Will BS have Air Taffic Control?

Blacknemisis

I heard similar question on forum and the answer was not so complicated, rather simple, IIRC.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

IMHO the ATC in F4:AF is good enough (I have no experience in LOMAC sorry...don't worry though, I will be buying FC ASAP after the new year period since I'm so excited about DCS)..

not sure what is involved ATC wise with rotaries though..don't really need approach vectors for runways..I guess airspace clearance and safe heights?

I think it'd be nice with more (interactive) radio chatter in general (than lo fc).. But it's allways nice with "more" :P

I flew with my brother once (a little schweizer 300c), then we'd taxi to the runway (hovering) and takeoff from the runway and exit the pattern just like a plane, same thing when we landed.. I think it usually works that way with civilian airports and helis?

If it was realistic. Personally, I would rather see in some future rendition of this series the ability to overhear other units and receive requests from them.

It would also be neat to be able to get a target visually acquired in the cross hairs for a second and call an air strike. This would simulate verbally describing the location of the target (not designation - which would be a different matter entirely). Even just being able to call for help from jets or to signal loitering jets when it was time for them to attack via the comms menus would be nice.

I am sure they have thought of that. That was one of the things I liked in LD2. call in some atry on inf/soft targets.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• ED Team

ATC for DCS: Black Shark will be similar to what we had in earlier in Lock On but with expanded possible messages and level of detail within those messages. For FAC messages, it is pretty easy to create messages using the area and message trigger system.

For later iterations of DCS, we plan to include AI to AI radio chatter. In fact, the script design has been complete for a very detailed AI to Player and AI to AI message system. All in good time though, the key to remember that DCS is an evolving system that will grow over time and iterations.

For later iterations of DCS, we plan to include AI to AI radio chatter. In fact, the script design has been complete for a very detailed AI to Player and AI to AI message system. All in good time though, the key to remember that DCS is an evolving system that will grow over time and iterations.

That is a GOOD thing :thumbup: Thanks Wags

Regards!

For FAC messages, it is pretty easy to create messages using the area and message trigger system.

Excellent!

Will we be able to associate triggers with events too, such as the destruction of a unit?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even better!

I can see some very interactive seeming radio calls for Close Air Support coming on... :D

I can't resist, one more question...

Can the triggers be nested?

i.e. If A=true & B=true then do C...?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even better!

I can see some very interactive seeming radio calls for Close Air Support coming on... :D

I'd guess that once the triggers are implemented, it'd be very simple to make such conditions possible...

I'm very curious to hear more about it too, and am looking forward to some very immersive missions indeed :D

• ED Team
Even better!

Right now the ME is still in development so I'm a bit reluctant to go into exact features (things can still change). One thing is for certain though is that with the new ME code base (based in .lua), which is MUCH more easy to modify and add to than the old Lock On, will allow the ME to grow in functionality with new iterations. Once the ME is finalized we'll discuss the features in depth for the DCS:BS.

Can we actually use triggers to design this kind of event in mission editor?:

Players intercept enemy AI plane, while flying close by its wing (at range) they receive an option while tuned to some generic frequency, and have a dialogue option to force the plane to follow them or land at designated airport? (enemy plane will not be shot by player's team air defenses if it surrenders).

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Definately theres alot more needed for ATC eg declare emergency. I think as a minimum the AI should also be heard like in Falcon as well. If it followed F4AFs routine taxi,hold short, takeoff and maybe some of FSXs options were added as well it would be perfect.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]