THE MUSIC THREAD

asparagin

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

Metallica - Whiskey In the Jar

Wow, lots of good stuff you posted there! :thumbup:

Maybe the most awesome Metallica song ever (and this band isn't short on awesome songs IMHO) is another cover song on the same album. I just listened to the original and I think it's amazing as well.

Bob Seger - Turn the Page (1976)

With that in mind, I think Metallica took an awesome song to a whole new level (except I prefer Seger's vocals because they're much easier to understand for non-native speakers):

Metallica - Turn The Page (1998 )

Edit: James also says some really cools things about the song in this

./Edit

Fun fact regarding the Metallica video: it's composed of scenes from a short film. And when I just watched the video (for the first time in like 15 years or so) I had the feeling that I knew the actress there, I just couldn't point my finger on where I'd seen her - until I checked IMDb and realized that she fixed my Thunderbolts and Arrows and the Excalibur when I won the Kilrathi war. Small universe, ey? :D

Edited by Yurgon

• ED Team
Omega - Gyöngyhajú lány (The Girl with Pearly Hair), 1969

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

R.I.P.

Indeed. :(

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow, lots of good stuff you posted there! :thumbup:

Maybe the most awesome Metallica song ever (and this band isn't short on awesome songs IMHO) is another cover song on the same album. I just listened to the original and I think it's amazing as well.

Then you must be loving this :smilewink:

Coming to a New year´s party near you:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Then you must be loving this :smilewink:

Most fortunately, Youtube lagged after a couple of seconds and I took the opportunity to stop playback. :D

Rock is not my thing [...]

You don't say. :megalol:

Well, I like it, so after another amazing gig yesterday, this is my obligatory post of a Hammerhai Song: Bleierne Zeit

What? :)

I think I never managed to listen to anything you posted in this thread for more than maybe 20 seconds until I felt my ears were starting to bleed. I guess our taste in music couldn't be more different. That's what I was trying to point out. :D

(Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding: it's great that we have so many different kinds of music posted here; when you and Ise start going all electro on us, me and others will probably counter that with some good old fashioned rock and/or metal. And then someone else drops some weird Russian or Whatever folk on us. I love the diversity. :thumbup:)

I think I never managed to listen to anything you posted in this thread for more than maybe 20 seconds until I felt my ears were starting to bleed. I guess our taste in music couldn't be more different. That's what I was trying to point out. :D

(Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding: it's great that we have so many different kinds of music posted here; when you and Ise start going all electro on us, me and others will probably counter that with some good old fashioned rock and/or metal. And then someone else drops some weird Russian or Whatever folk on us. I love the diversity. :thumbup:)

I know, I know :)

I like the diversity in this thread too. If not for it I wouldn't feel comfortable posting electronica every time. Also, from time to time I do discover some interesting rock piece. Like the Monster Magnet song posted a while ago :) This is going to happen more often because my tolerance/curiosity towards other genres increased since I bought a decent set of headphones.

Here we go....

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"