Activation Loop - MiG21 Module.

Phantom_Mark

I changed out my graphics card for a new one a couple days back and have been stuck with the looping activation warning for the MiG21 module ever since, I have had to resort to removing the MiG21 module completely so I can play DCS at all for the moment.

Is this a DCS problem or ??

I have all the other modules apart from the Combined Arms, Mi8 and BF109 , all of the other content works properly and threw no errors ?

I changed out my graphics card for a new one a couple days back and have been stuck with the looping activation warning for the MiG21 module ever since, I have had to resort to removing the MiG21 module completely so I can play DCS at all for the moment.

Is this a DCS problem or ??

I have all the other modules apart from the Combined Arms, Mi8 and BF109 , all of the other content works properly and threw no errors ?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94531

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/activation_wiki/

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So I guess the problem remains, is this a DCS problem, a Starforce problem or what ? and will it likely be fixed in some form one day or ?

Thanks.

I had this problem Mark when i installed my new GPU. I ended up doing a complete re-install a week later because i bought a couple of SSDs and ever since then it was fine.

If you email them they will sort it out for you. I have a email address if you want it. Just PM me. Sadly by the time i got a email from them i had already re-installed everything..

So I guess the problem remains, is this a DCS problem, a Starforce problem or what ? and will it likely be fixed in some form one day or ?

Thanks.

Starforce Activation Issue due to Hardware Change.

Delete the key for the module that's having an issue, and run the _protect.exe as Admin, re-enter your key.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I just ran into the same issue yesterday, and the FAQ referenced here states the following: "Solution is to wipe out activation data from Windows registry", however, there is no explanation as to how exactly that is done... advice?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I just ran into the same issue yesterday, and the FAQ referenced here states the following: "Solution is to wipe out activation data from Windows registry", however, there is no explanation as to how exactly that is done... advice?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/activation_wiki/

There are links for each module at the bottom page. Download the correct file and run it. Then run DCS, play with MiG and it should ask you to activate it. If it doesn't hold shift and launch multiplayer from desktop.

I am having difficulties activating the Mig21. I have been through this process several times. I'll go to a training mission (Like I have with other modules in the past). Before the training mission loads, I enter my key, but the activation screen just locks up. Then I go to the FAQ page mentioned in this thread and disable the Mig21. I have attempted to activate it through the PNCSL file or whatever it is. I tried activating through the "other" means on the activation screen. No matter what I do...the screen locks up. Now I have about 5 activations left.

WHAT GIVES??? I'm at wits end. I even tried going through multiplayer to activation...all a no go.

Not my fix, but it helped me a lot!

I had a similar problem and I have a solution.

First make sure you have your activation key handy somewhere. (in an email or a textfile)

Then, startup "regedit" and look for this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys

Delete it.

quit the regedit program.

Start-up DCS world and select any MiG-21 (quick)mission. DCS will ask for your key again. Copy and paste it from your Email or text file and you should be ready to fly.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

Not my fix, but it helped me a lot!

I had a similar problem and I have a solution.

First make sure you have your activation key handy somewhere. (in an email or a textfile)

Then, startup "regedit" and look for this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys

Delete it.

quit the regedit program.

Start-up DCS world and select any MiG-21 (quick)mission. DCS will ask for your key again. Copy and paste it from your Email or text file and you should be ready to fly.

Which is what the REG Files in the Link I Posted do.