OT air trafic control

hi,

This is abit off topic but figured one of you may have a clue about the topic. I have a friend who is looking at possibly taking corses to become an air trafic controler I'm thinking the best path would be to go into the military. Any how long story short do the civilian traning program have good recods on geting ATC jobs or are most taken by USAF ATC?

-Typo

Thats the worlds #1 rated most stressful job with the highest suicide rate amongst the working force, lol...sure he wants to do so??

lol. actually, there was an ATC mishap not too long ago. this guy needed to releave himself durring his shift, so, i put some guy in his place while he want to the bathroom. the moron placed incharge made a huge mess of the airport durring the short, (or long time I dont know... :pain: ) the guy was on the john. the planes got all confused and stuff. kinda embarising for moth Air Traffic controllers.

so, i say this, if he wants to be an Airtrafic controller, fine, but go before your shift. (and avoid liquids as well... :drink: )

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Thats the worlds #1 rated most stressful job with the highest suicide rate amongst the working force, lol...sure he wants to do so??

I'm trying to make sure I am giving her the right advice on this I know the turn over rate is prety high and I don't want her to give up on her goal to get into an engineering graduate program.

ps i once applied for the Australian ATC program and it was the hardest interview process I have ever been through, particularly the aptitude tests. They played loud music while you were doing a bunch of dead reckoning equations in your head then interrupted you at random internvals. This went on for a whole day. I was ready to get up and leave after 20 mins!!

Found it much more diffuclt than twin engine single pilot IFR flight tests, even with a silly ex RAAF instructor who insisted on trying to stress you out as much as possible!!

I used to have to communicate quite a lot with the tower while in the Marines.. But sure, once you get out of Air/Fram.. You had your pick of what Aviation MOS that you wanted to specialize in... I chose to be a tech on the flight line... I could have taken ATC but wasn't interested..

The other one that I thought about was parachute rigger... But you pack your own chute, and then jump.. :music_whistling: If I had to jump that was ok, but I didn't really want to go to jump school ..

So yeah... the military is without a doubt the best training for ATC, and if you decide not to make it a carer of it you can shoehorn your self into a civilian airport...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

LOL Why would a dentist be rated exceptionally high in strss level/ suicide rate? Every job has some level of stress, but cmon- dentist?

That's just plain asinine.

Didn't know breath could be that bad

• Like 1

lol, ya, that could be it.

didn't thing of that, good one.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices