• Bf109K4
    • Fw190D9
    • Spitfire (Mk.IX)
    • P-47D
    • P-51D
    • Me-262
    • I love all of them equally
    • I don't care.

We are all very excited to get our WW2 planes in DCS but it is probably going to take some time before we get them. So...

Out of all flyable planes in DCS WW2 that we are expected to get(or already have), what is the favourite of yours? Feel free to discuss and compare them.:pilotfly:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already have my own, which is the P-51D Mustang.

I love the P-51 for it's looks, sounds and armament. I love .50 cal MGs as they are great for deflection shooting and I love the sparkles that they make on impact. The whining sound of the Pony going through turns is amazing. Besides, the bubble canopy cannopy is awesome (you have almost 360 field of view). I like all the flight characteristics of the plane. It feels powerful and untamed at the same time. I only envy the Fw190s roll rate and Spitfires sustained turn rate. :P

I wonder how it will compete with the 109K4?:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

The only time I wouldn't vote for the Spitfire mk IX, is if there was a Mk XIV in the list. :thumbup:

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

109. Because of it's looks, sound, character. And because it's 109.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Answered I love them all equally, except thats a little misleading, I love them all except the Dora9 equally. I just can't love it... Now if it were an Anton....

It is hard to put all the answers to a poll.

I like Fw190A8 as well. Beautiful plane. Icon of Luftwaffe for me together with Bf109G6:pilotfly:

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

F4U-1D Vought Corsair .. but I voted the P47-D in your poll because you left the Corsair out ...

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

F4U-1D Vought Corsair .. but I voted the P47-D in your poll because you left the Corsair out ...

Since when was the F4U on the list of planes for DCS WWII?:huh: Corsairs had only a small part in Europe.

I am not counting any additional planes from other devs (like Veao's Spitifre and Fw190A8 )

Edited by Solty

My channel:

I'm surprised the P-51D is doing so badly in the poll... Is it because the module has been out for so long?

It's one of the most iconic aircraft of all time!

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I'm surprised the P-51D is doing so badly in the poll... Is it because the module has been out for so long?

yeah, i think people always hungry for the new - i mean new/upcoming aircraft

however the P-51D modul is a very authentic and detailed piece, imho

sign-pic4.jpg

To me it was always clear that P-51 is not realy the most liked plane, on the contrary, it is deffinitly one of the most HATED planes of all time.

You can realy tell, when you go to other plane forums. People call it "freedumb plane(read.Freedom)" and "Honda civic of WW2" etc. Or if you mention the P-51 you get responeses like "Give mah freedumh".

That is mostly due to the fact that people hate US planes as most History Channel and Discovery programs say that P-51 is the ultimate dogfighter.

And people hate when something can't turn. If it can't turn as well as Spitfire or Bf109 it is bad.(by the minds of most people).

...and because of sceens in films, like these:

The funny thing is, that that trick he does is done earlier in the movie, by a German pilot in the 109... but who cares about that right?:music_whistling:

PS. I actualy thought that Bf109 would win that poll without problems. But it seems Spitfire is quite a challanger :P

Edited by Solty

My channel:

Hated?

More of a kneejerk response and a sarcastic joke to the hype and praise the Pony gets in mainstream media.

As for a favourite, I have to choose the 262.

Gorgeous, predatory design combined with a deathray of grenades with an additional a hail of rockets. Interested to see how much of challenge it is to maintain in the air and how dogfights will turn out.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hated?

More of a kneejerk response and a sarcastic joke to the hype and praise the Pony gets in mainstream media.

As for a favourite, I have to choose the 262.

Gorgeous, predatory design combined with a deathray of grenades with an additional a hail of rockets. Interested to see how much of challenge it is to maintain in the air and how dogfights will turn out.

Oh you are the guy from WT forums(donald duck as a avatar), I remember you. You were mostly playing HB because you hated the spoting right?( it isn't better in DCS :()

That little "kneejerk response and a sarcastic joke" is getting tiresome, when you can't have a normal conversation without beeing called names for flying the "pee-fiddy one".

Oh the 262 is going to be a challange all right. But it is so far away we will probably see it next year christmass :P

My channel:

Oh you are the guy from WT forums(donald duck as a avatar), I remember you. You were mostly playing HB because you hated the spoting right?( it isn't better in DCS :()

Yes, but actually I started WT in Arcade, moved to HB and from there to FRB/SB only, but even then it was mostly tanks until the direction of the game got to the point I just quit it completely.

Never had a problem with spotting in any games I've played though, be it WT, CloD/BoS or DCS.

I know making fun of the Pony was the norm in WT, but here? Haven't seen any of it. We can have a normal conversation any day.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

P-51D Mustang

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Since when was the F4U on the list of planes for DCS WWII?:huh: Corsairs had only a small part in Europe.

I am not counting any additional planes from other devs (like Veao's Spitifre and Fw190A8 )

They played a small part this is true, but they played an important part. Also it would make sense as a springboard in to the Pacific theater in which I'm more invested.

In addition .. since when did you care what my reasons are? Sheesh! :mad:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!