Development Update March 2016

VEAO Rules!!

Thanks Chris, P-Man and VEAO, you folks certainly know how to keep us informed and it is VERY much appreciated.:thumbup: Our anxiousness is only exceeded by our desire to whip the Hawk around in the sky the way the "real" pilots do.:pilotfly:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

You're all welcome.

No one is more anxious to get this to you than I am but we want to make sure everything is working as it should be before it gets into your hands.

Regarding cockpit textures, I'm expecting the next batch of updates early this week which will enhance more within the cockpit (and fix a couple of errors).

Nice list, finally we're getting somewhere. :)

Do you plan to replace the plain ugly LAU-61 rocket launchers with something more appropriate too?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

seems good :

4096x4096 texture ! can't wait to try this one. (should be a standard nowadays)

& EFM...

any news about radio navigation, radios in general, on both caucasus and NTTR?:music_whistling:

will it be operational ? It's very important for a trainer.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Now the Hawk starts to get interesting! Nice change log!

Chris, you mentioned it somewhere earlier, but I can't find it right now ... guns are supposed to be in the upcoming patch, but the other weapons but especially the HUD control box are still being worked on, correct?

Hypoxia without oxygen should start much, much lower. Something like 12,000ft MSL is a more accurate number. 33,000ft MSL should have hypoxia setting in 45 seconds after going off oxygen, so without oxygen the pilot shouldn't even be able to reach that altitude. 30 seconds if the pilot just didn't flip on the oxygen switch after takeoff.

But it's a general gripe of mine that hypoxia isn't more modeled. I've tried to induce it but have never been able to.

Sources:

[ame]http://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/pilotsafetybrochures/media/oxygen_equipment.pdf[/ame]

http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Hypoxia_(OGHFA_BN)#Time_of_useful_consciousness_.28effective_performance_time.29

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

Awesome update! but a quick question:

Det cord showing inside canopy now removed.

what do you mean by this? Will we not be able to see the det cord inside the cockpit?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

For those without rudder pedals or a twist axis stick, how will nose wheel steering be done? Will keyboard brake commands replace the keyboard rudder commands previously used?

Yes they will. They are already mapped by default ED keys.

Awesome update! but a quick question:

what do you mean by this? Will we not be able to see the det cord inside the cockpit?

Yes you will still see the det cord. We had some anomalies showing down behind the seat when you looked over your shoulder, these have gone.

Edited by Ells228
Hypoxia without oxygen should start much, much lower. Something like 12,000ft MSL is a more accurate number. 33,000ft MSL should have hypoxia setting in 45 seconds after going off oxygen, so without oxygen the pilot shouldn't even be able to reach that altitude. 30 seconds if the pilot just didn't flip on the oxygen switch after takeoff.

But it's a general gripe of mine that hypoxia isn't more modeled. I've tried to induce it but have never been able to.

Sources:

http://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/pilotsafetybrochures/media/oxygen_equipment.pdf

http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Hypoxia_(OGHFA_BN)#Time_of_useful_consciousness_.28effective_performance_time.29

I have been walking in the Andes mountains at 5000 Meters (16400 ft) without oxygen and and spend most of my two weeks there living above 4000 meters (13000 ft), that worked out pretty well, so i don't think hypoxia is a factor at 12000 ft. My 70 year old mom was also there.

Sure the air is thin and you will get tired faster, but you are not going to pass out or get blurry vision.

Pressure cabins in airliners are AFAIK pressurized to the pressure at altitude between 6-8000 ft.

IMG_4120.thumb.JPG.d0d45de6681f4d8264f415c652f0c518.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

So what's the deal with the HUD sight? With what weapons can it be used, and in what modes?

"We carried out many trials to try to find the answer to the fast, low-level intruder, but there is no adequate defense."

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all

I have been walking in the Andes mountains at 5000 Meters (16400 ft) without oxygen and and spend most of my two weeks there living above 4000 meters (13000 ft), that worked out pretty well, so i don't think hypoxia is a factor at 12000 ft. My 70 year old mom was also there.

Sure the air is thin and you will get tired faster, but you are not going to pass out or get blurry vision.

It's a bit of a different thing when you get to the altitude slowly and your body has time to acclimatize, and a different thing when you get there within minutes.

From a pilot's perespective, even if he does not pass out from hypoxia immediately, his ability to concentrate and think clearly will get gradually impaired, even if he doesn't notice it. Check the "The Effects of Hypoxia at Various Altitudes" paragraph here, and also the part about people living in the Andes.

http://www.avweb.com/news/aeromed/181893-1.html

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro