Are you using VR Headset (Oculus Rift, Vive, etc) in DCS?

Kuky

Are you using VR Headset (Oculus Rift, Vive, etc) in DCS?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using VR Headset (Oculus Rift, Vive, etc) in DCS?

• YES
    • N/A

EDIT:

Please use this poll to vote ONLY if you have any kind of VR Headset (not important which one) in DCS

The poll is only meant to be used as a counter, to give indication of how many people have migrated to using VR in DCS... nothing else.

If you don't have one, please do not vote... the poll needs to have minimum of 2 options, which is why the N/A options is there.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Would have been even more interesting to see how many Rift and Vive users there are...

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Yes, that's indeed a very interesting point!

However, the info how many users use the Vive, Rift or even other HMDs would have come basically for free. Could be interesting for the developers as well ;)

Anyway, thanks for raising the poll. I'll be watching with great interest.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Maybe the results will be a bit skewed in this particular sub-forum?

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Yes, that's what I thought too initially. But I think the idea behind it, was just to see, how many users in total use HMDs.

So the second option N/A is only a placeholder which should not be used. Hence the percentage not really significant in this context.

Yes, Oculus CV1, even in Russia :).

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

Vive owner here.

I also think it would be neat to see which HMDs people are using in here. Being in the VR subforum, your results are going to be highly biased towards "Yes" anyways.

Maybe the results will be a bit skewed in this particular sub-forum?

You can't have skewed results when the poll just serves as a counter.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can't have skewed results when the poll just serves as a counter.

Yes, that's what I thought too initially. But I think the idea behind it, was just to see, how many users in total use HMDs.

So the second option N/A is only a placeholder which should not be used. Hence the percentage not really significant in this context.

Ah, indeed. I interpreted the original post wrong (or didn't read it properly.. shame on me). The edit makes the aim of the poll clearer.

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

If you want better poll results, create a Yes/No format poll in the main forum, not the VR sub thread.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Rift and 1080 yeh!

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

Count me in. I enjoy both DCS World and War Thunder. I am a Private Pilot and flight sim enthusiast and just think the VR experience is so much like real life - even better since I get to fly aircraft that I could never get access to.

Dave

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

I've been using Oculus DK2 for a year and now moved on to Vive. I was tired of gaming on a small rectangular window many years before Oculus was ever heard of. I owned PC3d (IO-Systems) back around 2007 and that had awful image quality and no head-tracking and tiny field of view but it gave a glimpse of the future of gaming. The future is now and I am dressed in a tin-foil space suit.

DCS World in VR is the most amazing VR experience. Actually I will say that DCS Nevada in particular. I'm going to use the Las Vegas tour flight and let people experience it on my Vive with body vibration.

I would never go back to non-vr gaming/simulation.

The problem with your poll is its in the VR subsection, so most people seeing it are either VR users or seriously interested in becoming VR users. And since a lot of people haven't even managed to get their hands on one yet, I think we are only seeing the beginning of the number of people that will be using them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Vive.

The latest VR quality of life updates were great. I saw a dramatic improvement with SLI turned on. Thank you so much for supporting SLI better. Frankly I'm quite disappointed at how many titles choke if you turn it on.