DCS Lightning Variant?

Hi, I would like to know what variant of the BAC Lightning will be modelled in the future? Will it be the F6? It is one of my favourite aircraft and I can't wait for it to be available, even though it will take a long time. :cry:

I would love the F53 or the F55 model as they have ground attack capability as well as everything the F6 could do.

G-AXEE_zpsf7f73050.jpg

:)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Definitely a unique and mind boggling aircraft. I don't think I have seen any other with over-wing pylons.

I'd like to see any of the later versions with the big ventral fuel tank fitted. I don't think the air to ground role is what it is best at, so a pure interceptor is probably going to be top of my list. So I'd opt for the F6.

Truth be told though, whichever variant is made, it'll be a stand out module. Especially if the engine fires and other factors like that are authentically recreated.

This is the one module I am looking forward to the most. This aircraft more than any other brings back memories of visiting air museums with my late father. Flying one at thunder city was on my bucket list but they have sadly ceased operations. One of the old boys at my new flying club was a lightning pilot and so I will no doubt ask him lots of questions!

Good luck with this one VEAO and take your time as there are many of us dreaming of flying this beauty!

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Yeah a trip to Thunder City was on my list too.

I do remember them flying and have seen the display team - what a noise! :D

I have managed to sit in one a good few years ago, they were withdrawn from service later that year was a sad day that.

One of the pilots I know has a good book on the Lightning, published by Firestreak books, he has also got a similar book coming out about the F4 Phantom some time soon.

Lightning_Jacket_zpsnx8iymf2.jpg

Clan Cameron

I always wondered if Rolls Royce was able to complete the RB106 engine that was supposed to be a "drop in replacement" for the Avon engine but with twice the thirst ... sorry, thrust and put a pair of them in the lightning...

The RB.106 was a two-shaft design with two axial flow compressors each driven by its own single stage turbine and reheat. It was of similar size to the Rolls-Royce Avon, allowing it to be used as a drop-in replacement, but it would have produced about twice the thrust at 21,750 lbf (96.7 kN).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_RB106

Clan Cameron

I always wondered if Rolls Royce was able to complete the RB106 engine that was supposed to be a "drop in replacement" for the Avon engine but with twice the thirst ... sorry, thrust and put a pair of them in the lightning...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_RB106

Dont get me started... 1980's upgraded variant is something that would gave been rather good. RB106. New radar and avionics for skyflash. Aim 9's instead of redtop/firesteak etc

I'd like the F.6 with operational datalink (it was tested and worked but the ground stations were never built. Lightning was STILL cosidered an interim solution)

Dont get me started... 1980's upgraded variant is something that would gave been rather good. RB106. New radar and avionics for skyflash. Aim 9's instead of redtop/firesteak etc

I'd like the F.6 with operational datalink (it was tested and worked but the ground stations were never built. Lightning was STILL considered an interim solution)

I have a photo of sidewinders fitted to an F.6 somewhere ...

When the time comes... I'd quite like the possibility of demounting the ventral tank on whatever variant we get. Be nice having greater than 1:1 thrust:weight ratio.

Even if its only enough fuel for one circuit!

Likewise AAR probe being demountable would be nice. Missile launch limitations with the probe fitted are rather severe!

How about (so long as it's realistically feasible) modelling multiple Lightning variants? We could potentially have the lot, (much like SF2). The same goes for the MiG-21 (LNS), Mil Mi-8 (Belsimtek), Su-25 variants (ED).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I would like to see a F6 or even a F53 with its increased air to ground capability. An F3 is a possibility as it was widely produced but my money is on the F6 due to its extra range and cannons making it a better match for the Mig-21.

A T5 would be nice for training but the extra work required to model this over the single seat versions not to mention implementing multicrew makes a T5 high unlikely.

Just my two pence worth!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

I would like to see a F6 or even a F53 with its increased air to ground capability. An F3 is a possibility as it was widely produced but my money is on the F6 due to its extra range and cannons making it a better match for the Mig-21.

A T5 would be nice for training but the extra work required to model this over the single seat versions not to mention implementing multicrew makes a T5 high unlikely.

Just my two pence worth!

F6 is currently planned

Pman

Damn, I will probably end up checking this thread daily for the next 5 years till it is released.