Su-25T Tutorial with Voiceover

Hello all.

I've uploaded a new tutorial with voiceover to my website called "Su-25T: Orientation". It is an introduction to the SU-25T's cockpit instrumentation, general flight characteristics, ACS (4 of 6 autopilot modes),and basic HUD navigation. I won't have time to update my website to reflect it until Sunday. But for anyone interested, here is the direct link: Su-25T Orientation

You will need LOMAN to install this tutorial. Get it here if you need it: LOMAN 2.1

IMPORTANT: If the track plays but you DO NOT hear the voiceover, move the files to a directory outside of your Lock On installation. I don't know why but sometimes voice files refuse to play back when installed in Lock On. I haven't been able to hear any since last October after a change to the program. Others, however, have reported no such problem. Go figure.

BTW, the tutorial runs approximately 45 minutes. Hopefully everyone will find something worthwhile inside.

Since this is my first tutorial for distribution since V1.1's release, it'll be interesting to see how it plays on different machines. Hopefully it'll be okay. It took far too long to create.

Enjoy,

Rich

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Trouble getting it to work. I got a yellow flag when I installed it in Loman. That shows an incomplete install. I went into LO anyway to see if it would play. I found it and selected it, but I don't get a fly button..:(

Buzz

with the 1.1 arriving in a couple of days i say:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lockon_sig_mbryo.jpg

PowerColor 256MB Radeon X800 XT Platinum | Asus A8V Deluxe Rev. 2.0 Sockel 939 | AMD Athlon64 3500+ 2.2GHZ Boxed S 939 WI | 1024MB DDRRAM Corsair TWINX 3200C2 | Audigy 2 ZS | Levicom SPS-550XPE-P

TRACKIR3PRO + Vector Expansion | SAITEK X-45

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience ...

Guest ruggbutt

Buzz, when you get to the main menu choose Open Mission. Then at the bottom right there's a pull down menu, choose Track Files. Navigate to the "Training" folder. Click on that and you'll see a black and yellow icon next to Ironhand's track. Hit CTRL+P to play the track. Also, I had to reinstall my original Config folder (I always save one) because I highly modify my snap views and such, so the tracks don't play back well. Usually they get stuck on the first view. If this happens contact me. I'll upload the stock folder for d/l so you can watch the tracks.

Ironhand, this tutorial is typical of your work. It's fantastic. I can spend tons of time w/the manual but I always come away w/a better working knowledge after watching one of your tracks. Thanks!

<S!>

Thanks for the excellent tutorial !

I made the track selectable from the training menu. :D See this pic.

trngmenu6ta.th.jpg

Here is the steps to make it happen.

1.Copy and rename the files as below.

\Missions\Training\Ironhand\Su-25T\Su-25T_Orientation\Su-25T_Orientation_Ironhand.trk ---> \Missions\Tracks\Training\training0609.trk

\Missions\Training\Ironhand\Su-25T\Su-25T_Orientation\Su-25T_Orientation_Ironhand.sbt ---> \Missions\Tracks\Training\training0609.sbt

2.Copy and rename the folder that holds sound files.

\Missions\Training\Ironhand\Su-25T\Su-25T_Orientation\Su-25T_Orientation_Ironhand ---> \Missions\Tracks\Training\training0609

3.Download the attached text (Rght-click + save as...).

Replace \FUI\Resources\trainingdata.txt by it. (Backup the original first!)

And that's it. I think this is the place it should be! ;)

trainingdata.txt

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Crud! It looks like i'm the only sap who can't get this working. Loman doesn't install all of it. Are you guys getting the same thing?

I can get the track to load, but it doesn't do anything. No sound, and it just sits there.:(

Buzz

yeah Buzz--same thing was happening to me--don't hit the FLY button--load the track file per instructions earlier in thread--go to map, then hit CTL and P at the same time--then it should load as a track--not as a flyable mission.

Thanks all. Glad it seems to be working for everyone (big sigh of relief) and you're finding it useful and enjoyable. :) For those of you with "yellow" LOMAN installs, please check and one of you let me know if voice files "Voice019.wav" and "Voice188.wav" in the 'Su-25T_Orientation_Ironhand' folder are 7 KB long. If they are only 1 KB, then I accidently uploaded the wrong version. I was getting a 'yellow' install myself when I tested the installation process until I altered those two files.

TekaTeka,

Nice find. I never knew trainingdata.txt existed. :) I'll leave it to folks to move it into the Training Menu on their own, though, if they so desire. It makes me nervous to be messing around altering standard files (trainingdata.txt) during an install.

Keep flying,

Rich

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

All I can say is WOW, thanks again Ironhand.

Learning from the master in a training mission is so much better than reading the manual.

And if you can find the time please keep those Su-25T training mission tracks coming.

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Thanks Ironhand for another amazing piece of work! Please keep them coming!

And also thanks to TekaTeka for his help in getting it to run as a normal training mission.

Do either of you ever sleep? ;)

Now that's out of the way, I wonder what I did wrong to install it. :icon_lol:

I did a Loman install with a yellow flag result. I then followed TekaTeka's post in making it a normal training mission. Worked first time go! Sweet! At least I thought it was at first.

After takeoff I noticed that I had no HUD indications of:

-Navigation Mode

-Waypoints / Distances / Desired Airspeed / Desired Altitude

-Steering Circle

Also the aircraft crashed very soon after demonstrating the Radar Altitude Hold but the sound track (with mouse overlay) continued?

Obviously I did something in error. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

Rich,

I have a question. A few times you didn't follow what the steering circle was telling you, because you said you'd hit the trees if you did. What if you were flying at night or bad weather? Is the steering circle not 100% reliable?

Buzz

Guest ruggbutt

The altitude is what was the issue. The autopilot doesn't terrain navigate down low very well, so he raised his altitude while still following w/Route Following mode. The AP will fly you into a hill if you let it.