License Management Page

const

Hi

I´m a little lost, even after reading this thread and some others regarding the installation of a BS2 upgrade from BS1.

I´d appreciate some hints on how to proceed.

I bought BS1 standalone (spanish) back when it was available, as my computer wasn´t capable of running DCS World nor BS2.

I installed it with no problems.

I then bought the upgrade to BS2 in one of those holiday sales from ED but didn´t install it as i still had the same limited computer.

Recently that computer died and i got a replacement, installed Win7 64bit and downloaded DCS World 1.2 in order to use the BS2 upgrade i got.

Of course i didn´t deactivate anything as the HD from the old computer got fried.

I see that things have changed a bit (the License Manager) since then and i´m not sure how to proceed.

Do i have to install BS1 prior to attempting to use the BS2 Upgrade?

I see the license shows as being active in my account details but i guess i cannot deactivate it as my former HD is off.

Will this count as installed/active so i can go ahead with the upgrade?

Thanks for any input

Edited by jankov65

I went to the stand-alone version instead of steam. Module manager is working for us allowing the person who owns the keys to fly their module on whatever computer they want in the house by just deselecting the modules they don't have/want.

Edited by pwrmx24

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

Hi

I´m a little lost, even after reading this thread and some others regarding the installation of a BS2 upgrade from BS1.

I´d appreciate some hints on how to proceed.

I bought BS1 standalone (spanish) back when it was available, as my computer wasn´t capable of running DCS World nor BS2.

I installed it with no problems.

I then bought the upgrade to BS2 in one of those holiday sales from ED but didn´t install it as i still had the same limited computer.

Recently that computer died and i got a replacement, installed Win7 64bit and downloaded DCS World 1.2 in order to use the BS2 upgrade i got.

Of course i didn´t deactivate anything as the HD from the old computer got fried.

I see that things have changed a bit (the License Manager) since then and i´m not sure how to proceed.

Do i have to install BS1 prior to attempting to use the BS2 Upgrade?

I see the license shows as being active in my account details but i guess i cannot deactivate it as my former HD is off.

Will this count as installed/active so i can go ahead with the upgrade?

Thanks for any input

What's BS1?

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

Original Black Shark, before DCS World. First integration happened with DCS Black Shark and DCS A-10C through an Upgrade to Black Shark 2.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I pre ordered NTTR when you get one free red flag campaign. And I bought the F-15C campaign. But when I go to get my serial number for the A-10C campaign it tells me it's not available. Did I do something wrong when I bought the F-15C campaign?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awaiting Serial Number

I am a total newbie, but have searched the forums and contacted customer support regarding my purchase of the A-10C Red Flag bundle. I've received e-mails that (1) my order was completed, and (2) my order was paid both on Friday, February 5. The second e-mail also stated I would receive an e-mail with a serial number.

I contacted support yesterday and have had no joy. The responses have been links to FAQs and to check the Module Manager which does not have the serial number. How are serial numbers transmitted? What is the usual wait time?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

I am a total newbie, but have searched the forums and contacted customer support regarding my purchase of the A-10C Red Flag bundle. I've received e-mails that (1) my order was completed, and (2) my order was paid both on Friday, February 5. The second e-mail also stated I would receive an e-mail with a serial number.

I contacted support yesterday and have had no joy. The responses have been links to FAQs and to check the Module Manager which does not have the serial number. How are serial numbers transmitted? What is the usual wait time?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

First you should check your account on http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Upper right LOGIN use the same credentials you use in DCS / Multiplayer.

After login you have "My Profile" available. On the right you should see all your ED store purchases.

Search for the Red Flag Campaign and click on Details. That should bring up the activation Key...

If there is no entry for the campaign in the purchases list, you need to wait/contact support to sort it out!

I had my A-10C Red Flag Campaign processed and showing up in the store so in general the keys should be in the database after purchase...

Oh, you did the purchase with the same account you use to login to DCS World, right? That is important, to bind the Key to the correct account.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Partial Joy

Through the use of the Module Manager, I have been able to obtain a serial number that activates the A-10C module. However, I still can obtain no information to activate either the Red Flag Campaign or the Nevada terrain. Becoming more and more frustrated.

rlsjudex

Did you look up your profile on http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com?

Do you have the Nevada and RedFlag purchase showing up there?

If yes, go to details and check the keys. You can manually activate Nevada and Red Flag if necessary with these keys.

Shagrat

• 10 months later...

So, we can't bind our serial numbers to new accounts anymore, at least I can't. Is there a way that I may consolidate all of my DCS Add-ons on to one account, now? Right now, in order for me to play with the Spitfire, I have to deactivate all of my other modules, activate the Spitfire, restart DCS and log into a new profile. I would like to have all my stuff on one account to avoid this. Thanks for your consideration of my question! :)

• ED Team

you can check your keys here and bind them if valid to your account

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

you can gift keys using the support ticket wizard here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?add=Y

If you have a query about your keys contact support.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

you can check your keys here and bind them if valid to your account

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

you can gift keys using the support ticket wizard here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?add=Y

If you have a query about your keys contact support.

thanks

Thank you very much, BIGNEWY! :)

I when trough the is tidious process and it make you loose you modules. The problem with that system is that if you give YOUR key you will have to buy a new module for you and re install it. That of course if you want to give a module you don't like that fine. But not if you love your module and want to purchase a few to fly with friend.

I think a simple buy for a friend option will easier

my 2 cent

• ED Team
I tried this. It does not work. ED support just closed my ticket.

PM me with the ticket number and I will check.

Edit, your ticket has been replied to.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 months later...

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since I first asked the question about buying a module and giving it to a friend.

I have 3 copies of BS2 and want to give one to a friend. Is that still possible with the procedure outlined on pages 1 & 2? Thought I saw somewhere where you could no longer do that. Is that true? Is there anyway to give a friend a spare copy?

TIA

Clutter

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.