F-22 Cockpit Photos

EvilBivol-1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures inded. But if ED is not modelling F-22 than what for?..

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

Maybe it is for some of their military oriented project? F-22A desktop sim, cockpit trainer, or maybe even AI plane for contracted project?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Given that it costs over 200 000 $ I have no clue what kind of technolgy is used there but that looks exactly like layers unglue for ordinary multilayered aircraft glass. Usualy cuased by thermal stresses for heated windshields when the heating is ON on ground or at high outside temperature.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Isn't that is the pilot who was traped in F22 and rescue had to cut him loose ? :D

I thought that, Looks loke they glued the canopy back with RAM coated superglue for budgetary reasons as it is expensive:D

DILLIGAF KB Wilson.

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoset.

(Not KB Wilson )

Given that it costs over 200 000 $ I have no clue what kind of technolgy is used there but that looks exactly like layers unglue for ordinary multilayered aircraft glass. Usualy cuased by thermal stresses for heated windshields when the heating is ON on ground or at high outside temperature.

Hi AirTito. The Raptor's canopy is not laminated. The canopy is fabricated from one single sheet of polycarbonate that's heated up close to a liquid and draped over a mould if I remember correctly. The yellow tint is ITO. ITO in thick layers amplifies and refracts yellow light in the visible spectrum giving the Raptor's canopy its trademark rich yellow colour. The coating of ITO is applied to the inside of the canopy on the Raptor and not on the exterior eliminating wear and tear to the coating. It's worth noting that when ITO is applied in thin layers it is only visible in the infrared spectrum making it invisible to the human eye.

Just because you cant see the trademark yellow tint of ITO on the Raptor's canopy in that picture it doesn't mean that it's not there.

http://www.evaporatedcoatings.com/trans.htm

http://www.evaporatedcoatings.com/969.htm

http://www.evaporatedcoatings.com/949.htm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...