DCS: Tornado possible?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair comment Topol but we don't have any US jets on our dev list at the moment.

Cheers,

Chris.

That "at the moment" is not shutting the door and is giving some hope for the future :) Anyways, good luck with your projects guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EE Lightning.... would be amazing, she seems to get over looked

:joystick: Oh yes please,

I remember seeing The Firebirds display team at Prestwick airshow back in the early 1960s, sitting on the roof of my dad's car and hearing them start up and take off then put on an amazing show, I fell in love with the EE Lightning then :)

many years later I got to sit in the cockpit of a lightning at RAF Leuquars :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

:joystick: Oh yes please,

I remember seeing The Firebirds display team at Prestwick airshow back in the early 1960s, sitting on the roof of my dad's car and hearing them start up and take off then put on an amazing show, I fell in love with the EE Lightning then :)

many years later I got to sit in the cockpit of a lightning at RAF Leuquars :)

cool, my dad worked on lightnings at leeming and leuchars in the 60's n 70's, I would imagine its systems to be pretty primative and easier to replicate, one of my all time favorate british aircraft and one i'm very surprized nobodys modeled, might need to get into this 3dsmax myself:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hell no! :helpsmilie:

Valuable resources could be put into the development of much more interesting aircraft. I don't know what the next module will be but something like F-16, F/A-18, F-15C, F-15E are just to name the few that would be much more interesting

While all of those would be nice, an F-18 especially, none of those can get down low and dirty quite like the good old tornado. It might have the turning circle of Jupiter but a Tornado with a nicely mapped mach loop to practice in would be heaven for flight simmers..

This was great fun to see on the day...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/history.php

In later months, the government even went so far as to sabotage English Electric's own efforts to sell the aircraft to Germany - after frustrating and fruitless attempts to sell the aircraft to the Luftwaffe, EE discovered a government representative was actually telling the Germans not to buy the aircraft!

This behavior by Government would continue until we didn't have an aerospace sector anymore. Now they wonder why we are deep in economic trouble!!!!!!!

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango
Not only that, apparently there is one or more aircraft in mint condition in UK and it is banned form takeoff.

Has any one ever seen one on an air show?

http://www.lightnings.org.uk/

they have a few cold war era jets there that are kept in flying condition. Never been to see them there but will do one day...

I used to see lightnings at airshows in the early 80's, My dad was based at leeming and leuchars and worked on them there, although by the time i was born the lightnings had been replaced by phantoms, a very impressive display, only equalled IMO by the RAF Vulcan display, when they were allowed to really put her through her paces...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/history.php

This behavior by Government would continue until we didn't have an aerospace sector anymore. Now they wonder why we are deep in economic trouble!!!!!!!

Best regards,

Tango.

They even went as far as saying that the lightning was only a Mach 1.5 aircraft

That came from Roland (Bea) Beamont's "Testing the Early Jets" which is a very interesting read. There was a lot of disapointment in his recounting about the Lightning and the TSR2

Clan Cameron

it's a shame if you don't remember ells, they really were exiting aircraft to witness in the flesh... I can't remember if it was 86 87 or 88 when I saw the last lightning display at leuchars but I do remember really annoying my dad by making him wait right till the end to watch her fly,

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it's a shame if you don't remember ells, they really were exiting aircraft to witness in the flesh... I can't remember if it was 86 87 or 88 when I saw the last lightning display at leuchars but I do remember really annoying my dad by making him wait right till the end to watch her fly,

Ah we must have walked past each other at some point that day, I was there too and the following next few years too

One of the best at Leuchars was when the Vulcan got it a bit "wrong" and came over the crowd line 90 degree bank and full power I could almost reach up and touch it, I have never felt the ground shake so bad :D

I was first there in 1970 with the ATC 2319 Squadron :pilotfly:

Edited by Alicatt

Clan Cameron

Ah we must have walked past each other at some point that day, I was there too and the following next few years too

One of the best at Leuchars was when the Vulcan got it a bit "wrong" and came over the crowd line 90 degree bank and full power I could almost reach up and touch it, I have never felt the ground shake so bad :D

I was first there in 1970 with the ATC 2319 Squadron :pilotfly:

very possible, I've only ever missed two shows in my life, one I remember well was with an F-111 coming from behind the crowd going very fast, and very low, Everyone got a shock.... my sister who was very young at the time got the fright of her life, she was on my dads shoulders, she cryed until she got a toffee apple.... just in time for the harrier display... when the harrier came in to do it's trade mark bow the engine gas blew up a load of grass which neatly settled on her toffee apple.:megalol:.. cue more tears..... my mum took her off somewhere safe for the vulcan display....;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]