An interface idea for after? Black Shark

Now that ED is working on completing LO:BS and probably gearing up for the next generation, I'd like to return to an learning aid I've posted before.

But it's VERY Optional, of course, for the experienced sim flyer. Repeat, Optional and can be switched off

When learning to fly a sim, or re-learning, I'd want to get a response to every key I hit so that I know exactly what I've done. Why not? It's modern. In Real Life you do get responses. Maybe not in Big Bold Letters, but in a sim - Why not?

Hitting a '6', I should get a message= Air to Ground Mode: Mk82

Hitting a 'D', I should get a message= A2G: Cycle to Mk84

IL2/Pacific Fighters has this with the messages that scroll and then disappear on the Right-hand side. This allows me to jump into any plane, even complex bombers, and play around in the sky while learning. I agree that the deepness of the modern jet doesn't make it an exact comparison but WOW I think it'd make a great difference to learning. It'd be a great help to newbs(bless their little hearts) and those who are returning and trying to get up-to-speed.

Since ED is building some systems from scratch with the next project, I felt it was the correct time to re-post this idea. It even might be an aid in debugging, once it's debugged :)

I call this a Verbose Response system. See my full Verbose Response Editorial.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Nice idea, if this feature can be switched off.

But it would be very cool, if possible to divert the camera view (A-10, Su-25T, BS) to a second screen.

The secondary display coul be a small 8"TFT for example or just an old CRT... It would be cool to have special key commands to change the view on the second screen between, MFD, TV-monitor, Instrument-View, or any other pre defined view. Maybe als the outside views like flyby-view.

My vision is a small 8th inch TFT Touchscreen that will be programmed with a little (self-made) GUI for key commands. But It would also be grweat to be able to switch between the "self-programmed" GUI and the secondary displays, like Maverick TV-Cam, Instrument closeUpView...

Would'nt that be cool ;o)

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Its nice to see you back Zoom Boy....

Yes I agree this could be a very helpful learning tool ..........

But with the limited staff at ED I think that they're attention needs to be optmized...

So many aspects still need to be addressed such as the mission editor for just one example....

Then there's the AI issues for another......

I personally like to fly offline and would really like to see this fixed which I'm sure will require quite a bit of man hours.....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Its nice to see you back Zoom Boy....

Yes I agree this could be a very helpful learning tool ..........

But with the limited staff at ED I think that they're attention needs to be optmized...

So many aspects still need to be addressed such as the mission editor for just one example....

Then there's the AI issues for another......

I personally like to fly offline and would really like to see this fixed which I'm sure will require quite a bit of man hours.....

Blaze

As a long-time user of the Mission Editor, I can see the desire to upgrade both AI and the ME. But as Ed is taking the time, on the next project, to do various AFMs, designing and attaching a verbose system is a reasonable use of time as the keypresses have to be analyzed and sent to the AFM anyway.

And as it's likely those key-press messages would be used in debugging(showing the current AFM responses), it would be a debugging bonus to have a verbose response in fine-tuning the AFM's and could be easily adapted for gamers.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]