PTH HOLD problem?

TylerTheHottie

Is there a known bug or something that prevent me from orbiting? For some reason the autopilot doesnt seem to be working the same as before for me and I am unable to use it to bank. PTH HOLD only seems to work when Im straight and not when I am banking. I have a logitech joystick connected and its hotkeyd to it. When I click I can hear and see the autopilot button on the left console clicking but it will only engage when Im flying straight.....any thoughts?

Path hold is for climbing and descending. Alt hold will let you hold a bank angle and orbit. Hope that helps.

I understand. However that that doesnt work either. Im not banking very much either. Ive tried it in each autopilot mode to see. I also tried to unplug my joystick and hotkey it again. still doesnt work....

Alt Hold should be working. I am using it all the time while in a wheel. Is EAC switched on and the caution panel clear of alarms? What version are you running. Current is 1.2.6.

Cheers

Hans

Yes, I checked to see if eac was on, made sure iffcc was in anything except off, checked the cdu systems page to see the validity of the LASTE and EGI and EAC and all related. According to the CDU all systems were a V for valid/ P for pass. Im not sure what it is. Gonna probably just end up reinstalling the game.

Is there a known bug or something that prevent me from orbiting? For some reason the autopilot doesnt seem to be working the same as before for me and I am unable to use it to bank. PTH HOLD only seems to work when Im straight and not when I am banking. I have a logitech joystick connected and its hotkeyd to it. When I click I can hear and see the autopilot button on the left console clicking but it will only engage when Im flying straight.....any thoughts?

It sounds as though you are in ALT/HDG mode, not ALT mode.

As always, supplying a track of the problem would help greatly in diagnosing it.

dcs_sig.jpg

Just to drop back and punt for a moment, did you by any chance jump into an instant action mission and try it? I say that just incase for some reason you may be forgetting to turn something on during the startup procedure you are using?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just to drop back and punt for a moment, did you by any chance jump into an instant action mission and try it? I say that just incase for some reason you may be forgetting to turn something on during the startup procedure you are using?

I was in an instant action. But the reinstall worked though it seems to be working fine for me now.