DCS WWII: Europe 1944

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually a flyable B-17. Imagine that at DCS quality, just imagine that... :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Stand by for some more interesting information as part of the Kickstarter video on September 5th...

Thanks for the heads-up, Matt.

yup, and now I'm really curious on how this title will tie in to stuff like the DCS Mustang and Dora.

The Mustang and the Dora will be a part of the initial release.

DCS WWII will be its own product however. It will not be a DCS World plugin, but an entirely new environment. Other products will be mutually compatible, so you'll be able to plug an A-10 into DCS WWII if you so choose, or a B-17 into DCW World.

DCS WWII will be its own product however. It will not be a DCS World plugin, but an entirely new environment. Other products will be mutually compatible, so you'll be able to plug an A-10 into DCS WWII if you so choose, or a B-17 into DCW World.

oh...so is it a new EDGE feature ?

another world ?

i am not too happy with that :(

sign-pic4.jpg

The update makes it sound like "DCS: WW2" will have a separate base installation from DCS World, so I would like clarification on if it is a module or a completely separate installation. I am also wondering if the DCS: P-51D (or other DCS products) will be compatible with DCS: WW2. Would this then require installing the P-51 (or other modules) twice to play it in both locations?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the quick answer!!!!!!

• ED Team
The update makes it sound like "DCS: WW2" will have a separate base installation from DCS World, so I would like clarification on if it is a module or a completely separate installation. I am also wondering if the DCS: P-51D (or other DCS products) will be compatible with DCS: WW2. Would this then require installing the P-51 (or other modules) twice to play it in both locations?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1855083&postcount=505

oh...so is it a new EDGE feature ?

another world ?

i am not too happy with that :(

Re-read it.

DCS World is the core for all the DCS modules at the current moment. DCS WWII will be another standalone core with the WWII modules and terrain. However, the content for both could be ported to each one like Luthier said. You could bring a B-17 over to DCS World or put an A-10 into DCS WWII if you so wished.

So all the high detailed additions to DCS:WWII will still be available to plug into DCS:W if one so desires.

Sounds great, as I shortly wondered if the Dora might be the last WWII addition we see to DCS:W.

Great times lie ahead :thumbup:

Greetings

MadCat

So what will then actually be the difference between WWII and World?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

So the everything in one DCS World part...

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
Re-read it.

DCS World is the core for all the DCS modules at the current moment. DCS: WWII will be another standalone core with the WWII modules and terrain. However, the content for both could be ported to each one like Luthier said. You could bring a B-17 over to DCSW or put an A-10 into DCSWWII if you so wished.

Correct

Yeah I thought the whole idea of world was to have one platform, that continually builds upon itself. Worlds not that old and already its being cut into parts and pieces.

Hopefully, AI advances and graphic advances are shared. Again the pure benefit of a single platform is the common advancement of all things connected to it.

• ED Team
So all the high detailed additions to DCS:WWII will still be available to plug into DCS:W if one so desires.

Sounds great, as I shortly wondered if the Dora might be the last WWII addition we see to DCS:W.

Great times lie ahead :thumbup:

Greetings

MadCat

Correct

We thought long and hard about this. We figured that it's better to have two environments in the long run, otherwise we'll have a really weird jumble.

Once DCS World grows to have a lot more modern aircraft, and DCS WWII will have more vintage warbirds, it's best to have them separate by default. We think.

• Like 1

Vamp, sobek will hit you with a stick lol :megalol:

A stick? Don't be ridiculous, we don't live in the stone age anymore.

I'm an electric engineer, we use high voltage for that nowadays. ;)

Edited by sobek
  • Like 2

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Yeah I thought the whole idea of world was to have one platform, that continually builds upon itself. Worlds not that old and already its being cut into parts and pieces.

Hopefully, AI advances and graphic advances are shared. Again the pure benefit of a single platform is the common advancement of all things connected to it.

If I understand Luthiers post correctly, there are going to be ways to merge those modules together into one whole. EDIT: That could be messy though.