DCS F-35A

Wags

I am sure that US government (and the rest of... investors) will have a shock on how cheap the avionics of that plane can really be after they will see the sim cockpits made by users of such module. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I see it, I may believe that it'd be something more than just LOMAC aircraft in the skin of DCS.

I see people have an imagination.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It's a little early to bring on the flaming, guys. Stick to constructive criticism.

Yup, The Lead dev looks to have a'lot of exp, It's not really fair to be making harsh comments against them when no one knows how it's going to go.

We could easily put other dev's off working within DCS if they think the community is overlay negative.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

That's a lot of naysayers in the thread.

While I understand where you peeps are coming from, you understand this:

KI has the confidence of certain people with respect to producing this module. They have experience, and they have good sources as well.

Assumptions such as 'they can't get data' and 'real pilots won't help them' are not only assumptions you've made up, they're false.

KI might not want to tell us the details, and that's fine. Realize that even if the F-35 was modeled to something between DCS and FC3 level, to you as an opponent it wouldn't matter whether it was HAWX level or military sim level: You won't see it coming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Everyone know's the F-35 is the best fighter, most advanced, most expensive, most powerful, most sexy & most capable military jet in the world.... They are just hating because K.I is not doing another old, ugly and stupid Mig or Sukhoi! :D

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/american-gifs-10.gif

GREAT!

Now we need ANOTHER stick and throttle from Thrustmaster! In my mind this is actually encouraging on several levels...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

This is fantastic!

Linebacker just got to sit in the F-35A simulator at an airbase himself. I'm waiting to hear back what he got to see since he's still there now. This should be exciting news to him when he gets back.

PS: Finally an announcement that is giving me a boner.

Assumptions such as 'they can't get data' and 'real pilots won't help them' are not only assumptions you've made up, they're false.

This is just simply a fact...the data is not out there. Show me some good publicly available sources that a airframe or avionics modeler can run with.

You can search the DTIC repositor, the NASA technical reports server, even check AIAA journals for any white papers there is little to nothing on this bird.

I urge people to make an informed decision when supporting this kickstarter.

I know for a fact that this can't be done anywhere close to the level of A-10C. The one thing these guys have going for them is that, like I said, very few of us know how the thing actually flies or what many of the cockpit pages look like (many of them are highly proprietary by the way). So no one without knowledge of the aircraft will know they are making stuff up.

I'm not being a naysayer, I'm being a realist from what I know of modeling and simulation, the F-35, the scope of the project, and the data availability issue...I mean sheesh much of the mission systems software is still in the works!

So, lastly, I would just like people to make an informed decision based on the facts before supporting the kickstarter. See what (little) info you yourself can obtain on the F-35 and determine if that would be enough to model something like the A-10C.

I would really love to see myself eat my own words on this....

• Like 3

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Anything is possible, it just takes time and money.

In the grand scheme of things, yes. However there are things which are impossible for a third party to do if ED don't contribute time and money. It wouldn't surprise me if a touch-screen was one of these.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

So, does anyone know how the stealth works? Even if you don't detect a F-35 on your radar, will you still get RWR-spikes from its own radar, along with missile launch warnings and so on?

The AMRAAMS they fire are still normal non-stealth missiles right?

Just wondering how effective this stealth would be in DCS :D

--

At first when I heard the news yesterday, I was kind of sceptic if I would like to fly it or not. But after thinking about it for a while, I'm super excited for it! Bring this module on!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just had a look through the Avionics videos on the website. That has got iPad integration written all over it. Really looking forward to this. I love the way DCS is going about this. I feel spoilt already with all the modules that are available. I will have no problem departing with my hard earned cash for this. As for getting close to real life flight fidelity etc. We are pc pilots not real world pilots i don't care if its not the same (so what?) If you want it exactly the same just imagine it in your own head :)

Great stuff!!

Just about to say the exact same thing. Only that it would go great on my Windows Slate, not an iPad :D

Seriously though, I was concerned with all the touch screen interface elements and while you can model that with the traditional mouse interface really hope there's some design thoughts going into integration with touch screen devices.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

That's a lot of naysayers in the thread.

While I understand where you peeps are coming from, you understand this:

KI has the confidence of certain people with respect to producing this module. They have experience, and they have good sources as well.

KI might not want to tell us the details, and that's fine. Realize that even if the F-35 was modeled to something between DCS and FC3 level, to you as an opponent it wouldn't matter whether it was HAWX level or military sim level: You won't see it coming.

no peeps, i am happy with any new modules (does not matter if it a car, ship, aircraft) but im dissapointed what Wags wrote earlier about satcom in the A-10C - this foreshadows what/how we can get systems in any future (modern/classified) modules - better to not push these modules under the name of DCS brand - its ok to say these will get (only) AFM, otherwise i am happy with FC3 SFM too - for me: more external models, more joy

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

In the grand scheme of things, yes. However there are things which are impossible for a third party to do if ED don't contribute time and money. It wouldn't surprise me if a touch-screen was one of these.

I don't see how it is any different what we already have in the A-10 or abris, implementation wise. 3rd party Devs writer their own code for avionics and hook it in to DCS.

Nate

You can search the DTIC repositor, the NASA technical reports server, even check AIAA journals for any white papers there is little to nothing on this bird.

You won't find an F-15's -34 out there either, but I sure have a couple.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

will you still get RWR-spikes from its own radar,

No.

along with missile launch warnings and so on?

Also no. You will get the warning when the 120's go active, which may well be too late depending on the launch range.

Just wondering how effective this stealth would be in DCS :D

Have you tried picking up an F-117 on radar in DCS? Except this one can launch missiles as you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

..but should you? although unclassified, it is not unlimited public distribution.

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Haters gonna hate.

You guys act like you could have searched DTIC 3 years ago and come up with white papers and avionics manuals for the A-10C with sufficient detail to allow a sim to be made. Obviously, that wasnt the case, so how do you explain the existence of DCS:A-10C?

If the developer has a relationship with LM and or DoD, and was responsible for avionics integration on the jet, why would anyone assume that they are limited to existing open-source material?

And as an aside, people are way too caught up with the idea of "classification". There is a big difference between "not publically available", and "classified". There is plenty of unclassified information available, you just dont have access to it.

I'll reserve judgement and let the developer's work speak for itself. I have a hard time understanding why people are so eager trash a product that they know nothing about. People bitch incessantly for more better/cooler/faster jets, then when something is announced, it's a race to see who can take the biggest crap on the developer.

I honestly think parents and schools have stopped teaching people manners.

• Like 4

• ED Team

There is also the fact that we dont know what contacts they have, if they will try and license it through Lockheed, perhaps get a little more on the plane than we can find in google. I am just going to sit back and see what they do...

I hope they can pull it off...

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

There is also the fact that we dont know what contacts they have, if they will try and license it through Lockheed, perhaps get a little more on the plane than we can find in google. I am just going to sit back and see what they do...

Same for me...

That would be a game changer, but until we know that for a fact it is still a little sketchy. I would love to hear they have licensed with Lockheed.

― Carl Sagan

So what? No one who's going to get in trouble over it gave it to me. Heck, same with tiffy and ah-64 docs, among others ... F-18 performance docs, too.

..but should you? although unclassified, it is not unlimited public distribution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just about to say the exact same thing. Only that it would go great on my Windows Slate, not an iPad :D

Seriously though, I was concerned with all the touch screen interface elements and while you can model that with the traditional mouse interface really hope there's some design thoughts going into integration with touch screen devices.

Yeah lets hope so. I use the iPad for A-10c with the great app iContol. Although sometimes i just don't when i want to fly a quick mission. Either way i think thought in design needs to take into account the evolution of hardware etc.

How can it be modeled a F-35A even when it´s in development and test phase?

How can you model a Flight Model, systems or equipment when every F-35A constructed need to be retrofitted with more than 80 bugs, fails and design changes at this time? ( in the future more could be retrofitted because more fails and changes could be discovered)

How can you model a F-35A when the final shape, design, equipment, systems and functions are already beeing developed and there isn´t even one "final" F-35A full operational and finished in a standar production unit?

Link

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4