Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

Thanks.

I started the data collection after christmas in 2008. The 3D modeling started at march in 2009. So basically the final FC2 full mod is finished at 31months.

The exact working hours from tools logs:

3D Max: 3107

Photoshop: 1030

Other tool: 917

Estimated time that I spend:

Data collections: 250

Manual: 90

Test: 410

Other: 320

Overal: ~6124hr

It's only my time that I spend for this mod. I have many contact who help my daily work. Their times not count in this overall hr's.

Unbelievable dedication Beczl, as well from the people who help you.

Lets hope people also get some more respect for the people over @ ED.

To put things a bit in context, if you assume 40hrs working week then it represents over 153 weeks of work. So almost 3 years.

WITHOUT HOLIDAYS.

RESPECT BECZL. you made an AWESOME mod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just flew with a squadmate online and found some bugs, at least I didn't see anything about that in the manual:

- The EOS works

- target designator moves left-right

- HUD range is selectable same as for other russian planes from 5 to 500km

- G-limiter doesn't work. I can pull like crazy, g-load goes extremely high, AOA goes in the red sector, a/c looses speed extremely fast (like 100km/h per sec). I was able to do some sort of a cobra.

All is OK in single player - no EOS, no left-right slew of the TDC, only 25km HUD range, g-limiter works normally.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Thanks.

I started the data collection after christmas in 2008. The 3D modeling started at march in 2009. So basically the final FC2 full mod is finished at 31months.

The exact working hours from tools logs:

3D Max: 3107

Photoshop: 1030

Other tool: 917

Estimated time that I spend:

Data collections: 250

Manual: 90

Test: 410

Other: 320

Overal: ~6124hr

It's only my time that I spend for this mod. I have many contact who help my daily work. Their times not count in this overall hr's.

These numbers are mind boggling! These numbers show what many on this forum are not aware about, and that is, it takes extraordinary amount of time and dedication to make something work.

I sincerely appreciate your and your team effort in creating this mod. I know for a fact that your team has the most qualified experts about MIG 21BIS. With a little bit of assistance from Eagle Dynamics, your work deserves to be a paid add on in DCS series.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Unbelievable dedication Beczl, as well from the people who help you.

Lets hope people also get some more respect for the people over @ ED.

To put things a bit in context, if you assume 40hrs working week then it represents over 153 weeks of work. So almost 3 years.

WITHOUT HOLIDAYS.

RESPECT BECZL. you made an AWESOME mod

+1

Unbelievable dedication. They should have a mod of the year award given to you.

Speed is life !!!

v2.1

night cockpit...

postyk.jpg

and still some minor issues if check out the zoom correctly... when u start afb for a second you can see like that, and also near the pilot is a bug, which is always visible, 4 me at least

mig21q.jpg

Edited by neutryno

@Airtito: These features also limited in online play. Unfortunately I have no time online flying. We have to check it..

@159th_Falcon, =4c= Hajduk Veljko: Thanks guys. Yeah this project almost fillfull my freetime the last two weeks. But I think the ED has an own project plan and he has limited resources also. So I think unfortunately this (or other complex) mod never be an official addon.

@neutryno: The Night cockpit issue should be belong some temp files in /bazar/world/Temptextures. you should delete all Mig-21 related bmp from this dir as well.

The second one is a common FC2 issue and caused by some videocard/Screen resolution related settings. Could you send me your Video card type, driver nr, your graphics setting for furter analysys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven434th viewpost.gif

I've tried 3 different downloads of this mod ,but every one of them has a problem with the hud info.I'm missing most of the data and I have no radar screen.Could this be a patch issue??(I'm patched to 1.2.1 to run with blackshark)What can I do to maybe fix this?

"Do you try a fresh install than patch it to 1.2.1? Your problem should be caused by some corrupt file"

I actually tried this before I posted...downloaded it from 3 different locations,fresh install etc etc.Tried it with both patches1.2 and 1.2.1.I do notice in modman that 1 file remains red ,its the mig29A-1.cmd file.Strange thing is all the other cockpits work and the mig21 pit seems normal except for the hud.Animations,lights all seem fine.I wonder if its a particular graphics setting that could be causing it?Its almost as if the hud graphics are partially missing or arent adjusting to the resolution properly.I can see the designation cursor on the hud,I get the boresite symbol,and a "U" shaped ground mode,but nothing else.I'll post a screenshot.I'm perplexed.:huh:

ScreenShot_006.jpg

ScreenShot_007.jpg

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

That worked;)...Now the question is ...why did it not install properly via Modman???What would cause that particular file NOT to be placed in the shapes folder???:huh:

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

That worked;)...Now the question is ...why did it not install properly via Modman???What would cause that particular file NOT to be placed in the shapes folder???:huh:

I don't know it should be caused by the wrong Modman version, settings or general issue in FC2. Who knows??

i guess there is a problem with FM, when you r in a high turn rate,.. it just gets somewhere like laggy, a laggy turn. similar in turn to su-17

Sorry I don't understand what's the problem with it. :-o

Edited by beczl

Not a big thing. But I noticed that none of the other planes have a afterburner effect still. Is this something you are going to be able to fix.

• Like 1

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Feels equally good for me V2.0 and 2.1 in single player. If you pull hard (more than 8.5G) there is a stick pusher which pushes forward the stick and decreases the G-load. That doesn't work online and you can pull as much as you want reaching extremely high AOA and bleeding speed like crazy.

The 21 doesn't like high AOA, hence the yellow and red sectors. Try not to increase AOA above 12-15 deg in a turn fight. The buffet is a pure indication that your turn rate suffers pretty much.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Not a big thing. But I noticed that none of the other planes have a afterburner effect still. Is this something you are going to be able to fix.

The other plane afterburner cones are invisible due the AFB cone position is hardcoded so that’s the only way to we can simulate the Mig-21 AFB. That's the most standard issue with custom plane mod...

Thank you for the info. And thank you for the mod. I agree with Tito about the single player performance on this plane. Great work.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i guess there is a problem with FM, when you r in a high turn rate,.. it just gets somewhere like laggy, a laggy turn. similar in turn to su-17

Mig-21 is not Su-27 it was designed as a high speed interceptor and it works well that way. Because of its small delta wing configuration its bleeds energy very fast at high turn rates and then will not turn at very low speed.

Another idea :)

would be great if we could, that would transfer to a higher type of aircraft subject to the exercises performed on a lower plane type. Suppose you should first do exercises with turboprop aircraft type Zlin, only then could fly with Mig21. After a certain number of hours only with MIg29 and then with Su. For example, career mode ... From school to the professional pilot

Just for info, great book for MIG21 - Mikoyan MIG21 (Yefim Gordon, Keith Dexter, Dmitry Komissarov).

I have all of Mig-21 related paperbook. Yefim book has a lot of misinfo and stolen/photoshoped pics also contain a 50% wrong technical and other datas.

All of my information that I insert into this mod is based on my real experience with Mig-21 and official non-public operation, tech manual, pilot log books, and real and retired pilots F2F discussion and instruction as well.

Mig-21 is not Su-27 it was designed as a high speed interceptor and it works well that way. Because of its small delta wing configuration its bleeds energy very fast at high turn rates and then will not turn at very low speed.

sorry mate, but you don't understand what i'm trying to say! but it's ok:)

sorry mate, but you don't understand what i'm trying to say! but it's ok:)

He is saying that the behaviour you describe is normal for that type of aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think this is by far the most complete mod of an aircraft... since it came out I have only been playing around with MiG-21 just flying around and enjoying the view so to say ;) and I haven't even touched FC2 or DCS :) It's just so nice to fly a jet I've been impressed with since I was a kid

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

I think this is by far the most complete mod of an aircraft... since it came out I have only been playing around with MiG-21 just flying around and enjoying the view so to say ;) and I haven't even touched FC2 or DCS :) It's just so nice to fly a jet I've been impressed with since I was a kid

+1 :thumbsup:

Speed is life !!!