Development update April 2016 - Hawk

Germans have half-liters or liters. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In Berlin you will only get half-liters. One liter beer ("Maß") is something you only get in Bavaria. ;)

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

Just look for a Bavarian Restaurant, they are popular all over Germany.

For example:

Hofbräu Berlin

https://goo.gl/maps/yVhrYgMC1Ez

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yeah, just wanted to say that the one liter of beer is a bavarian thing. :music_whistling::D

Edit: But the menu is looking good, next time when I'm in Berlin I have to go there and try it out. :)

Edited by zebra0312

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

Yeah, it's confusing, in Eastern Austria you have a Krügerl (0.5), Seidl (0.3) and a Pfiff (0.2). In Bavaria you have Maß (1l) and Halbe (0.5), in western Austria only "Halbe" and nobody understands you if you want a "Krügerl".

Wishlist:

Usually the word "beer" plus handgesture for "large" works quite well.

After the first delivery you can judge what "large" means and adjust from there... ;)

Shagrat

Size of beer is one thing, type is another. 'Beer' in the UK technically means a nice English bitter (sort of like a dunkel), but pretty much used day to day for lager (helles/pilsner).

Back on topic, things are looking good for the Hawk, glad to see it finally get to it's expected state after so long, and hopefully now means all the knowledge gained will allow VEAO to start pushing their other (more interesting imo :) ) stuff out of the door faster :)

Iconic meal!

Shagrat

Size of beer is one thing, type is another. 'Beer' in the UK technically means a nice English bitter (sort of like a dunkel), but pretty much used day to day for lager (helles/pilsner).

Actually the distinction between a beer and an ale is rather controversial, and no one can really agree on which is which. Strictly speaking, ale is alleged to be superior to beer, but ask any 2 experts, and you'll get a different answer.

Technically speaking bitter is an ale. Small beer - made from the third infusion of a mash - was the weakest of the usual total of 3 infusions from the days when sparging hadn't become the normal method of extracting wort efficiently. Whether that was the only thing described as beer is shrouded in mystery I believe. The word ale is understood to be Anglo Saxon in origin, but that is all that can really be said with any certainty.

But this of course has nothing to do with the Hawk - apart from the fact that I like ale, and I like the Hawk too!

Hi Chris & team,

Ok downloaded 2.0.2 and took the Hawk round Nellis.

IMHO Totally different handling and the sensation of speed on take off fantastic.

Engine sound much moe immersive, but was that the airframe groaning?

Just got my MFG Crosswinds and ground handling all over the shop.

Just a well we don't have liney's to see us off, I'd have skewere them.

Ground crew would be good...maybe later. But main thing Hawk even more fun

Thank you

Edited by flyingscotsman
Spelling

Yep, she is a beauty to fly with the EFM. Ground handling with the brakes is better, more intuitive than the L-39 or MiG-21, in my oppinion, just take care to gently use the brakes. Don't tap, just hold them 10-15% for a moment. It takes a second to respond.

Overall it was worth the wait, the painful discussions, etc.

We're getting there. :)

Shagrat