New Tutorial: Winning the Duel

Quick post to let folks know that there's a new tutorial up on my site. Another tutorial geared toward the beginner, it's called "R-27ER VS AIM-120: Winning the SARH vs ARH Duel". It considers the BVR A2A engagement. Among other things the flight will hopefully leave you with a rudimentary understanding of the SPO-15 Radar Warning System and some idea of how to survive an encounter with an AIM-120 toting F-15C.

Edit: Version FC V1.11 with voiceover.

Enjoy.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Will it work with 1.11? I love your stuff, but I don't know how to uninstall the patch to run them..:(

Yup. Just edited my original post to indicate that.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

is a voice tuturial?

Yes. Guess I need to re-edit my original post to reflect that, too. :)

I shouldn't be doing this from work. I'm in too much of a rush.

Rich

_____

I've just watched it. Another high quality tutorial. Thanks, Ironhand!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I installed it with LOman but the sound doesnt play... whats wrong?

but anyway awesome tutorial, now evading AIM-120s is a joke ^_^

SniperRu,

Try unzipping it yourself without using LoMan. I haven't been using LoMan to package the FC 1.1x tutorials, so it's not specifically LoMan compatible. Once you've unzipped it, move the Surviving the Duel folder to where you want it and try again. See if that makes a difference.

Until they tweak it for V1.12 (assuming they tweak it), it's child's play to defeat an AI launched AIM-120. A human player would handle the situation differently-- at least I hope he would. You'd have a much more difficult time online I'm sure.

To all,

Thank you. Glad it's proving beneficial. It's always a challenge to figure out how much to put in.

Rich

_____

Great job!! Hearing your voice while watching that tutorial takes me back to Flanker :)

Also, his voice sounds sexy! (or that is what my mom says) ;-)

Seriously, thanks for your great work! Your tutorials are one of the best parts of the sim.

S!

...Hearing your voice while watching that tutorial takes me back to Flanker.

Thanks. I've been producing these for awhile now, haven't I?

...his voice sounds sexy! (or that is what my mom says).

So. Got a picture? :)

Is the server down? I can't get in.

Evidently it was. But it's up now.

Rich

_____

Damn... tried this method like ten+ times now, and I can avoid the first 120 almost every time but my missiles never hit the target, and yes I do keep him locked up... the only times I've taken the Eagle down is when I get close enough to toss a few heaters after him, actually I've gotten him two times with heaters after he got me, hehe. Never come out of the duel in one peice though :(

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Damn... tried this method like ten+ times now, and I can avoid the first 120 almost every time but my missiles never hit the target, and yes I do keep him locked up... the only times I've taken the Eagle down is when I get close enough to toss a few heaters after him, actually I've gotten him two times with heaters after he got me, hehe. Never come out of the duel in one peice though :(

If he ducks your first two missiles, you're in for a wild ride. :) That's why I usually put a third missile in the air as I pull through the roll--need to keep him defensive--and start throwing out armfuls of chaff if I don't see the kill. If you time things right, he needs to duck again before his missile can track.

...perchance...do you have anything from the F15's perspective?

To be honest, F-15 tutorials will be awhile in coming. I have spent virtually no time in its cockpit. In fact, I'm not even sure which instruments are where. I keep hoping someone else will step up to the plate for that one.

Rich

_____

Ironhand,

really, really nice to see you're back with top quality tutorials!! I have no idea on how huge is the work you spent in making your voice overs but I hope you have more to show us!!!

thanks endless times!!!

P.S.> What's in your plans for future tutorials?

=FN= Six o'Clock

Member of Falcões da Noite Squadron

Florianopolis :: Brazil

Ironhand,

really, really nice to see you're back with top quality tutorials!! I have no idea on how huge is the work you spent in making your voice overs but I hope you have more to show us!!!

thanks endless times!!!

P.S.> What's in your plans for future tutorials?

yea really good..I personally find them so much easier to learn from ;)

thx.:)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

Ironhand should be a mandatory part of **ANY** Eagle Dynamics title, he should be hired to take care of the training section since the old Flanker days...

Iron: you deserve it!!! If I was a ED C.E.O. i would say the job is yours, hehe!! ;)

=FN= Six o'Clock

Member of Falcões da Noite Squadron

Florianopolis :: Brazil

...he should be hired to take care of the training section since the old Flanker days...

Thank you. Actually, ED did ask me to do the LOMAC training tutorials along with Shepski. We started and then I had to back out very early due to personal reasons. Everything fell into poor Shepski's lap. I'm still totally in awe at what he was able to create on his own. His was a monumental achievement.

I was also asked to help with Flaming Cliffs and was able to complete the A-10 tutorials. These days, though, it's probably best for me to produce what I can when I can.

Rich

_____