New R-27ET behavior?

rami80

Can anyone confirm that the R-27ET has mid course correction as of DCS 1.2.12? I'm getting a launch authorization at 80% Rmax every time, and if I break the lock the missile will sometimes start guiding towards the closest heat source (which is sometimes an amraam lol)

Does it guide at the target? :)

In any case, no one said anything about this AFAIK - lots of strange things have happened in this update. I suspect it is a mistake if the DL is back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If I hold the lock it always guides towards the target(it still goes for the flares though) if the lock is broken the seeker tracks the closest heat source. As I said in the op it will go for other missiles sometimes when the lock is broken.

Is this how the missile behaves in RL? The in-game encyclopedia says it has inertial guidance.

Some people will tell you it behaves one way in RL, others will tell you it behaves otherwise.

The choice was made by ED to remove the DL a long time ago because of information that the radar set does not generate a DL signal for a heat-seeker.

Of course, the caveat is "with those settings" :)

We don't know the performance of the seeker, though from modern missile testing we do know that this type of missile might have some issues with a LOAL shot.

Some things to consider:

Inertial navigation is not datalink.

The missile must have its seeker cooled before launch, and that seeker warms up during time of flight (this is specific to the T/ET for now, but other heaters tend to be subject to this also)

If the radar has a lock on someone, and then applies the M-link, why isn't the RWR screaming 'Launch'? (No, it doesn't matter that it's shooting a heater. How is that different from shooting an RF missile? For the radar set, it's the same thing).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I would say ET seeker became much more sensitive again.

Long shot in the face baby biggrin.gif

I think IR sensors are too much sensitive.

EOS can detect target with AB on far away, flanking or cold

ET get LA much earlier if target AB on

I suggest that R27-ET be banned and out of the use, R27-ER also. They're too dangerous.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Let the Russian pilots keep their new ET range that they seem to be enjoying, but give my Slammers their realistic range and guidance too ;)

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

"AAAH the aim-120 singularity.

The point at which a thread becomes a discussion about the aim-120 "

LOL

It's true - it's like the forums.eagle.ru specific, internet rule #38.666 - any discussion in any thread eventually ends up being about AIM-120

Cheers.

missile behavior has always been a pain. too many variables. one thing get fixed and 2 more get broken.its unavoidable. however, sometimes its hard to tell if the behavior is wrong or if it simply not what you expected.

the way heat seekers behave right know is a great example. they are incredibly more sensitive to flares now. I wonder if it is supposed to be like that or if it is in fact not behaving properly.

LOL

It's true - it's like the forums.eagle.ru specific, internet rule #38.666 - any discussion in any thread eventually ends up being about AIM-120

To be fair nothing in the history of everything could possibly be as wrong as EDs AIM-120.

As well as being the no1 hit when i google 'nerfed', ED's AMRAAM is even listed in the list of time off work excuses. :D

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• 1 month later...

If the radar has a lock on someone, and then applies the M-link, why isn't the RWR screaming 'Launch'? (No, it doesn't matter that it's shooting a heater. How is that different from shooting an RF missile? For the radar set, it's the same thing).

the missile launch warning is triggered by the detection of specific types of radar emissions (known as continuous wave). as the ET does not guide with these, there is no launch warning.

the missile launch warning is triggered by the detection of specific types of radar emissions (known as continuous wave). as the ET does not guide with these, there is no launch warning.

Actually, CW modes are no longer in use, at least not for the fighter radars. The only thing that could trigger a Launch warning on the RWR would be a generation of M-Link by the source radar, but not all RWR sets can pick it up. In reality, every time you get a lock warning (STT), you must assume that you are being shot at. I really miss this in DCS, because it presents some interesting tactical options.