#03 - DEV UPDATE & GAMEPLAY VIDEO 28/05

Cobra847

Hardly. I don't think anyone would expect a brand new module to be on discount at release just because the old ones are.

Especially not since it has been done, shortly after release, and it didn't go over well then.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it's time for another video by now... :music_whistling:

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Keep it on Topic.

We don't need another "Release Date Speculation" Thread.

And we don't need people trying to "Predict" what will cause delays, sarcastically or not.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

^this

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

We're still crunching very hard everyone. New videos as soon as we get some time.

Promo copies should be going out very very soon, including a few streamers. :)

I reckon' the best way to explain the current work left is: More than you might hope, but less than you fear. We're working as hard as we can.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We're still crunching very hard everyone. New videos as soon as we get some time.

Promo copies should be going out very very soon, including a few streamers. :)

I reckon' the best way to explain the current work left is: More than you might hope, but less than you fear. We're working as hard as we can.

Thanks for the news!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

How will the cutting of key activation on Steam affect people who want to get the Mig-21 DVD? My DCS is in Steam so now I'm worried that if I pick up the DVD (or DVS MiG21 at all) I won't be able to activate it or use it.

I honestly don't know yet, we're of course subject to the same restriction placed on ED by VALVe.

We'll be sure to take a closer look at this and how it can be solved for those customers who want to have the MiG-21 on STEAM.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

I don't want this to sound like I am asking when the release date is, in fact, I fully understand that there is no real way to give a exact day at all.

That said, it is June and the website said the release was May/June, now, I know that stuff happens and sometimes the projected completion dates slip but I was wondering if we are still looking at June or is that kinda out of the question at this point?

I don't want this to sound like I am asking when the release date is, in fact, I fully understand that there is no real way to give a exact day at all.

That said, it is June and the website said the release was May/June, now, I know that stuff happens and sometimes the projected completion dates slip but I was wondering if we are still looking at June or is that kinda out of the question at this point?

Not out of the question.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Good:) but if it is not , then what happens? July -August? or August-September? :music_whistling:

Work it out. What month comes after June? :P

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

Fantastic work guys! Quick question though, During takeoff the aircraft gets a bit shaken around along the roll axis as if it was a really bumpy runway (almost like a dirt takeoff). Is this intentional? Please explain. Thanks

Sample video of a real mig 21 taking off by the way zoomed way in on the nose, you can see slight longitudinal vibration (probably overally dramatic due the zoom) but no roll oscillation to be seen.

Also the oleo travel seemed a bit underdamped. You can see lots of high frequency movement of the oleo as if the runway was full of potholes. Are Georgian airstrips really that bad? I don't see the same type of vibes or travel of the oleos on the F-15, A-10, while taking off etc.

If the answer is as simple as "work in progress". That's good enough for me. Just thought it looked a little odd :pilotfly:

• 3 weeks later...

Will you folks be increasikng the level of shine effects on the external cockpit glass, ie, the glass shine when viewed from the outside?

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348