Finally, a New Tutorial

Hi folks,

Just a quick note to let you know that, at long last, there's a new tutorial with voiceover on my website. Called "Outmaneuvering SAMs" (Flaming Cliff V1.11), it deals with, well, er, outmaneuvering SAMs. Aimed at our less experienced pilots, it's goal is to help them understand how SAMs fly and how to use three-dimensional space to defeat these missiles.

In the tutorial you are flying an A-10 and are challenged by a Tunguska SA-19 Air Defense System (ADS) battalion. You'll find it on the "Suppression of Air Defenses" page. Hope it plays back correctly. Hope you enjoy it.

Rich

• Like 3

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Guest ruggbutt

The "toot" kicks ass. A couple of times there are 5 missiles launched simultanously chasing Ironhand. He throws them off without the use of ECM or countermeasures. The first launch of 5 missiles had a nice bracket, too bad they were 500 feet below his A10. ;)

Nice work once again Rich. <S!>

Thank You. Cannot wait to see it (especially as an A-10 Pilot).

Btw: did you think about to generate AVI-Movies? Because the older Tutorials will propably not run with Lomac FC 1.11.

With movies your fantastic tutorials will not loose worth with every patch. I would really enjoy that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

Btw: did you think about to generate AVI-Movies? Because the older Tutorials will propably not run with Lomac FC 1.11.

With movies your fantastic tutorials will not loose worth with every patch. I would really enjoy that.

Exactly. Like the F-Pole movie.

Thanks Ironhand!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thanks guys. I certainly hope to make more as time allows.

I've considered going the movie route but that's one more trick this old dog would have to learn (it's a time issue again) and file sizes end up huge. But I am considering it.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

How do I install it to get the sound to work?

That's my fault. Sorry. I was too tired last night and should have waited until this morning to package and upload it.

There are two solutions: 1) Download it again. I corrected my packaging mistake this morning and the new zip file will now unpack correctly. 2) Or, if you don't want to dowload it a 2nd time, create a folder with the same file name as the track (Outmaneuvering_SAMs-Ironhand) and put the OGG files into it. That should solve the problem.

Rich

_____

That's my fault. Sorry. I was too tired last night and should have waited until this morning to package and upload it.

There are two solutions: 1) Download it again. I corrected my packaging mistake this morning and the new zip file will now unpack correctly. 2) Or, if you don't want to dowload it a 2nd time, create a folder with the same file name as the track (Outmaneuvering_SAMs-Ironhand) and put the OGG files into it. That should solve the problem.

Rich

Ok, thanks.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Thanks, Ironhand! Great to see that knowledge combined good piloting can get the job done. I usually pop chaff like a madman and still get my clock cleaned.

HEC 435W PSU | ASRock 939Dual SATA2 | AMD64 3700+ | 2G PC3200 DDR RAM

ASUS X1950PRO 256MB | Audigy 2 | Saitek X45 | CH Pro Pedals | Track IR3 Pro

Guest ruggbutt
Thanks guys. I certainly hope to make more as time allows.

I've considered going the movie route but that's one more trick this old dog would have to learn (it's a time issue again) and file sizes end up huge. But I am considering it.

Rich

Rich, if you want I think I can do that with the movies for you. It would take a while to do but it wouldn't be a huge problem. Email me at teambsr at cox dot net if you'd like me to do this.

Sierra Hotel!

Excellent work! Awesome Training Track. :icon_jook

I did have a small glitch installing the track using LoMan ver 4.

It did install but with an error message and it installed in an unusual location.

I'm guessing its an issue between LoMan 2.1 and LoMan 4.

Anyone else have this problem?

So I do go ahead and use LoMan4 to repackage the track.

Anyone that wants a LoMan4 version of Ironhand's excellent track can get it here.

http://uploadhut.com/view.php/411729.zip

Thanks for yet another great track Ironhand.

You think that you might be able to do anotherone on a2a missile evation sometime in the future? (thats compatible with 1.11)

or maybe what missile to use on what occasion and why it has advantages over the otherones?

Either way, thanks for your efforts man :)

sig-YF19a.jpg

Hi Ruggbutt,

Thanks for the offer. I'd be interested in seeing how that would work out. I'll probably get in touch tomorrow.

WhiskeyRomeo,

Your difficulty probably stemmed from the fact that I didn't use LoMan to package it. It's a simple zip file.

NEODARK,

I'll see what I can do. It'a all a matter of what time I'll have and when I'll have it.

To all,

Thanks for your kind words.

Rich

_____

I'm anxiously awaiting tutorials for BVR. I'm curious how the aces do it online. My kill skore aint grand lately!:biggrin:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Looking for you tutorials a looong time Ironhands!!!! :)

Congrats for your superb work!

We support ANY new tutorial, your voiceover is simply the best!

Thanks again.

=FN= Six o'Clock

Member of Falcões da Noite Squadron

Florianopolis :: Brazil

So... anyone know how to get forests like in the tutorial?

I looked at the map where the tutorial took place, but there were no forrests :(

The forests are a function of the graphics settings you're using within the sim. I have LOMAC pretty much maxed out. I forget exactly which setting provides the forests, though.

Rich

_____