image posted by Stratos is not applicable because it is for the Indian Mirage 2000.

edit: This is the most detailed information I could find so far on the RDI. If this is accurate, then the Mirage 2000C S5 should have an air to ground radar mode.

http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1980/1980%20-%201654.PDF

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would of wanted the 2000D but I'll settle for the C.

D is a two seater. This means you are stuck playing online or with an AI crew member (dumb). Why would you want a D?

I wish this was a 2000-5, though if it can carry the MICA that would be good enough for now.

Here is another one (from 1988 ): http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1988/1988%20-%202724.PDF

The pulse doppler rates of the RDI also make it possible for the [Mirage 2000C] to carry out ground-attack missions as secondary roles

Key features include [...] air-to-ground capability.

And a manufacturer advertisement: http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1985/1985%20-%201314.PDF

The RDI, pulse-doppler radar, was designed for air superiority missions and interception missions at any altitude (whatever the relative difference in target height or sector) on very high performance aircraft with long-range missile fire control. Although the RDI was basically designed for air-air missions, it can also effect mapping, ground avoidance and air-ground range finding.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have had trouble finding information specific to the Mirage 2000C S4/S5, but I know the earlier models had CCIP for guns, rockets and bombs and CCRP for bombs. If you noticed, our discussion has been mostly limited to unguided weapons. The two main exceptions being the ARMAT (which is self guided) and the Exocet (for the Greek variant).

The loadout chart image posted by Stratos is not applicable because it is for the Indian Mirage 2000.

edit: This is the most detailed information I could find so far on the RDI. If this is accurate, then the Mirage 2000C S5 should have an air to ground radar mode.

http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1980/1980%20-%201654.PDF

Some people here have quoted half the A/G arsenal of the French air force (and of other air force) asking if it will be available. That's why I was wondering what was going on, if they were an other announcement I had mist about the release of a D version. As for the Exocet and the ARMAT I am not sure they were certified for the S5 version. The Greek M2k seems not to be considered as a M2k C but as a special exportation version. It would seem strange to me if the French air force had paid for the integration of the Exocet on a plane they were only going to use in a A/A.

Now I am curious about the range stated for the Super 530D in the DCS encyclopedia: 25 km is a bit short.

I am not sure they were certified for the S5 version.
Yeah, I'm not sure either (especially the Exocet, but see the quote below). These answers are difficult to find with just internet searches. The S5 is basically the same airplane with improved avionics though, so I assume the airframe is already certified. I think the question is if the avionics have been officially approved for specific weapons, but we are going to be putting the airplane in a lot of hypothetical conflicts in which the AdA has no other ground attack aircraft available. How quickly could they certify something in a pinch if it is already completely compatible with the hardware?

Not sure if we will add right away:

AM-39, AS-37, BLG-66

The Greek M2k seems not to be considered as a M2k C but as a special exportation version.
That is kind of an interpolation from this post and the above one. It seems (at least to some extent) that they want to represent some export models as well. That may provide justification for some of the weapons included.
Yes on the Greek and Brazilian, but the exotic ones, Indian have the different setups, which is no.

Now I am curious about the range stated for the Super 530D in the DCS encyclopedia: 25 km is a bit short.
You are right, that should probably be longer. Remember actual range depends upon launch conditions though. I assume RAZBAM/M2M will make sure the missile specifications are appropriate for the module release. (but to make that short range feel even worse, the Super 530 is semi-active, so you will have to keep your target illuminated until impact)

And now for some on-topic, have a screenshot from the facebook page with the FSX electrical system in development.

1979086_640336062705266_572888667_o.jpg

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward for this project. I hope we can see it even in 2014.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind