Question about merging Steam and non-steam downloads

TXSailor

So far, all of the modules I have are Steam. I have seen mentioned in a news sticky that you can use steam licenses in non-steam DCS world, but not vise versa. My question is, with the steam downloads, would I have to re-download the modules and then enter the steam license keys? Or just download DCS world from ED, and then run as usual?

Additionally, will all of the ED downloads be available on steam? I like the ability to have all of my games on the same system, as I've lost discs and codes too many times in the past otherwise, but I've seen mention of new maps coming (Hormuz) and this campaign-selling system on EDs website, but no word on steam availability.

Not fully sure I understand the questions.

Steam-purchased keys work on the ED distribution just as if they were purchased directly from ED. But yes, to use the ED distribution you would indeed have to download it, same as you would have to download the Steam distribution if you want to use that one. The difference is that with a Steam purchase, you DO have the option of purchasing on Steam, NOT downloading on Steam, but rather using said key with the ED distribution of the DCS World platform.

"ED downloads" being available on Steam is a question I don't understand either. Do you mean the modules themselves - then most likely yes, most products will also be released on Steam, but a key purchased on the ED site will not be recognized by the Steam platform, wherefore you will not be able to download it through Steam.

Note that you have no risk of losing any disks or anything. Indeed, you can download pretty much everything from the DCS website without even logging in! It is "simply" activation that requires the purchased serial number. (I do not know exactly how this will apply to things like maps and campaigns, however.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester