New pc, Move dcs hard drive

I am getting a new pc for dcs. I currently have release and ob on a ssd.

Can I move the ssd to the new pc after deactivating all the modules and then re-activate?

Would it be better to start fresh? I would like to keep my settings but fear there may be issues with the config files.

Thanks for your attention.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

This a new pc. I want to move the ssd from the old pc to the new pc. The os will stay the same, win 7 64bit, but all new hardware.

Thank you

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

If it's a new hardware, then it's better to format your SSD (BTW you have the option when installing Windows) then reinstall all the stuff after (drivers, DCS, etc......) you are sure to have a clean system.Concerning your actual config files, you can save them, and after your new install, reapply them.This is very useful for joystick profile....

deactivating all the modules and then re-activate?

Hold the phone! You can deactivate and reactivate? Is this for real? How does one accomplish this? I have been terrified to attempt Win10 again for fear of burning through my remaining "activations," even though they've only ever been installed on one computer, the same computer, by the same owner for life. I've also been looking at a new PC, so this is great info.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

Hold the phone! You can deactivate and reactivate? Is this for real? How does one accomplish this?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/564/

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

WoW! Have no idea how I've been playing DCS for this long and didn't come across this. I am breathing so much easier now. Thanks! Guess I can look at the new PC now too.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf